Chapter 29

Night Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mr. Jongin didn’t eat anything since he arrived earlier today.” One of the maids report to Mr. Kim.

“Get me Risya now and bring his dinner too.” Mr. Kim getting mad.


He walk with Risya to Kai’s room, ready to raise his voice to his to him. “What is your problem ?” Kai ignore his question, he pretending to sleep when he actually wide awake.


“Should I just say the deals off ?” His close eyes is already open wide.


“I shouldn’t trust you from the start.”


“I only ask you to eat, is it that hard ?”


“Yes, it’s hard. Knowing that I have to face my whole life with your ignorance.” Mr. Kim keep his temper. “You know what ? I didn’t just lost my mom, I lost my dad too.”


“Jongin-ah, please don’t do this.” Risya bravely speak up. Before Kai could reply her, one of the guard appeared.


“Mr. Kim, the girl from the Villa this morning making a fuss at the front gate. She wanted to see you and him too.”


“Krystal ?” Kai round his eyes, so did Mr. Kim. “Let her in.” Mr. Kim order the guard and get a nods from him. Kai quickly get up from his bed to look at the window. It’s true, Krystal is here. He proceed to walk out from his room but Mr. Kim stop him. “Don’t touch me.”

 

 

“Krystal ! What are you doing here ?” Kai run towards her and hold both of her arms. Her face and eyes were swollen for crying so hard. She started to cry. “Why don’t you tell me ?” She talk in her cry.


“Tell – tell you what ?” His stuttering. “I own your mom’s heart.” Kai round his eyes as Krystal know the truth. “H – how did you know – “


“You didn’t own it, you steal it !” Mr. Kim shout and jolt everyone. Kai turn to look at Krystal, he take her to his embrace. “No dad, not now. Please !”


“Tell her Jongin !” Mr. Kim is already trembling, he was filled with anger. “Tell her how she ripped the heart out of your mom ! Tell her that she’s the reason you and I, both of us lost the person we love the most !”


“No, it’s not true. I didn’t kill your mom, Kai-ah.” Krystal crying voice turning louder. Kai tightly hug her and keep kissing her head. “Don’t listen to him.”


“You lied to me ! You said you will keep this from her !”


“Ask her how she know that ! I keep the deal, maybe she realize by herself that she’s the murder without people telling her.” Mr. Kim hardly breathe.


“No. I didn’t.” Krystal keep saying no in her cry.


“Guards ! Get her out from here and away from my son !”


“No !” Kai tighten the hug as the guard trying to separate them. “You will never see her again. Let her crumble down with guilty that she kill my wife ! Let her feel the darkness all by herself. I want her to suffer as much as I do.”


Kai cry along with Krystal. Before the guard manage to separate them, Kai attached his lips to her.

“I love you, Krystal.” And they were freed from hugging each other. The guard trying to drag Krystal out from the open gate.


“Stop !”


“Let her go !” 8 of Exo member suddenly appear along with Mr. Jung and one tidy old man. They help the weak-swollen-crying Krystal from the guards. “You are too much !” Mr. Jung shout while hugging his helpless daughter.


Kai struggling to let himself free from the guard. When he manage to do so, he quickly grip onto Mr. Kim’s leg. “Please dad, let go of your grudge. Tell her that she is not the reason mom died. She don’t know anything. Mom wouldn’t want you to act like this. Please.” He begged.


“No ! Myeongju will never do this to me. She will never leave me alone.” Mr. Kim has softened when he started to cry too.


“There’s something you should know Mr. Kim.” The heart catching moment been disturb by the tidy old man. “Who are you ?” Mr. Kim manage to talk.


The attention goes to the old tidy man now. “I’m Dr. Park, Lee Myeongju’s doctor and in charge of the heart transplant operation that include Krystal and your late wife.”


“I am her doctor ever since she’s giving birth to Kim Jongin. I’m not sure if you remember me.”


“Why are you here ? What do you want ?!” Mr. Kim shout. “His here to explain the truth.” Mr. Jung answered. “You keep your mouth shut !” Exo member, Krystal and Kai shut themselves from cutting the older conversation.


“Your wife is still dying even if she didn’t donate her heart to Krystal.” Dr. Park started to talk. “She’s been diagnose to have brain cancer.” Mr. Kim dropped his knee on the ground. Kai is also shocked by that news but still manage to hold on to his dad.


“I said to Myeongju that there’s still a way to cure her cancer but she refuse to get any treatment."


“Myeongju – “ His mouth shaking, tears started to flow continuously. “Kai-ah, your mom – “ He turn to look at his son.


“When she know that she suffer a brain cancer, she ask me to keep it from you. She come to the hospital almost every week for check up and that's when she acknowledged about Krystal. She know Krystal wouldn’t last for long time so she decided to give her heart to Krystal since this young girl is also struggling to live.”


“No – I don’t want to believe you.” It's the first time Kai saw his dad were fully knocked down. He was crying so hard with his knee on the ground. He grip hard onto Kai’s hand.


“I know it's hard for you to believe it but I kept this secret for such a long time already. I think you deserve to know the truth and also preventing you from blaming this young girl. No one else know about the heart transplant operation except for my team. Even Mr. Jung here didn’t know who’s the donor.” Dr. Park keep on telling the whole story.


“I – I don’t understand, why would my mom keep something big like this from us. Did she really want to leave us ?” Kai talk when his dad don’t have any energy to ask.


“That is what I don’t understand from her. Before the Heart transplant operation started, I already encourage her to tell her family. But she still decide on her own way. I'm sorry Mr. Kim. I know that you're hurting but it's the best for you to know the truth. I'm sorry again.”


Just when Dr. Park ended his talk, Mr. Kim collapsed on the ground making the other jolted. “Dad !”

 

 

~.~

 

 

“Myeongju-ah.” Kai awake when he heard his dad calling for her mom. “Dad.” He stay by his dad side at the hospital after the whole truth reveal and his dad collapsed. Kai reach for his hand, holding it tight.


“Jongin-ah, I want to see your mom.” His pal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter