Chapter 23

Night Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Sir please ! Mr. Jung is on important meeting now. You can’t – “ Mr. Kim invade Krystal’s dad office, making the other jolt.

“I’m sorry Mr. Jung, I try to stop him.” His secretary apologize but he sign to her that it’s okay.

“Kim Min Soo, what a pleasant visit. Just in time I finish my meeting.” He thank his client and led them to walk out with the help of his secretary. He proceed to focus on Mr. Kim.

“Have a sit.” The two old man sit facing each other with Mr. Jung smiling while Mr. Kim with no expression.

 

“So what can I – “

“You are so good in acting.” Mr. Kim cut him.

“Acting ? What do you mean ?”

“Don’t pretend that you don’t know. It took me awhile – no. It took me 7 years to figure it out.” His fist balling and Mr. Jung can see that with his eyebrow knotted.

“Figure what ?”

“Lee Myeongju’s death.”

“And you think I have something to do with it ? Why ? I barely know her. Doesn’t make any sen – “

“You took her life !” Mr. Kim finally raise his voice.

“What kind of trash are you talking about ?! Are you mad ?! I don’t have any related to her death.” Mr. Jung started to feel the heat as he really don’t know what his business colleague was talking.

“My wife died 7 years ago, same to your daughter. She had her operation 7 years ago. Heart transplant.”

“Then what is it your wife death related to my daughter’s operation. Stop with this ridi – “

“Your precious daughter took her heart out !” Mr. Kim cut his talk and stand from his seat making Mr. Jung widen his eyes.

“She give her heart to your dying daughter. If it wasn’t because of it, she probably still be alive now. 7 years ago should be the death of your daughter !”


“W–what ? I don’t even know about this. You making out this story.” He try deny the truth. It’s true that Mr. Jung didn’t know who’s the donor and Krystal’s savior but he hope it’s not her, not Myeongju. Mr. Kim throw the thick envelope in front of him.

“Look closely. You sure you didn’t know huh. Well, I don’t care about that. Just remember I’ll make you suffer as what I felt for the past 7 years for losing someone I love, I’ll make you crumble down. There’s no friendship or partner between us again.” His lips trembles as he talk, keeping his anger inside.

He walk leaving the froze Mr. Jung but stop his step at the door. “Keep my word in your mind. Bad news will come real soon.”

 


Mr. Jung still reading all the document from the envelope given to him earlier. He just couldn’t believe that it was her, Lee Myeongju who sacrifice herself to safe his daughter without everyone knowing it.

He stay froze on his seat, there’s no other thing that comes to his mind right now. Beep. The intercom sound jolted him. “Mr. Jung, someone in the line named Kim Jongin want speak with you. Do you want me to transfer the call to you ?”

It took him awhile when he heard that name. “Sir ? I can tell him that you’re busy now – “

“No. Please transfer his call.” Beep. He suddenly feel nervous on what Kai want to talk to him, he can guarantee that Kai already know about that.

 

“Hello ?” He start the conversation.

“I heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter