Chapter 13

Night Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Isn’t that your dad ?” Baekhyun whisper to Kai whenever he get the chance to stand close to him. He got no reply and just give a pity glance to Kai. “Make sure to tell me everything okay ? And you will be fine, don’t worry.” he tap Kai’s shoulder then continue to focus on the show.

The show ended and Kai notice that his family is still here. “What they up to now ?” he whisper to himself. He change his view to Krystal who is already staring at him.

She mouthed to him asking if he’s okay and he nods, bitterly smile.

 

 

“What’s wrong with Kai ? He look lost out of sudden.” Amber notice that.

“Can you guys heads up to the hostel first. Kai ask me to see him after the show.” She lied.

“Guess he just missing you didn’t he ? Alright let’s go girls.” The three of them move out along with the other student, back to the hostel.


Krystal look around and found out that Kai’s family already following exo member to the backstage. She quickly walk towards them but suddenly been distract by the guard.

“I’m sorry miss, you are not allowed to pass here.”

“I’m a friend to them, a very close one. Please let me in.” she pleaded.

“Well, everyone can say that.” The guard still refuse to let her in.

“It’s okay. She’s my friend.” Baekhyun come to rescue her. “Thank god you’re here.” The guard had no choice but to give Krystal the access.

 

“Where’s Kai ?”

“I don’t know. His brother suddenly pull him off us and take him somewhere. I try to find him and I saw you.” Baekhyun explain.

“You mean they pull him off out from this place or they still here ?”

“I don’t know that either. Let’s try to look around, this place isn’t big anyway.” The two of them start to look around.

 

 

 

“What have I done this time ?” Kai asked expressionless.

“So this is what you do huh ? Using our family's name by being a clown on the stage.” Kai scoffed to his dad.

“I didn’t even use that ‘Kim Jongin’ name if you don’t know.” He look straight to his dad, hands in his pocket.

“I don’t know that you could be this low.” His dad again.

“This low clown is your son. Your seed created this low clown and that mean I get this low clown tittle from …” He felt his cheek burn when his dad slap him hard.

Krystal gasped and quickly covering . Baekhyun and Krystal has been quietly ears their conversation. He signal to Krystal to stay still.

Kai’s end lip were bleeding due to the hard slap. He chuckled and swipe the blood away. “One easy question. What do you want from me ?” Kai still be able to talk.


“I want you to stop doing all of this thing.”

“What if I don’t want to ?”

“Well then I have to take you away from your friend and all the thing that makes you happy.” Kai scrunched his eyebrow.

“What do you mean ?” He’s worried of what his dad might do.

“I’m going to send you to study abroad, full guarded.” His eyes widened.

“What ?! We had a deal that I’ll be good in law study and you let me do anything that I want. This is bull !” Kai couldn’t hold his anger.

“Let you do anything you want and my level people start to talk about you by hanging around those street kid ?!” his dad raise his voice.

“Screw that people and also your pride. Those street kid ?! They have name and also come from the good family. They good in studies. How can you talk like this ?! You not even that good.” Kai received another slap from Mr. Kim.


“This is all on you right ?” Kai still manage to talk and throw that question to his brother who stay silent from the start.

“You are too jealous of me because I get to do everything I want and you don’t have the gut to cross this old man.” Kai pointing to his dad, baekhyun and krystal can see the anger in his eyes.

“Kim Jongin ! Keep your mouth shut.” His brother finally talk.

“What for ? You know what, if I’m being the low clown here. You are just the same as me but the different is, you are the clown who play the role as a very good son to his dad.”

“Kim Jongin !” his brother yelled.

“Don’t call me that. That’s not my name. Stop messing around with my life.” He wanted to walk away but his dad stop him again.


“I’m serious in everything I say Jongin. And I will also did not hesitate to drag that girl too.” Kai turn back with his wide eyes.

“Her name is Krystal right ?” his dad show his victory smile. “I have eyes everywhere Kim Jongin. Don’t test me. Keep my word.”

Kai clench his teeth, his fist already balling and shivering. So much anger to his dad. “Why you got to be this jerk ?” he slide himself down and tears fall.

 


Krystal want to approach him but Baekhyun stop her. He pull her to walk with him. “Why ? Don’t you want to comfort him ?” Krystal being all confused.

“Of course I am but don’t let him know that we heard the whole conversation. It will break him more. Especially you. We just act like usual, make him happy and at the same time try to figure everything that can help him.”

Krystal slowly nod her head. Baekhyun suddenly received a call from Sehun.


“Dude ! Where are you ? We’ve been waiting for you to go home now.” Baekhyun distance his phone from his ear because sehun is shouting.

“Kai ?” he asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter