Chapter 6: Good Things Will Come.

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook stared nervously at his phone screen.

‘Hey, Jungkook. Can we meet today after school? I have something to tell you.’

Since he was sick yesterday, he didn’t had the time to open his phone—it was dead when he came home and he literally spent the rest of the day sleeping without knowing a message would appear in his phone.

As he see the time and date, he nervously ran to school, as it was sent yesterday—when he was absent. He didn’t want Taehyung to misunderstood things and thought he ran away from him by taking a sick day. He really wanted to know why Taehyung avoided him.

But soon disappointment came to him. As the opposite of before, Taehyung just had to take an absent today. Guilt crept up in Jungkook’s heart quickly as he he walked slowly to his seat and slumping on it, not minding the asks of where were him yesterday by his classmates.

“What are you going to do Jimin?”

The said name furrowed his brows as he stare at the older boy, “What do you mean?”

“Jeon Jungkook,” paper rustling sound was echoing through the room as they clean up the file room, “You know he’s going to do something to the club,”

“He won’t,” Jimin didn’t faze at the statement as he rummaged through a folder, “The school doesn’t have enough people who liked basketball and he doesn’t even have friends who liked them. It’s only going to be him alone.”

“He’s friends with Taehyung.”

“Taehyung wouldn’t have the courage to do it.”

“Yoongi-hyung seems to be acquainted with him.”

The red-haired boy scoffed, “Sunbaenim isn’t the nicest person on earth. He won’t even let him in into his life. I even doubt they talked,”

“Just— just what if, Jimin.”

“Well if he did,” he threw the paper trashes to the bin, “I’ll make sure it won’t happen.”

 “Come in—oh Hi, Jungkookie! Didn’t thought you would come visit again so soon!”

Jungkook just sheepishly sent a smile to the older boy and a whisper of a greeting reply. Truthfullyy, he didn’t know too why he came here again. The school was already ended without Taehyung in sight, Yoongi didn’t seem to be there again in the music club as usual so Jungkook didn’t have a reason to stay longer at school. But it was too early to go home and no one’s in the house at the time.

So he suddenly found out that his feet had brought him to the Hospital close to the school, the same place he had been in yesterday evening. He didn’t know why but he kind of had the feeling to return, that he needed to visit the older boy once more.

“Don’t just stand there, have a seat!” Today Seokjin has a box of Korean fried chicken (which was running out soon) in his hands. That boy seems to just spend his time eating, “Do you want some? It’s really good!”

Shaking his head, Jungkook rejected the offer, “Thanks, but I already ate hyung. Are okay eating that though?”

The older boy grinned again as he popped in the last piece of chicken and threw the box in the trash bin, “Nope! Too much grease they say. But man, the hospital’s food really . I even doubt they gave seasoning in it!”

Jungkook chuckled, “I guess it was your cousin again that sneaked them in?”

Seokjin flashed a thumbs up to the younger boy, “Yup! Too bad he didn’t stay as usual. I could introduce you to one another!”

“Well, next time maybe,”

The brown-haired boy nodded as he changed the channel to a music program which shows a boyband performing their song, “Oh, I really like this group! Young Nation (A/N: Yes, I’m sorry, I didn’t know what to put)!”

“Oh, I like this group too, hyung!” Jungkook’s eyes shines as his favorite boyband showed up. Truthfully, Jungkook has always had this small dream of becoming a singer, “What’s your favorite song?”

“It’s gotta be Just One Day,” the older boy giggled, “It’s just so... beautiful!”

“Ah, I like that too, but I liked Dope a little much better.”

“Dope’s really cool too! Like.. how can they dance that fast,” Seokjin flailed his hands as he tried to copy the group’s dance,  making the younger laugh in glee, “I swear those moves are like, impossible!”

“Well, probably because they’re jjeoreo, hyung,”

Seokjin bursts in laugh as they suddenly started a Young-Nation-song-karaoke-session, with surprisingly Seokjin’s room TV has a karaoke system installed. In a hospital. They tried to turn the volume as low as possible and they try to only sing soft unnoisy songs (Jungkook found out that Seokjin had a voice like he was blessed by the heavens themselves) but still ended up doing party songs and singing Young Nation’s Dope humorously as Seokjin tried to do all the rap parts and Jungkook fail dancing to the song’s choreo.

They end up their karaoke session when one of the nurses came up to their room and scolds them.

“Ah, the nurses have no jams,” Seokjin pouted as he turned off the karaoke system, “We were just getting started!”

“Well, it is a hospital hyung,” Jungkook laughed, “There are other patients that needed to rest.”

“I’m tired of resting all day,” the pout on the older boy’s face wasn’t leaving, “I wish I can quickly go to school!”

“It’s only two days again, hyung,”

“But I miss school a lot! I wanted to play!” then Seokjin turned to Jungkook, “Oh, yeah! How’s school today, kookie? Did Mr. Kim finally confesses to Ms. Jen that he likes her??”

The younger boy laughed as he heard the infamous gossip—and his nickname, “Nope, he haven’t hyung! I think it’s going to take him, like, forever to do it!”

“You’re right, Mr. Kim is a coward when it comes to things like that!” Seokjin grinned, “Did you already have friends at school?”

Jungkook grew a little silent at the question, “...yeah, I have,”

Seokjin, being not as oblivious as how he looked, noticed that the younger boy’s smile has faltered, “Kookie, is everything alright?”

“Yeah, why did you ask hyung?”

“You seem a little off,” the older boy suddenly gave him a glass of water, “Is it what I say?”

“No, no! It’s not what you said hyung. Everything’s fine,”

“You don’t seem fine when you first came in.”

Sil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter