Chapter 14: Realization

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung,” Namjoon pleaded—the first time since Seokjin was back in school, “Please, why do you keep forcing yourself to go to school? The doctors has been telling me you’re getting worse,”

It’s been days since the occurrence with him and Jimin. Apparently right now, he had just got an instant report of his brother-slash-cousin had almost fainted in the middle of P.E. class, making him quickly rush downstairs without even telling the teacher where was he going. Even though earning a lot of confused glance of Kim-Namjoon-the-notable-school-delinquent-has-rushed-to-save-someone, the silver-haired boy still took the older into his arms and rushing to the school’s clinic.

“You don’t understand—cough!” the older boy said as he laid his body on the bed, “The hospital is too suffocating—you don’t know how it feels to see the same room and the same color for almost more than 5 months!”

“But you won’t get better if you always exhaust yourself like this!”

“Kim Namjoon, please, it’s only been the second time I got sent into the infirmary!” Seokjin exclaimed, “Why are you making such a fuss about it?”

“Because I actually do care about you,” the silver-haired boy retorted as he rummaged through the clinic’s shelf for a cooling pad, “Not like those friends of yours,”

“Why do you hate them so much, Namjoon?” the older sighed, “They were once your friends too, and they didn’t do anything bad to you!”

“Well if they were so nice they wouldn’t bring you out to the field that day and making you almost caught a heatstroke!”

“What if I said I’m the one who wanted it, Namjoon?” Seokjin suddenly shot up from the bed, “Because that’s what actually happened,”

“I just don’t like them, okay?!” the boy finally faced him, finally found the cooling pad he was searching, “And now that Jung Hoseok has been meddling with you too who knows what’s the council going to do? As if that Jeon boy wasn’t enough,”

“Don’t say that about Jungkook!” the older boy glared, “Namjoon, you can’t say things like that about the people you don’t know!”

“I know that they scream trouble to you, hyung,” the silver-haired boy slapped a cooling pad to the older’s forehead, earning a sound of complain from him and then turned back, making his way out, “And I won’t let anything happen to you,”

“Kim Namjoon, wait—,”

Before Seokjin could say anything more, the delinquent has made his way out, leaving him alone in the clinic.

“Oh, Namjoon,” he sighed, “What have you become?”

“I heard hyung’s in the infirmary,”

“Oh, really?” Jungkook questions as he bites his usual curry bun, “Let’s bring him some pudding then before he complains,”

Hoseok chuckled, “Yeah, he must be like frustrated of the teachers keep sending him to the clinic now,”

“Well the puddings always shuts him up so that must be enough,” Yoongi said as he sipped his carton milk, “Gotta be fast though, that dessert is everyone’s favorite,”

“I’ll take a look first, then!”

As soon as Jungkook stood up from his seat, suddenly someone came up behind him and pulled his collar, making him drop to the cafeteria’s floor. From the corner of his eyes, he can see his friends stood up too in anger. He glanced to the guy that had dropped him and his eyes was met with a flock of silver-hair and a bunch of his goons.

“Jeon Jungkook,” he spats, “Stop ing around with my brother!”

“Yah, Kim Namjoon—,” Hoseok started to move closer, but Namjoon’s glare stopped him.

“ing hold the three of them,” he ordered his gang members, “I need to finish my business with this idiot prick undisturbed,”

“What the —,” the blonde-haired boy spats as suddenly the boys that flocked around Namjoon started locking his hands, he could also see some of them pinning Taehyung on the floor while doing the same like him to Hoseok, “You , what are you trying to do?!”

“This stupid ,” Namjoon kicks the black-haired boy’s waist who was still currently on the floor, earning a scream of pain from him, “Needs to ing learn that he need to get the out of people’s business!”

“He done nothing to you, Namjoon!” Taehyung screamed while struggling to free himself, leaving out honorifics in hate. The older boy who had heard him scoffed, as if everything that Jungkook do is a violation to his rights.

“Nothing? If had done nothing, he, wouldn’t, be, like, this!” the taller boy kicked Jungkook again each for every word he said, “If this guy hadn’t tried to snoop in to the basketball club’s business or if he didn’t mess with my brother, he wouldn’t get it? But what? I found this prick meddling into my history like he thought he was a ing hero to bring my ex-friends together!”

Another blow landed on Jungkook’s stomach, “First he befriends that ing nobody who brings only bad lucks!”

“Then that insane hard-headed that’s probably going to be disowned by his dad soon!” Yoongi shook as he heard Namjoon said that, “He’s probably going to die soon!”

 “And he ing touched my brother!” another kick.

“And that ing council pet!” another punch.

“You’re just searching a reason to bully him!” Hoseok cried, his wrists are starting to sore from the grip, “He wasn’t even the one who got close to hyung, he was the one who asked about him first!”

“Stop!” Namjoon suddenly pointed at the vice-president, “I don’t like hearing that you’re trying to blame my brother when you, was one of the cause that all of this can happen!”

“And I—,” he landed another punch to Jungkook, “Can bully him however I like, because he’s the one who’s asking for trouble first!”

It was a mess—Yoongi’s head pulled in a lock, Hoseok had both of his hands gripped tightly and hold back by the gang members and Taehyung was still pinned on the floor, now with his head pushed down too. Jungkook in the other hand was holding his sides as he tried to bear with the blows that the silver-haired boy had landed upon him. By now, the rest of the students in the cafeteria had ran out of the room, afraid that if they got involved they will in trouble and the sight of Namjoon hitting the poor boy nonstop was just unbearable. The usually crowded place was empty now, only consisting of the fighting boys.

“Stop it!” Yoongi screamed, his breath getting erratic, “You’re insane, Namjoon, you’ll be dead if Jin-hyung ever sees this!”

“He won’t, and I’ll make sure no one reports it too him too,” another kick to Jungkook, “This boy had to stop butting in if he wants to keep living!”

“You’re a monster, Jungkook has been beaten enough by you why are you still doing this?!” tears started to form in Taehyung’s eyes, “He’ll die if you do that!”

Namjoon didn’t stop torturing the boy even though the three guys that was still hold back had tell him things that they thought it would make him stop—but the silver-haired boy was just too blinded with his anger. He also knows that once his brother finds out about this, he probably wouldn’t live to see another day—but he needs someone to blame for all the things that had happen to him, and Jungkook the outsider was deemed the perfect person for him.

As the delinquent didn’t stop what was he doing, Yoongi, Hoseok and Taehyung was panicking because Jungkook’s visible skin was no longer clean white.

But what happens the next shocks them.

The taller boy was just going to hit his face when suddenly he was thrown back, falling to the floor with a shocked expression. He can’t really believe what happened, but Jeon Jungkook, had just kicked him back.

They stared as the black-haired boy struggled to stand up, still holding his hurt sides as he still faces down. His legs was visibly shivering from the pain that he had to hold in, but still managed to stand tall.

“Kim Namjoon,” he whispered, “Aren’t you ashamed of the things that you had told me?”

“W-what?!”

“I understand,” Jungkook’s words were in pieces as his breath was fazing from the loosing strength that he had used to bear Namjoon’s blows, “That you’re afraid of  of losing him, but aren’t you just being sel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter