Chapter 23: Drown

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: First of all, I'm sorry that few hours was just two hours ok I didn't mean for you guys to immideatly have an emotional rollercoaster again but guys really I'm so sleepy even though it's effin 11 a.m. here I woke up too early and slept too late ok I really need some sleep but I can't be at ease if the chapter wasn't finished so I had a sugar rush and zoomed past it ok thank you for reading my rant I love you guys to the moon and back <3

P.S. I kind of made a poster for this fic but I don't think it's nice enough to be one... but I don't want to get a shop do it I really wanted to keep it really simple but but now I'm kind of thinking maybe I should get a shop do it... but I wanted to use my own work--

Okay I'm sorry here's the real chapter starts

The street lamps were already flashing bright, but Jungkook didn’t stop running.

In between feeling betrayed that his brother had concealed the peoples in his surrounding’s true feelings about him or how his brother was subtly saying that he was so pathetic he needed to be protected from the world, he doesn’t really know what he’s feeling right now. A mixture of anger, disappointment and sadness, he’s beyond confused of what is Jungwon trying to do to him.

But he was sure that he was angry that his brother made him feel like he’s been living a lie.

That the truth he was never a special person.

He was a disappointment that needs to be hidden from the world.

*******

“It was a surprise that you never wondered why do you grow up so reluctant over people,” Kris sighed, “But it was far more shocking that you never even question his actions,”

“What.. what are you trying to say, Kris?”

“Remember that time when summer break ended and a whole bunch of new kids got into the school?” the blonde foreigner asked, “One of them came to your right?”

“You mean Seungjun? Yeah, I remember him,”

“When was the last time you played with him?”

Jungkook tilts his head in confusion, “I don’t think I get to play with him since we met. There is this one time that he offered me to lunch, but I think Jungwon brought me out of the school that day,”

“Now I want you to count your friends back in LA.”

“Huh?”

“Just do it,”

“Uhh,” the black-haired boy purses his lips, “There’s Mark, Jackson, Eric, and that girl Amber, I think? Also Halla and Ailee but I don’t know her a lot,”

Kris nodded, “Was that it?”

“I don’t know... I can’t remember more,”

“Do they all friends with your brother too?”

“Well basically I know them from Jungwon,” Jungkook squinted his eyes on the blonde, “Why are you asking me all of this?”

“Haven’t you notice that Jungwon’s been doing what he’s done to Seungjun for your whole life?”

“Kris, I don’t understand!”

“Jungwon’s been subtly keeping you off from getting friends, Jungkook,” the blonde boy looked at the younger with pity, “He’s the one who made you grow up like this!”

“W-what?!”

“Jungwon doesn’t want you to feel pressured by his prensence,” Kris says ash he sighed, “It does sounds wrong, concealing you from your supposed-to-be friends and forcing you to brush off every new people you met, but he just wanted you to be happy. He’s just afraid that people will do harm on you,”

“Pressured? Concealing?”

“He’s been sending lies to you, you know you’re always been praised by him and he always told you that he’s proud of you, right?” the black-haired boy reluctanly nodded to him, “Here’s the thing—none of the other people thinks like that too. I mean, excluding me okay, because I think you’re really great. But most people aren’t like me and him, Jungkook.”

Jungkook shook his head, it was getting hurt because of the confusion, “I don’t understand!”

“People has been saying things behind your back, saying that you should be more like him and you’re a disappointment—they’ve even said that the only thing that you inherit from the Jeons is only your looks. People had been so cruel to you, Jungkook,” Kris holds the younger’s hand and squeezed it lightly, “But Jungwon never told you—he’s making you feel like you’re living in a utopia,”

“So all of those things—when he told me Zackary wants me in the official team, when he said he knows Halla likes me back—all of it was a lie?”

“I don’t know about Halla, but Zackary has never mentioned you once in our games,”

“You—You’re lying right?!” Jungkook trembled, “You’re saying that my brother had been keeping me in his cage for my whole life!”

“You might think I’m bluffing but it’s the truth, Jungkook,” the blonde foreigner bits his lower lip, “Thats why he came up to me—the most person that people wouldn’t even talk in the school,”

“He—he knows that what he was doing was wrong. He can just leave you alone and stopped messing with your social life, but he said that people will still see you as the shadow—a comparison to him. He doesn’t want you to live as just a copy of him, he wanted people to truly see you as yourself,” Kris closed his eyes as he recalled the memory, “He decided that he had to take a big turn in his life if he wanted you to shot up to the top,”

“No,” the black-haired boy’s lips began to tremble, “Don’t tell me..,”

“Well, what is it more to me other than that notorious rumor?” he laughed dryly, “Yes, he begged me to join the LA street gang,”

“I don’t believe this,” the younger boy’s eyes began to water, “So, that time, when you were with him..?”

“He wanted to get rid of his perfect title, he forced me to register him in,” the foreigner looked down, “He started off as a messenger, but he didn’t think it was enough. He strifed for a bigger position—he wanted to be one of the dealers and hoped to get exposed so people would turn to you,”

“It was unfortunate that we got caught between an internal fight. Trust me, Jungwon never lose his sense of justice even though he had done a lot of things to get that position. But he defended our boss and we were quite outnumbered,” Kris gulped as the pictures flashes in his mind, “We were really unlucky that time that the betrayers brought spiked bats,”

“No, this is too much, I can’t believe this!” Jungkook grabbed a fist of his hair, tears already streaming down, “They said that time it was just a fight of some drunken adult—they never said it was a gang! You have to be lying!”

“Then explain your brothers injuries,” Kris sneered at him, “Do you think it’s just regular fists and kicks?”

Jungkook grew silent. He was crying but no sound came from him. His tears was just silently streaming down his face as he looked to the ground, water drops began to stain the asphalt. He can’t believe that Jeon Jungwon, the person that he had believed to be his true best friend, the person that he had trusted and had promised to him that he would never keep any lies and secrets from him, was actually caging him from everything and had undirectly purposed to kill himself.

That’s why Jungkook couldn’t understand Taehyung’s action that time when he avoided him.

That’s why Jungkook get cower easil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter