Chapter 18: Light.

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yoongi-hyung, let’s play at playground!”

Yoongi flipped his head as he heard the familiar voice. He wasn’t sure why the boy’s voice was lot lighter than how he used to remember or why is he calling him out to play while he was in the middle of dying, but he turned anyway.

His eyes was met with a flock of blonde-hair that he was still wondering why he was born with blonde hair when he had black. It was probably from her mom’s mixed genes, but still it got him confused.

He was just about to reply the boy’s call when suddenly a black-haired boy walked pass him, going to straight to the blonde-haired.

“But mom said we can’t play too far, woozi-ah,” the boy said in concern with his back still facing Yoongi, “She said we’ll get lost!”

“But the playground isn’t too far, hyung!” the younger pleaded, pouting at him with his puppy eyes.

“”Then we’ll have to ask mom first,”

Beyond confused, Yoongi finally took a glance around his surroundings. He was currently inside a very familiar living room, with the old TV that his mom had liked so much that she refused to change it into a new one, an odd looking painting that his dad had made when he was still working, and a very clean glass cabinet with a family photo placed in it.

It was surreal—Yoongi knew he had jumped from the school’s rooftop then suddenly he was greeted with a sight of his old house. It was pretty confusing when he looked at a very much younger Jihoon in his sight, and now this familiar black-haired boy appeared in front of him.

Trying to figure out the situation, Yoongi tried to touch the black-haired boy’s shoulder, only to have his hands went pass the boy’s body as if he was transparent. It just made him much more puzzled.

What is he doing here?

“Mom, can we go to the playground?” the black-haired boy screamed upstairs, surprisingly receiving an answer.

“Just stay together, dearie!”

“Yay!” a cheer was heard from the younger boy, “Let’s go, hyung!”

“Wait, let me get our coats!” the older boy says as he went to the stairs, not forgetting to glance at Yoongi. As the boy’s face comes into Yoongi’s sight, he gasped and he could feel his heart stopped.

His younger self is staring at him in pity.

Suddenly the scene bursts out to white, blinding Yoongi’s eyes that he had to cover them. His surroundings was changed into a bedroom, with two boys huddling in the corner of it.

“You’ve been seeing that man right?! I know you do!” A scream was heard like a fight was going on downstairs, and Yoongi could see the younger boy whimper in fear as the older tried to hug him tighter.

“For the last time I told you he was only a co-worker! He wasn’t anything more!”

“Well why the you were going out with him last night?!”

“It was a work dinner! Why do you keep doubting me? Am I such a liar than you never trusted me anymore?!”

A loud crash of glass filled the house, almost making the younger of the two boys huddling in the corner scream. The older boy just keep biting his lower lips as he tried not to cry himself, whispering soothing words to the younger.

“Hyung,” he calls, “Why do they keep fighting? I don’t want mom and dad to fight!”

“I don’t know, Woozi-ah,” he shook his head, “I don’t know,”

Then the scene quickly changes again, another blinding white washes him as the transition goes. He was now greeted with a scene of a man going out of the house with a big suitcase with him, bringing along the older as the woman who was currently at the doorstep beside the younger boy frowned at him.

“Hyung,” the younger cried, “Please, don’t go!”

“I’m sorry, Woozi-ah,” there were tears holded back in his eyes, “Goodbye,”

“Hyung!”

Yoongi was getting more confused—why is he being showned his own memories? As if his heart wasn’t broken enough, they just had to reel back his life movie and screened it on him. Almost like the world is mocking at him, he was shown the scene of his father getting abusive to him—the biggest reason that made him decide to end his life. Thankfully it wasn’t too long, because he was already getting nausious about it.

As his memories keep flashing by him, suddenly the blinding white stops at a certain scene that he was sure he had never experienced this before.

“Hyung,” a familiar black-haired boy shook his body—or he should say the sleeping Yoongi one, who was currently lying on the music room’s carpeted floor, “Come on, stop napping we have to go to practice!”

“Jungkook!” a flock of brown hair appeared on the door, “Is Yoongi-hyung up yet?”

The boy shook his head, “He’s not waking up, Tae! Help me!”

“Just tickle him,” suddenly the council duo showed up, “He’ll wake up then!”

“Yeah, then he’ll kill all of us,” the red-haired boy’s statement made the other snicker, but made the youngest of the crowd frown, “I don’t want to get killed yet,”

“Here,” a silver-haired boy appeared beside the younger, offering a bottle of water, “Just dump this on him,”

“Don’t!” suddenly the oldest screamed, “You’ll ruin the carpet, Namjoon!”

A laughter erupted from the boys, “Seokjin-hyung wasn’t even worried at Yoongi!”

“Hey, we can handle Yoongi but we cannot handle the school’s carpet!”

“Ah, Yoongi-hyung!” the black-haired boy yelled again, “Please, we need you to practice!”

The sentence echoed in Yoongi’s mind as he watched the scene of his friends waking him up. He was feeling bad at the sight, the idea of him leaving them was suddenly surfaced in his head and it made him felt guilty for ending his life. The scene slowly dispersed into nothingness as a voice was heard from his back.

“They still need you.”

He abruptly turn back at the voice as the place around him grew white again, leaving him alone with a young black-haired boy  staring at him, tilting his head slightly.

“What,” Yoongi glared, “What do you want?”

The boy didn’t say anything but rather he moved closer to him, making Yoongi stepped back. The boy finally stopped at a point and the distance between them wasn’t so far anymore. He smiled at Yoongi so sincerely that it made the older boy’s heart clench.

He hadn’t been smiling like that since years.

The boy’s—or he should say his younger self—smile falter as he took a step back and looked down. It made Yoongi perked up his eyebrow when the boy’s head shot up again, staring him deeply.

“It’s time for you to wake up, Min Yoongi.”

“Wait!” Yoongi screamed as he ran to the boy, hands trying to reach him, “What do you mean?! Where are you going?!”

But the boy just grinned at him and disappears into thin air.

He could feel his body sore.

The room surrounding him was white—too white even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter