Chapter 13: Disturbance.

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

tw: mentions of selfharm

*******

Jeon Jungkook was overwhelmed.

The story that the boys had been telling made him feel like he just had a really sad nightmare—he couldn’t really understand it but he knows it was heart-wrecking. Being suddenly betrayed with the people you had cared about does hurt a lot, and he can’t really blame anyone after hearing that. He would probably broke too if it happens to him. He can see the regret in their eyes, how it scarred them.

(Even though he was pretty much broken too right now.)

The first art club’s weekly assignment’s dead line was closing in and thankfully Jungkook has already finished his work. It wasn’t grand but he was pretty content on how it ends up even though he wasn’t sure it’s going to score a lot of points. He actually took it quite seriously, remembering the prize would be a delight if he really can get it.

But the thing that what makes him really nervous was how he had to submit his work to the club’s president, Park Jimin. If he was already pretty cold before Hoseok had told him the story, he can’t even think how he’ll be now after all the tale.

He waited until everyone has submitted theirs—he decided if things going to go ugly he better make sure no one sees it beside him and Jimin himself. The line was still pretty long, and he quickly found himself at the very last of it, having the backspace for himself.

It took some time—the art club had a little more than average members than the other clubs, courtesy of Park Jimin of course. The boy apparantly has a reputation between the girls beside being the school’s president. Girls seems to found him ‘hot’ and Jungkook could bet that half of the female population of the art club was probably only there for the red-haired boy.

Finally it was his turn. He could already feel Jimin’s burning gaze on him. He reluctantly walked over to his desk and took out his work from his bag, giving it to him. The red-haired boy while still sitting on his seat eyes the canvas that was now in his hand, squinting his eyes occacionally even though he already had his glasses on before finally shrugging his shoulders.

“Not bad, but I hoped you do much better next time,” he says as he take Jungkook’s club report card, writing things and signing it, “So what did Hoseok-hyung told you?”

“Huh?” Jungkook didn’t expected him to know about it. And he wasn’t sure that he could tell him, “Nothing really important, I guess,”

“Nothing important, huh?” he says as he glances to the boy while still working on his card, “Hoseok-hyung doesn’t run around to tell unimportant things,”

The younger boy was silenced, not sure what to answer. The president in front of him sighed, turning his eyes back to the card, scribbling the boy’s points on the paper, “Deciding not to tell?”

After sometime pausing in his words, he finally opened his mouth again.

“Why council, sunbaenim?”

“So he did tell you,” Jimin puts down his pen, giving back the boy’s card, “I have my reasons and let me firstly tell you before you go further—do not get involved, Jeon Jungkook. Stay out of the lane, and don’t even try touch the basketball club,”

“Why do you hate it so much?” At this moment, Jungkook regreted what he said and he hoped he had just shrug it off and went home, “You were one of the best players, sunbaenim. You’re in the main team,”

“If you listen closely to what Hoseok-hyung says you wouldn’t ask that—the basketball club gives the school a bad reputation,”

“Even though with all those achievement?”

“Achievements doesn’t mean anything when it’s already bringing the school down,”

“I don’t understand,” the black-haired boy scrunches his face, “There’s nothing wrong with basketball!”

“Wrong. Basketball wastes energy, wastes money, and wastes time. The school needs more intellegent students instead of a bunch of sweaty jocks,”

“Why only basketball then? All sports are like that!”

“Are you that oblivious or you just don’t realize that the school doesn’t have any sports club beside the banned basketball club?”

Silence came upon Jungkook. His face was in shock, but then he gritted his teeth, “This is insane—you’re locking our creativity and freedom by doing that! That is a violation of human rights!”

Suddenly Jimin slammed his hands on the table, moving closer to the younger boy, “What do you know about freedom, Jeon Jungkook? There’s no such luxury that high in this world and I suggest you stop trying,”

“You’re just saying that because you’re afraid to fight for your own,” Jungkook words felt like venom to Jimin—it hits right on the spot.

The red-haired boy retaliated, trying hard not to burst, “You’re saying as if I haven’t ever tried fighting it, Jungkook—you can’t win if you already have a place designated for you. You cannot have everything go your way.”

“But you know you could do more,” Jungkook kept his stance, “What happened after you broke your knee, sunbaenim?”

“You do not have the authority to ask me that!”

“Sunbaenim, please!” the younger of the two pleaded, “Don’t you know you’re hurting people by being this way?”

“I do know clearly that I hurt people, Jungkook,” the red-haired boy spat, “You cannot avoid the effect of the things that you have to do.”

“So you will keep hurting them as long you’re safe?” Jungkook’s stared straight to the boy’s eyes, piercing through them, “You’re heartless, sunbaenim,”

“Jeon Jungkook, that’s enough!” he shouted, “You do not know things about me, and I suggest you keep out of it too.”

“If I see you meddling with the basketball club again, Jeon Jungkook, I wont stay still again,” he then stood up, grabs his bag and the rest of the papers from the table, “Unlike you, I have a school reputation to protect,”

Jimin then walked out, closing the door and leaving the black-haired boy alone curling in his seat.

“Thanks mom,” Yoongi smiled to the woman in front of him, “Your cooking is always the best,”

“Anytime Yoongi,” she smiled, “You’re always welcome here, you know it right?”

“Yeah, I know,” he replied before sending a bitter smile. He actually worries what’s going to happen after this—afterall, he had sneaked away from his dad again to see his mom.

“Jihoonie! Your brother is leaving!”

“Wait, wait!!” a sound of footsteps strutting down the stairs was heard and a flock of lilac hair appeared behind Yoongi’s mom, slightly panting. He then moved over to the boy and gave him a brochure—Yoongi’s school festival.

He chuckled slightly, “Why are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter