Chapter 2: Try Again

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That morning wasn’t really a great morning for Jungkook.

The alarm clock has ringed annoyingly as he felt that he just got some sleep. He had spent that night crying over his brother secretly—which he has been doing since the day he died—he didn’t really thought that he still had school at the morning. His blanket was still covering tightly with him curling under it, he really didn’t feel like going up to school today.

After what happened yesterday, the thought of school has been a little more terrifying to him. It’s not like he never had been into a fight before, it’s just reminded him to much of his brother—who used to be a ‘Hero’ figure in their school, fighting off bullies and defending the weak. Jungkook has thought it was careless of him, to go into fights recklessly defending someone who he even doesn’t know. But eventually, he understood what his brother meant by doing things like that and eventually helped him by tending his wounds.

And that made him think,

What would his brother do if he was him?

The alarm began to ring again from it’s snooze function, making Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts. He reached a hand to the clock and roughly pushed the buttons to turn the ringing sound off. Reluctantly, he finaly stood up and began to get ready for school. As he was wearing his blazer, he took a moment to glance himself on the mirror.

The dark circles under his eyes began to look too eye-catching. It was worsening since he came first to Korea. He sighed as he took a secret compartment from under his bed, consisting a lot of first-aid kit and some concealers that he was glad he took back with him while moving—which he had used before to tend his brother’s wounds and concealing them to keep things secret from their parents. He took a little of the concealer and patted it cleanly to his dark circles, making it a little less visible from first glance. Satisfied with his work, he threw back the concealer to the compartment and pushed it back into it’s place while tidying up as if the compartment didn’t exist before.

“Jungkook, Taehyung’s here!”

And that was his cue to go. He just hoped that nothing bad will happen today.

First and second period wasn’t troublesome to Jungkook’s relieve. Nothing came up to him in the morning and he took his seat as usual with Taehyung chattering cheerily beside him. He realized that some of the students were gossiping what would probably be about him, but he was confused when they started pointing at Taehyung. Like there was something wrong with him. But seeing as the pointed person didn’t bother or even realize about it, he decided to shrug it off.

Break time came quickly, him and Taehyung decided to get their usual curry buns and milk, trying to keep it natural like as if yesterday didn’t happen. Thankfully it was going pretty smooth, but luck wasn’t really there with them.

After they were done in the cafeteria, they accidentally pass Namjoon and some of his gang bullying a freshman.

“Great timing,” Namjoon smirked when he caught Jungkook in the corner of his eyes, “I have an unfinished business with you too,”

“Go for it,” one of his gang member grinned, “We got this one,”

Chuckled in confirmation, Namjoon walked to the said boy and slammed him into the wall. Taehyung who was beside him was surprised and flinched. A loud bang was resulted because of the slam, but it was fortunate that there were nobody else beside them in the hallway.

“So, you’re not only a wimp,” the silver-haired boy grinned as he hold Jungkook on the collar and turned to Taehyung who is glaring at him furiously, “you’re also friends with this nobody, which also makes you a nobody!”

Hearing that, Taehyung moved closer to him as he was going to punch him in the face, but wasn’t fast enough that he’s now already in the hold of Namjoon’s gang members. Their grip was like handcuffs—tight and paining, but nevertheless he still struggled to get out of it, “You could call me a nobody, but that doesn’t mean you could call him that!”

“Oh, what’s this?” Namjoon kept a tight grip on the boy who’s choking for air, “Kim Taehyung finally has the guts to retort things back!”

Suddenly Namjoon threw a punch at Jungkook and threw him to one of s, moving over to Taehyung. He chuckled as he pulled Taehyung’s chin up to his level, “Where does that courage come from, hmm? I bet you’re just pretending. You’re pretending to be tough so that wimp will be friends with you, so you wouldn’t be so pitiful anymore,”

“Shut up, Namjoon,” Taehyung spat back, “It was you who was pitiful! You’re the one who was acting tough so you think you can get it back to him!”

A punch was delivered to Taehyung’s face, resulting a shriek from Jungkook who was powerless in the hand of the gang member, “, you say it again and you’ll get more of these!”

“What would Seokjin-hyung think when he sees you like this, huh, Kim Namjoon? After all,” Taehyung grinned as he knows he hit a nerve, not minding the pain of his bruised lip when he grinned, “aren’t you his beloved baby brother?”

In a split second, another punch went into Taehyung’s stomach, making him kneel in pain while Jungkook was still struggling to free himself. He tried to kick on of the guys but it only resulted in him getting kicked back. As Namjoon was going to land another fist to Taehyung, he was suddenly pulled back by the collar and lost balance, resulting him to fall and land right on his . The silver-haired boy was about to beat back the guy who pulled him, but instead glared and clicked his tounge when he saw the culprit.

“Jung Hoseok,” he gnarled threateningly, “When will you stop ing around with people’s business?!”

“If you hadn’t know, I have the authority to ‘ around’ with people’s business here,” the boy replied as he gestured his fingers at the word, “You could stop now before I report you to the teacher’s again for the third time. You know what they do on third times, Namjoon,”

Namjoon scoffed and stood up, “Let them away,”

The gang members did what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter