Chapter 1: First Impressions, First Impressions.

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Jungkook was nervous.

It has been a week since he moved back to South Korea from Los Angeles and he hadn’t got used to it yet. He hasn’t been in Busan for more than 5 years and the place has changed a lot, besides the river that he has marked as a sign that he’s going how in the right way and a small convenience store not far from it. And yet his Korean-speaking skills isn’t improving from the moment he stepped in his birthland from the airplane.

It’s not like he can’t speak Korean at all—he used it all the time at home—but having mingling with a lot of non-Koreans outside home and the thought of that he’s not really that talkative when it comes to the family with an exception of his brother (deceased though, that’s why they moved) makes it much more difficult to speak in the language towards stranger. The fact that his old childhood friend has moved to Seoul and isn’t there to help him now doesn’t makes it much better.

“Jungkook-ah, are you ready yet?”

A soft call from downstairs made him halt his wandering thoughts. Staring back at the mirror his standing in front to with a reflection of his now-black hair and his new uniform, he just had to make sure that nothing is out of place so he wouldn’t be humiliated on his first day of school. Finally feeling everything is perfect, he nodded to himself and answered the call.

“Yeah, I’m ready!”

“I’m sorry we couldn’t get you a better school, Jungkook-ah,” his mom frowned, “All the schools has their chairs full and everything else is just too far away,”

“No worries, Mom,” the boy sent a calming smile, “Any school is good for me. As long as I still can learn anywhere is fine,”

She chuckled, “No wonder Jungwon is really proud of you. You’re always positive,”

Jungkook smiled bitterly, the name was like needles to his heart. But nonetheless he kept answering, “Yeah,”

“Well, we have finally arrived,” She peered out of the cars window, “Big Hit High,”

The building they stopped in front of was pretty decent. It wasn’t grand or anything but still pretty board for a school that has been listed as mediocre. It was painted in broken white with pale blue for it accents, three stories high with a pretty spacious sports field.

It was really quiet, it seems everyone has entered class. Jungkook finally opened the car door and stepped outside. The spring breeze greeted him as he stared at the now his school building. He was being more nervous than before, but he knows there’s no turning back now.

“So, do you need me to accompany you to the office?” His mom looked to him, “I still got time before picking your dad up from the airport,”

“No,” he shook his head, “I’m fine on myself,”

“Well okay then, call me when you need anything!”

Jungkook smiled, “Yeah. Bye mom.”

As the car drove past him, he sighs and turns back. Time to face the real reality.

“Now where do we start?”

Regretting that he didn’t take the school map with him, he walked through to the building, hoping that somehow he can get to the office without getting lost. Jungkook wasn’t really good at memorizing routes though, so getting lost was pretty normal to him.

As he stepped into the building, luckily a student passed by him. Seeing his confused face, the student smiles and approached him.

“Hey, are you new?”

Seeing that someone has talked to him, he stuttered as he accidently spit out English from his mouth, “Ah, yeah, I’m new—aah I mean, yeah, I’m new!”

The student chuckled, “You must be the rumored foreign student!” He smiled to the new boy, “Come, I’ll show you the office. I’m Jung Hoseok, you?”

“A-ah, I’m Jeon Jungkook,”

“So, Jungkookie,” Jungkook startled as he called with an unfamiliar nickname. Hoseok noticed it and grinned though, “ah, sorry, I tend to call people with nicknames. What grade are you right now?”

“I’m a tenth grader,”

“Ah, so I’m older than you. I’m in eleventh,”

“Oh, sorry, sunbaenim¸ I didn’t know,”

He laughed again, “Hey, its cool! Just hyung is alright. Sunbaenim makes me sound like a scary upperclassmen,”

“O-okay then, Hoseok-hyung,”

They finally stopped walking and stood in front of a pretty grand door, all mahogany with gold accents. Hoseok turn to him and smiled.

“Well, we’re here. But I might as well accompany you too, I have bussines here,” He knocks the door twice, “Jiminnie, it’s your hope~!”

“Just come in, hyung,”

He turned back to Jungkook, “Come!” He pushed the door in front of him and smiled brightly, “I brought the new guy~!”

“Oh?” a red haired boy turned from his work and looked to Jungkook, “ah, I forgot you’re coming today! Jeon Jungkook, right?”

Jungkook nodded, “Yeah, that’s me,”

“Well,” the red haired boy opened up a drawer in the desk and rummaged through it, “the Principal’s currently not in his place today, so you’ll be handled with me then,” he finally took out a folder and smiled to Jungkook, “I’m Park Jimin, the school’s president. Hoseok-hyung here is the vice president. We’re on the same grade but he’s a lot older than me,”

Hoseok smiled to him as he went to another desk, checking in a laptop as Jungkook returned his smile. The new guy turned back to the school president and found himself staring at his hair. Jimin noticed this and chuckled, “If you’re wondering why my hair is red, the school actually doesnt have restriction on hair color,” Jungkook nodded in awe, feeling a little of regret for dying his hair black. The school’s president pushed him some documents to fill and gave him a pen, “Such a shame on your red-wine hair, huh?”

The guy startled and flushed a little. Jimin who saw it laughed, “Your transfer documents still had your old photo,”

“A-ah, I see..,”

As Jungkook finally finished his document requirements, Hoseok went to him and gave him a piece of paper, “Here’s your table for the year, your class documents and in case you forgot a map of the school. Your in, uhm..,” the boy squinted his eyes on the paper, “Class 1-A. Yeah. Don’t worry about getting lost again though, I’m going to walk you there,”

“Ah, thank you hyung,”

“Well, everything’s pretty much done, you can go now. Don’t wanna miss your first class right?” Jimin smiled to Jungkook, “I’ll see you later, Jeon Jungkook,”

“Yeah, thank you very much, Jimin-sunbaenim,”

He smiled, “my pleasure,”

Hoseok finally has escorted Jungkook to his claass and curently silent conversing with class’s teacher, making Jung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter