Epilogue: The Most Beautiful Moment in Our Life

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeon Jungkook was nervous.

It’s beyond how he felt on the first day of school. With Yoongi on his shoulder sleeping soundly and Taehyung half-sitting half-sleeping with his head on his lap (he was thankful that the train wasn’t jam packed so no one will be distrubed), Seokjin secretly eating a bread in front of him and Jimin and Hoseok was sleeping soundly on the oldest’s shoulder, he’s currently on his way to Haeundae-gu (their home is in Busanjin-gu) for the basketball finals with the rest of his team.

“You should go to sleep, Jungkook,” Namjoon says as he stood in front of him, giving him a box of milk, “It’s still six in the morning and we aren’t arriving in around two hours,”

“I can’t sleep hyung,” he smiled sheepishly as he took the milk carton from the silver-haired boy, “I’m too nervous,”

“Yeah, I know how you feel,” the older boy grinned at him, “It’s already finals huh. Can’t wait to see Sajik Arena,”

“Me too,” suddenly he frowned, “Hyung, what if I mess up?”

But the taller boy only ruffled the younger’s hair, “As long you’re doing your best, you won’t mess up, Jungkook. Besides, we’re all here together! Lean on us a little, will you?”

The boy nodded, “Sorry, hyung,”

“That’s okay,” Namjoon smiled at him, “You should really try to get some sleep, we need all the energy we can get. I’ll wake you up when we arrive,”

Jungkook smiled back at him, “Okay, hyung,”

“Okay guys,” Seokjin says as he scribbled something on his board, “Pledis High’s strongest member is that Mingyu guy. He’s standing 6’1” inch tall, and he’s definetly will be a trouble for Suga and Chimchim,”

“ you, Jin-hyung,” Yoongi cursed followed by a scowl from Jimin. The rest of the boys snickers as they agrees with the oldest member.

“We fought them last year in the semi-finals and I think they already gotten the thought on how Rapmon and V play,” the boy continued, “So Jungkook is our Dark Horse this time, I suggest he came in on the third quarter,”

 “You’re right, we shouldn’t waste Jungkook’s talent immidiately,” Namjoon nodded, “So I guess we’ll be going in with the usual position first?”

“Yeah, we’re going in with our original starting lineup—Rapmon as the center, Chimchim as the point guard, Suga as the shooting guard, J-hope’s the small forward and V’s the power forward. We clear?”

“It’s fixed,” Hoseok nodded, “Let’s focus on guarding Mingyu first and also that Wonwoo guy. He looks like he’s pretty good too,”

They finally settled their playing arrangements and gathered in a circle shouting their chant (the words ‘bangtan bangtan bang bangtan’ echoed through the indoor court). Soon the game starts, the rest of the boys went to the court and Jungkook with Seokjin sits back at the bench.

“Hyung, why do you call us with nicknames when you’re spreading strategy?”

The older boy just shrugged, “It’s cooler that way. Ah, Mr. Bang is here!”

Both of them stood up when they see their temporary coach is here, greeting him abruptly and saying their thanks of his readiness as a coach. They soon heard the bell rang and they went to their seat respectively as the game is starting.

“I think I said this a lot,” Jungkook says as he keep his eyes watching the game, “but Jimin-hyung is really good despite his height,”

“He’s the most passionate after Yoongi,” Seokjin smiled as he jotted down some things on his board, currently doubling as their manager, “He used to practice all day when the club’s test was open. Originally he went for a small forward position but we switched him to point guard because it fits him the best,”

“Not because he’s short?”

Seokjin grinned as he puts his point finger on his lips, “That one’s a secret,”

Soon time passes and it’s finally break time betwee the two halves. The score was currently fourty to fourty four with Pledis High leading a little, but it ticks of quite of the members.

“That Mingyu guy is trouble,” Yoongi gritted his teeth as he sent glares to the said boy, even though it goes unnoticed, “He keeps guarding me and I didn’t even have time to move!”

“Well he does know you’re still the ace, hyung,” Jimin gulped his drink, “The team has been keeping an eye on you a little too much, honestly,”

“We can use that to our advantage,” Taehyung suddenly said as he was wiping his sweat, “Because they don’t know anything about Jungkook, we can make the focus on Yoongi-hyung,”

“Nice,” Hoseok grinned, “But then we have to put Jungkook on power forward since we’re aiming to surprise them—three-points are really important for it,”

“That’s okay, he’ll switch with me and Taehyung will go in as the center, he’s good at rebounds,” Namjoon says, “We should focus on defense a little more and Jungkook’s scoring chances,”

“It settled then,” Seokjin nodded, “We’re counting on you, Kookie!”

********

It was finally the last quarter of the game and there’s not much left of the time remaining—two minutes sharp.

Their strategy went in smoothly—the boys from Pledis High was definetly surprised with BH High’s new talent, with Jungkook being swift and scoring smoothly out of their hand. They did as how the boys had predicted, the Pledis boys were too focused on guarding Yoongi and forgetting that they have a new member, and also Taehyung’s powerful rebounds slipping from their thought.

Eighty six to eighty four—just a two point difference and the boys could catch up. As soon as the Plesdis boys realize that Jungkook was the Dark Horse that BH High had hidden, they quickly change their members too (a pretty powerful addition named Jun and Seokmin got in) and their defense was no joke.

“,” Yoongi cursed under his breath as Mingyu was still keeping guard of him, “Who can I pass to?”

He struggled to get out of the boy’s cage, dribbling and pivoting his best, but Mingyu was just too tall for him.

“Suga-hyung!”

Soon a voice hollered from h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter