Chapter 21: Bittersweet

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

italics are in English 

*******

“Listen, I know you’re still angry at me,” the taller boy tried to explained, “But you need to hear what I’m going to say,”

“The last time I ing listened to you my brother stopped breathing!”

“Jungkook I swear to god, you’re making this very hard,” Kris groaned and tried to grab the younger’s hand, “I flew from LA to here just to tell you the truth, please at least just hear me out,”

“No!” Jungkook slapped the boy’s hand out, “How do I know that you won’t kill me too just like how you did to Jungwon?!”

“I didn’t kill him!” the foreigner ran his fingers through his hair in frustration, “You’re not the only one who’s at loss!”

“Why would you be at loss when you never been good to him?! You’re just a bad influence to him!” the black-haired boy roared, now grabbing the rest of the students around them’s attention. A scene of a blonde foreigner and the transferee from America was a little frightening, with them shouting at each other in English.

“You didn’t think I know you’re the reason he’s been going out late, right?” Jungkook clenched his teeth at the boy before him, “So off now! I don’t need your explanation!”

“Jeon Jungkook!” suddenly Kris took one of his arm and pulled him harshly, “You’re walking on a really thin ice here, because I do not accept that you still thought of me badly when actually this whole time I’m doing your ing brother a favor!”

“Shut. Up!” the black-haired boy shoved him off, sneering and glaring on him, “Who do you think you are that you can say that you’re doing a favor to him?!”

“That’s why I said you need to listen—,”

“Just stop it! I won’t listen to you!” the younger boy cried in frustration, “ing go away!”

Abruptly Jungkook ran away from him, leaving Kris stunned. The black-haired boy didn’t even stop running when he heard the rest of his friends calling out his name, the most thing right now that he only wanted to be away from the boy.

“Man,” Taehyung said, after the rest of the boys been keeping silent at the scene, “Now what about practice?”

“Don’t worry, I think we all know where did he go,” Namjoon says as he tucks his hand in his pants pocket, “You guys go catch him first. Hoseok, you know what we need to do right?”

A nod was received from the boy as he walked over to Namjoon’s side, glaring at the foreigner who’s still pretty much in a trance of anger and embarrassment.  

“Okay,” Seokjin says as he gestured the boys to move, the turned to his cousin with a cold stare, “Do your job, Namjoon,”

The silver-haired boy nodded as he stared the rest of the boys walked out of the school territory then turning to the blonde foreigner who was currently clenching his fist, feeling flustered and frustrated.

“Dude,” suddenly Namjoon’s voice dropped an octave and shivers start going over Kris’s spines, “I don’t know what’s your problem with Jungkook, but if you try to mess with him, you’re going to mess with us and keep in mind that we don’t play around with our words,”

Kris only clicked his tounge in annoyance at the boy and started to turn his back to walk away, but a hand stopped him from his steps.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Hoseok smiled sickeningly sweet at him, “Don’t forget that you’re trespassing the school’s private grounds and we need to file you some issues,”

The blonde foreigner groaned as his day gets much worser.

Jungkook tried his best to not to sob as he threw the rock to the river.

His knees had hurt that he had to take a break. The boy had accidentally fallen down as he ran, ending up scratching his cap a little too deep that he had to roll up his pants because apparently the blood was staining the cloth. He didn’t really have anything currently to cover it up, so instead he only washed it with some water and leaved it open.

The black-haired boy bit his lip. Of all times when he was just getting much better with his brother’s death (although the reality is he never actually dealt with it and ran away instead), Kris just had to show up and acted like he was a messenger from heaven. The witnesses had told him the whole thing so what did he need to explain more?

“You created quite a scene back there,”

“Huh?” Jungkook looked up as he heard a voice hover over him. Even though the sun was still a little blinding, his eyes were met with a familiar red-head, offering him a piece of band-aid.

“Cover it up,” he says as looked down to him, “It’ll get infected if it got dirty,”

The younger boy reluctantly accepted the offer as he took the band-aid, “Thank you,”

“So the blondie’s your old friend?” Jimin took a seat beside him, earning a scoff from the younger.

“I’d rather die than befriending him,” he sneered at nothing, “Why are you asking?”

“Just because.”

Jungkook sighed as he covered up his scratched knee with the band-aid, then proceeding to cover his face behind his knees, “He’s one of the reason I’m moving here,”

“Besides your brother?”

The black-haired boy looked at him, “I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned it to you..,”

“I’m the council president,” Jimin simply answered.

“Right,” the boy turned away from him, “He’s just a guy that I never wanted to see again after  knowing he’s involved in... his passing,”

“He looks like he’s in regret though,”

He earned another scoff from his statement, “As if that guy could have regrets,”

“You’ll never know,” the red-haired boy threw a rock to the river, following the younger, “The meanest person could be the most regretful person in reality,”

“Are you describing yourself?” Jungkook glanced at him in confusion, “What are you trying to do, sunbaenim?”

The red-haired boy just smiled bitterly as he stood up from his place, “Maybe,”

Before Jungkook could utter another word, suddenly a loud voice was calling his name and he could see the rest of the guys walking towards him. As shot a nod back to them, he turned again to the council president that was just beside him.

But he was no longer there.

“Finally!” Seokjin yelled in relieve “I can f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter