Chapter 11: Of Rivers and Orange Gingers.

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For someone who doesn’t socialize nicely like Yoongi, he’s really doing a good job to Jungkook.

That it baffled Seokjin and Taehyung—when they caught the boy accompanying the younger at lunch.

Jungkook had gone to lunch first while Seokjin was pretty late from his class and Taehyung went to fetch him. He was actually pretty nervous knowing the cafeteria is one of Namjoon’s notable territories, but he still managed to gather all the courage in him and try to search for a table for the three of them.

He could not lie when Yoongi showed up he breathes in relieve—at least, with Yoongi here, Namjoon wouldn’t really try to approach him.

The boy showed up just abruptly, suddenly appearing in front of the younger boy with a box of banana milk in his hand and sitting right in front of him.

“Didn’t take you for a guy who’d gets lunch in the cafeteria,”

“What do you mean, sunbae—I mean, hyung?”

“You’d look like someone who’d bring lunchboxes to school instead of being in line for those ty things,”

“It’s not that bad,” Jungkook frowns at him, “I can’t really cook and my mom doesn’t really have the time to do it,”

“Oh, explains why then,” Yoongi replies as he sipped to his milk. It’s interesting, Yoongi doesn’t really talk even with the boy, but today he was exceptionally talkative.

“Aren’t you eating, hyung?”

“Nah, not hungry,” he says as he threw his empty milk box to the trash can. Suddenly a familiar duo came into his sight in the corner of his eyes, making him stand up from his seat and ruffling the younger boy’s hair, “Well, I gotta go kid. See ya later,”

“Oh? Okay..,”

Just as Yoongi was walking away, the two boys that he had been waiting for showed up, taking the seat in front of him, “What took you so long, hyung?”

“Ah, Mr. Kim just likes to hold me behind,” Seokjin scowled as he remembers the conversation which only consists of Mr. Kim asking love advices from the boy, earning a giggle from Taehyung who was currently there when the conversation happened, “Because of him, I lost the pudding,”

“I saved one for you, hyung,” Jungkook suddenly moved a small cup to the older, “I knew you’ll piss off when you miss it!”

Seokjin grinned and stood up, giving a pat to the younger boy, “You’re the best, Kookie!”

“By the way,” Taehyung suddenly voices out, “What was Suga-sunbaenim­ doing?”

The younger boy just tilted his head, even though Seokjin has purses his lips a little because of the change of the call Taehyung used, “He just talked to me?”

“Are you... close to him, Kookie?”

Jungkook grew quiet before he continued to eat, “I don’t know, maybe?”

“Maybe?”

“I kinda hang out with him sometimes, but that’s just it,”

Taehyung squints his eyes at the statement, “What do you mean hang out?”

“Uhh, umm,” Jungkook contemplates before he answers. He remembers for sure that the first day he had seen him play in the room, the blonde-haired boy told him to keep his mouth shut. But then, Jungkook knows that Taehyung and Seokjin used to be associated with Yoongi, well, according to the basketball club files that he had peeked in.

Maybe he’ll spit out the half of the fact.

“We just played some music together,” he says finally, “Nothing much. Why though?”

Secretly Seokjin and Taehyung knew how Yoongi hates to play music in front of people that he wasn’t close with. Their whole circle knows, it was obvious because every time one of the council asks the boy to play for the school’s festival he would deny and brushed them off, even though Yoongi was beyond talented. And to think that in a matter of months—weeks even—Yoongi can open up that much to let Jungkook play with him is an amazement.

“Well, just asking. It’s just..,” Seokjin gulped, “Rare to see Yoongi hanging out with people,”

“I see,” the younger boy nods nonchalantly as he tidies up his lunch. The other two follows by as the lunch time was going to come to an end.

As they were walking back to their class—a scene of Taehyung rambling about the drama he just watched last night to Jungkook meanwhile the boy just complied and telling him that he shouldn’t be too mad just because the main character’s girlfriend cheats on him—Seokjin was lost in his own thoughts.

With Namjoon seemed to hate him, Yoongi opened up to the boy, the whole council thing with him and here the remaining two hanging out with him...

Could it be Jungkook is the saviour for their mess?

Club week was starting and Jungkook was nervous.

Club week meaning new people to meet, new activities to do, and new classes to get along with.

And Jungkook is a shy stress ball.

He kind of regrets that he chose the Art Club. It wasn’t like that he hates it, no, he loves art with all of his live. He had spent most of his time drawing and to the point that he was pretty good at it, he doesn’t have any reason to hate the subject. But the thought that he knows no one in the club was kind of stressing him out. He had thought maybe he should join the Music Club because Yoongi was there, but he doubts the boy would want to interact with him in a situation which has a lot of other people besides them. And no, Taehyung’s and Seokjin’s side club (their main club was still basketball and they haven’t changed it) wasn’t an option either. Taehyung had unknowingly landed himself in the Math Club saying that he’s a genius on it (which was true but unbelievable knowing how Taehyung is) and the Home Economics Club isn’t really an option to Jungkook because he basically at doing home things like cooking or sewing (Jungkook also found out that most of the dessert in the cafeteria was based on Seokjin’s recipe—which again, making it understandable why the older is obsessed with the puddings because basically he’s a narcissist).

The room was pretty much packed when he enters. Still no one familiar came into his sight, making him move to the very back of the room wanting to just get this over and go home. When he thought that the club couldn’t be so bad, as the first meeting starts he immidiately regrets that he didn’t chose another club.

Park Jimin was the club’s president.

“Hello everybody and welcome to the first day of club week,” the red-haired boy says as he sent a professional smile around the room, making the girls squeal (apparently half of the school thinks that their council president is a hottie), “As you all know, starting from this week you will have weekly club activities until the end of the semester. For us Art Club members, every meeting and activity will hold in Thursdays after school. Make sure you don’t miss them, or your club grade will decrease,”

Jungkook tried to hide from the boy so much, cowering behind the crowd hoping that Jimin wouldn’t see him. But it was too late, the red-haired boy already had spotted him and Jungkook swears that he could see a scowl in the older boy’s face, but yet he kept it hidden because he was in the middle of giving a directions about the club.

“So, we won’t start it just right now, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter