Chapter 12: Between Us

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Park Jimin, I’m not going to do any of this anymore!”

Hoseok threw the rest of the documents to the floor, surprising the red-haired boy in front of him who was still occupied with the files. The stack of papers sprawled out on the floor, making the room much more mess then how it used to before.

They were currently doing some council work before. As club week has just started, there was a lot of files and documents that they need to sort and went through, missing one would be a failure for them. Not to mention that the school was in greed of their students to grab some scholarships to Seoul—they need to work them through too and practically begged for acceptance (even though those were the principal’s work, the man just threw it all to them). There were too much things to do, and Hoseok was just not the guy for it. When Jimin started to ask him for a bunch permits to be signed, he snapped.

He stared at the boy as he recalled the events in house last night—a very unappetizing dinner with his judgmental dad.

*******

“You should try to be more like Jimin,” the man in front of me says as he took a sip of his wine, “Look at him now, he’s acing all of his class,”

“I’m trying—,”

“Well maybe you haven’t tried enough,” he interrupted before the boy could speak more, “Your mom says you’re failing your chemical class,”

“I can explain—,”

“If you have time to explain then you should have more time to—,”

“STOP CUTTING MY WORDS!”

The man was startled with the sudden outburst, the boy standing up from his seat and slamming his fist to the table that it made a sound from the rest of the tableware. Finally snapping from his shock, the man glared at him and voiced out his displeasement.

“Jung Hoseok, sit down!” he roared at the boy, “You do not raise your voice on me!”

“No, I’m sick of you and mom always comparing me to Jimin!” the black-haired boy hollered at the man, “If you liked Jimin that much, why don’t you just disown me and take him?!”

“Hoseok, you’re crossing lines here. I am doing this for your own good!”

“Do I look like I’m doing good from all the expectations from you then?!”

There was silence. The man was baffled at the boy’s statement.

“Thought so,” Hoseok stepped from his seat, moving outside the table, “If you don’t like me being myself that much, you should have picked Jimin from the start,”

*******

“Hyung, what the are you trying to say?” Jimin says as he glared back at the boy, “You’re the one who agreed that we should get through this together!”

“When I say that I expected you to change them, not becoming like them!” he says as he took his jacket from the seat, “You know you’re much more liked by them yet you didn’t try to do anything to make things better!”

“Well what the am I supposed to do, hyung?! Even though they liked me they’ll still have my head on the silver plate if I ed up!” the red-haired boy finally hollered back, “And where are you going?!”

“I’m going to tell Jeon Jungkook everything.”

Jimin’s eyes widen, “You wouldn’t dare—,”

“Watch me,” Hoseok says as he made himself out of the room, “And see what your parents could say about the basketball club reviving,”

“JUNG HOSEOK—,”

A slam from the door cuts down his words.

Namjoon is beyond pissed.

Seokjin has been rejecting his visits since that day—and he doesn’t even bother to acknowledge him at school. The older boy has been sticking around with Taehyung and the current target of his hatred too much. He could see why Taehyung can easily gets close with him again (what can he say, Seokjin practically doted on the boy more than him his own cousin itself since Taehyung is the youngest of them all and the oldest has a soft spot for people who has those kind of family background) but Jeon Jungkook—Namjoon never understands why from all of people it has to be him who get flocked into the mess. An outsider that has just to meddle with his business.

He glared at the boy secretly on how he got his old friends wrapped in his fingers. Seokjin, Taehyung, Hoseok, and even Yoongi—he wouldn’t be surprised if suddenly he turned into Jimin’s best friend and somehow landed a place in the council. Hell, he wouldn’t be surprised too if he’d tricked the rest of the guys into the council.

As he was cleaning the bathroom (still because of his punishments) right in the lunch period, he saw someone zoomed through the halls as if someone was out to kill him. He took a peek out of the room to see the boy who had ran through. His black hair was currently swishing as he flashed through the crowd, saying sorry when he accidently hit someone.

The silver-haired boy had one of his eyebrows perked up, “Jung Hoseok?”

What is the vice who used to lock himself inside the council room doing hurrily in lunch?

“And you know, Tae started to—,”

“Jeon Jungkook!”

Jungkook was currently conversing with the two boys in front of him while eating his lunch, just like how it usually does daily. But when suddenly a familiar voice shrieked out his name Seokjin was startled and Taehyung’s expression changes, a glare and a scowl was shown on his face. Confused on what’s happening, the youngest of the two turned his back to see the source of the voice, only to find Jung Hoseok panting while moving closer to him.

“Can.. can I talk to you for a second?”

Before Jungkook can answer the boy, Taehyung had already voiced his thoughts, “No.”

“Please, Taehyung-ah, I just need to borrow him for a while it’s really important,”

“What could be so important that you’d have to talk to him alone?” Taehyung sent a death glare to the boy, “Who knows you’ll be brainwashing Jungkook into the council?”

“Tae,” Seokjin softly said, “Don’t be like that,”

“You saw how Jimin tricks him, hyung,” the boy replied as he growled to Hoseok, “He could have taught him those tricks to deceive Jungkook!”

“It doesn’t have anything to do with the council!” Hoseok groaned, the boy who’s currently still glaring at him is being hard, “I really need to say this to him!”

“What are you trying to hide, Hoseok-ah?” Even now Seokjin has questioned him.

“I’m not hiding anything, it’s just something important—,”

“If it’s important to him it’s important to us too,” suddenly Yoongi showed up, elbow on the side of the table propping up his chin, glaring daggers into the current vice president who’s basically exhausted with the boys and earning a startled look from Seokjin (and a hidden smirk from Taehyung), “Why can’t you just say it here?”

Hoseok stared at the crowd. There was three different boys staring at him waiting for him to say something and a confused black-haired freshman who had thrown a look to the boys and him back and forth, absolutely having no idea about what happened. He then finally sighed and slumped to the chair beside Jungkook.

“Fine then, I’ll say it here,” the vice president glared at the three boys, “I’m going to tell him about us,”

There was a shock of horror look in Taehyung’s face, Seokjin had his eyes widen and Yoongi slammed the table, “What the are you trying to do?!”

“He deserves to know why he can’t play basketball in this damned school,” Hoseok says firmly, then he looked to the black-haired boy, “I wanted you to know,”

“He doesn’t need to be involved with this!” Taehyung suddenly yelled out, “It’s been hard enough that Namjoon-sunbaenim keeps an eye on him and you tried to get him into more of this hell?!”

“He has been involved since the day Yoongi stopped Namjoon from hitting him,” the boy kept his stance, “It’s just right that we tell him what his happening after he fixed almost all of us,”

Both Yoongi and Taehyung grew silent, while Seokjin pursed his lips. They knew Hoseok was right—if it wasn’t for Jungkook, Yoongi might have still locked himself in the music club room, Taehyung would be left alone as an outcast and Seokjin wouldn’t even have the chance to get to his old friends. Hell Hoseok wouldn’t even have the guts to finally fight Jimin’s hard mind.

If Jungkook never tried to get close to them, they would probably still in pieces for years.

Suddenly Seokjin leaned forward, cupping Jungkook’s hands in his as he slowly asked the boy, “Do you want to know?”

Jungkook gulped, “I- If you don’t want to tell me it’s okay with me, hyung,”

Hoseok threw a knowing glance to the rest of the boys, “He doesn’t even pushed to ask,”

“Then it’s okay. We’ll tell you then,” the older threw a calming smile to the younger, “Besides, you must be confused to be always involved in our fights. You more than deserve to know,”

The black-haired boy threw glances to the boys as Seokjin finally pulled down back to his seat. Yoongi had a pained expression

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter