Chapter 8: Return

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was still fairly morning when Namjoon approached them again.

“So, now you two are back together huh?” he snickered as Taehyung moved slightly to cover Jungkook, “The pathetic duo.”

Taehyung glared at the boy, “What do you want Namjoon-sunbaenim?”

“Oh, so now you call me that,” he smirked, “Finally that small brain of yours can understand respect, huh?"

“I’ll never respect you,” this time Taehyung smirked back, “I’m just feeding your ego,"

Suddenly Namjoon grabbed the younger boy’s collar, almost shoving him into the wall, “You think you’ve grown brave, huh, ? That’s really cute because even you have this pet here, you’re still a nobody.” He snickered again as he hears Jungkook’s gasp, “Once a nobody, always a nobody,”

“Stop it, Namjoon-sunbaenim!” Jungkook yelled, “Why are you doing this?!”

“Shut up, ,” the older boy glared to him, “If you’re not blind yesterday this has the guts to punch me! Now keep your mouth close or I’ll continue our business yesterday.”

“You deserves the punch!” the younger boy tried to pried off Namjoon’s hand from Taehyung who’s now currently struggling to breath, “You bullied him a lot, you call him names, do you really expect that he wouldn’t give it back to you?!”

“This ing —“

“Kookie, watch out!”

As Namjoon’s hand raised in the air going to slap the younger boy’s cheek, suddenly a tall figure appeared in front of him, raising his hands in a protective stance. A shock was shown on the three boy’s expression as they see the person interfering.

“H-hyung...,”

“Seokjin-hyung?”

“Kim Namjoon, what are you doing to Taetae?! Release him now!”

The boy quickly released his grip on the younger boy’s collar, scared of the person in front of him. Taehyung dropped to the ground, wheezed for air while Seokjin and Jungkook hurriedly approached him.

“Oh, Taetae, are you okay, dear?”

“H-hyung... You’re,” tears were swelling in Taehyung’s eyes, “You’re here...”

Jungkook almost wanted to slap his head. This is the day that Seokjin comes to school and he has just to forget it, meeting Namjoon foremost. He shouldn’t have wondered why the older boy has showned up out of nowhere—he must have been searching for him.

“Kim Namjoon, I want an explanation on this!”

The boy didn’t said anything, instead he took a step back and runs away like his life was on the edge. Seokjin almost fumed in anger but sighed instead, and turned to the two boys behind him.

“Did he do anything to you, Kookie?”

Jungkook shook his head, “No, but Tae...,”

“No, don’t worry, I’m okay now,” the taller boy smiled while he wipes his tears, “Hyung I can’t believe you’re here now!”

Seokjin smiled at the boy and ruffled his smile, “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. I only told Kookie but I forgot he didn’t know you’re my friend,”

Just as stood up, the bell rang and Seokjin groanes, “Just when I wanted to talk to you guys. I’ll see you later then, can’t afford to be late for the first day of school.”

Both of the younger boys nod, “Yeah, we’ll see you later hyung.”

The older of the two smiled and just as he was going to run to the class, Jungkook shouted.

“Hyung, be careful!”

“I will!”

Break time comes quickly as Jungkook and Taehyung rushes out from the class—both doesn’t have their lunch and pretty much craving something much more than just a usual curry bun that they decided their going to get the cafeteria’s lunch this time. And just because the cafeteria is usually swarming with Namjoon and his goons, the two boys just had to get their lunch before they arrive so they can eat in peace.

“Ah, I really hate broccolis,” Taehyung groaned as he stare at his portion of greens, “I wish I could change it for puddings,”

“Hey, they’re pretty good for you, you know,” the shorter boy replied as he took a seat in front of the boy, “But yeah, I wanted pudding too if I can,”

As they started eating their lunch the cafeteria began to fill in with students, not excluding Namjoon and his gang. Jungkook and Taehyung quickly looked down to their food, pretending that they didn’t know the boy was there.

Jungkook can see from the corner of his eyes that the silver-haired boy has found a seat with his friends, apparently only three tables away in distance. Silently cursing that he decided to sit there, he prayed to the gods that he didn’t see them both.

Luck was just on their side. As Namjoon seen them appearing on his field of sight, he almost stood up from his seat to approach them but then—

“Seokjin-hyung?”

His older cousin just had to be faster.

“Hi, Tae, Kookie!” the older boy beamed a smile to the younger as he took a seat beside Taehyung, “How are your classes?”

“They’re... fine,” Taehyung said as he look at the other boy in disbelief, “Hyung, what are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be with Namjoon-h—sunbaenim?”

“I don’t like Namjoon’s new friends. It’s much nicer here with you guys,” Seokjin shook his head as he scooped his lunch, suddenly pointed at Taehyung’s broccoli bowl, “Tae.”

“Hyung, you know I don’t like it!”

“You never eat your greens, Taehyung!” the older picked up the broccolis from the youngers bowl with his chopstick and forced them to Taehyung’s mouth, “That’s why you get sick easily!”

“N-no, stop it hyung!”

“Tae.”

Jungkook almost laughed at the scene enacted in front of him but Taehyung keep glaring at him but he went back to Seokjin as he states his dislike to the object, making Jungkook wanted to laugh more. It was just too funny to see Taehyung finally being literally choked by Seokjin with broccolis.

“See, it wasn’t that bad!” Seokjin smiled as the greens has passed Taehyung’s mouth, “Yet you act like its the end of the world,”

“I’m going to die it tasted so bad...,”

As Jungkook was going to give the boy some water, he realized that both of them ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter