Chapter 17: Come Back

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was still wondering why the boy next to him suddenly appeared out of nowhere asking for a talk.

He kinda regretted only dressing in a short-sleeved tshirt and a pair of sweatpants—it was fall already and the wind wad practically freezing. He didn’t expect for Namjoon to invite him in a walk at the riverbank, but the boy was literally begging for them to talk outside and somehow Jungkook can’t reject him even though the boy before him had just beaten him up to death a few days ago.

“Aren’t you cold?”

The black-haired boy buried his hands in his pocket, “No,”

“Okay then,”

They kept walking in silence without anyone trying to start the conversation first. Jungkook has never seen the older boy all silent and gloomy like this (it was obvious because all that Namjoon had showed him was only his stoic, arrogant personality). It kind of make him feel a little sad too.

Suddenly the boy stopped walking and turned to him, bowing 90 degrees that which made Jungkook feel embarrased, “I’m sorry!”

“H-huh?! What?”

“I’m sorry,” he repeats as he straighten up, “I’m sorry for all the things that I did to you,”

The sudden confession had made the younger boy stunned, not knowing what to do. Yes, Namjoon did a lot of bad things to him but he never had expected the deliquent to come show up on him and suddenly apologized for all his actions.

Seeing the black-haired boy just keeping his silent stance at him, Namjoon continued, “It was wrong for me to be like this,”

Jungkook secretly nodded, “It is,”

“It’s just... Seokjin-hyung is the only family left that I have. I’m sure you already know what happened about the whole basketball club fiasco, and when it happens.. I just loose control,” he sighed, “And you were right—I acted tough so no one can hurt me anymore. So no one would hurt Seokjin-hyung anymore. I let myself be blinded by my anger,”

“I never really meant to hurt people. When you came and hyung shows his closeness to you I just felt jealous, like really jealous. I was so afraid that you would end up as a someone like Jimin—I really don’t want to see him hurt anymore,” Namjoon squatted from his place as he covered his face with his hands, “I’m really sorry, Jungkook, I really am—,”

“It’s okay,”

“I wasn’t really thinking straight this whole time, I—wait what did you just say?”

“I said it’s okay,” Jungkook followed the boy as he squatted down in front of him, “We can’t really control ourselves sometimes anyway,”

“...Do you really mean it?”

“Huh?”

“You’re really just gonna forgive me like that? After all things that I did?”

The younger boy shrugged, “Why not?”

“Wow, Jeon Jungkook,” Namjoon gaped at him, “Are you sure you’re not an angel?”

“The only angel that really exists is your brother, Namjoon-sunbaenim,”

“You’re right, he is the real angel,” the silver-haired boy chuckled then pointed at him, “You should really cover up yourself more, I can see you’re freezing there,”

“Well I didn’t expect you to take me outside!”

“Here,” Namjoon took off his hoodie, “Just use it,”

“Your size and mine has a really far difference, sunbaenim..,”

“That’s just made it much better, more clothing for you,”

“But aren’t you cold too?” Jungkook asked as he puts on the older boy’s hoodie. The silver-haired boy shook his head.

“Nah, Seokjin-hyung is obsessed with warm clothes so my under sweater would be fine, “ he says as he stood up, “Besides, I’d do anything to make things up for you,”

The black-haired boy frowned, “You don’t need to do that!”

“I wanted too,” he beamed a grin to him, but it quickly faltered and exchanged with a deep sigh, “I need to apologize to the others too,”

“I don’t think you should worry about that,” the younger says as he stood up also, dusting off his clothes, “I’m sure if you just explain and do the same on what you did to me to them, they’ll forgive you,”

“I don’t know,” he purses his lips, “I did and said pretty harsh things to them, mostly Taehyung and Yoo—Suga-sunbaenim too,”

“Don’t call him that,” Jungkook pouted, “He’ll definetely hit you if he heard you call him with that name!”

Namjoon laughed, making the younger stare at him in confusement, “You really are a something, Jeon Jungkook,”

“Why does everyone keep saying that?” the black-haired boy grumbled as he kicked on the fallen leaves around him, “I mean it’s not like they said it too me directly but I keep hearing that from the others!”

“Our bunch wasn’t really your usual easy-to approach guys,” he answers as he tried not to laugh at the boy, “Well, except Seokjin-hyung, of course—but you managed to pretty much break our walls. Most of us,”  

“Most of you?” Jungkook slides down and lied on the ground, Namjoon joining him.

“Jimin probably needed more time than all of us,” he replied as he looked up, “He’s still blinded with his own way,”

“But I’m nowhere near special,” the younger boy whispered. Namjoon smiled at him as he reached out his hands to ruffle the boy’s hair, but Jungkook’s reflex was too obvious.

“Ah, sorry, I guess I hit you too much,” the silver-haired boy bitterly smiled apologitecally, “But, you are. You’ll realize it soon, Jungkook,”

“I still don’t think so,” the younger stood up as he frowned. The world special was not a something that he haven’t heard people use to describe him, but it brings back memories as how Namjoon said it reminds him too much of his brother. Jeon Jungwon, who has always praised him in front of his friends.

Who has always said to him that he was a really special person.

“I heard you’ve been locking yourself since... Su, ah, Yoongi-sunbaenim’s tragedy. It must have hurt you a lot,” he says as he followed Jungkook’s action, “But aren’t you hungry?”

“No,” Jungkook stubbornly say but the rumbling sound that came from his stomach contradicts his statement, earning a laughter from the older boy and a tint of pink coloring the black-haired boy’s face.

“Come on, let’s get to eat something,” Namjoon patted his back softly, still a little afraid that he might scare the younger boy, “We should eat Seokjin-hyung’s favorite fried chicken. I’m sure you had tried it before,”

“How do you know?”

“Seokjin-hyung does like to eat, but he doesn’t eats alone,” the taller boy replied as he walked leading the way, “You’re a frequent visitor of him,”

“Yeah, you’re right,” Jungkook grinned, earing a smile from the older boy. “We should play basketbal after this too, you’re good at it right?”

The black-haired boy tilted his head, “Yeah, but are you okay with that?”

The older boy chuckled, “If you’re going to bring back the basketball club, I gotta verify your skills first!”

Namjoon was a really great guy to be around that Jungkook had never imagined him and his own self chatting together about basketball and surprisingly music with him in a chicken stall. With his mean demanour and his deliquency at school, he never thought that the older boy clicked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter