Chapter 7: Bleak but Hopeful.

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“With ice cream?”

“Chocolate.”

“One Chocolate and One Strawberry then.”

Jungkook and Taehyung eventually went walking around the town, playing around and taking off their blazer—so the police wouldn’t caught them running from class. Right now, they’re currently settled down in a crepes stand, ordering the sweets despite the weather was still too cold (Taehyung told him that it was actually much better to eat something in the same temperature with the temperature rather than the opposite).

“Here’s yours,” Jungkook took the cone-shaped dessert from the taller boy’s hand, “You really like chocolate a lot, Jungkook,”

“If I don’t like them then my name is not Jungkook,” Taehyung laughed at the statement, “It goes same to you with strawberries though,”

“Yeah, strawberries are like, my life!” He grinned as he scooped the ice cream topping as they take a seat on the bench close to the stand, “Well, I guess I should be talking now,”

“It’s okay if you don’t want to,” Jungkook says as he bites his crepe.

“No, it’s okay. I wanted to,” Taehyung smiled to him, “I wanted you to know,”

The slightly shorter boy smiled, gesturing for the boy to go on.

“Let’s see... It kind of started since elementary school, I think. I wasn’t... really that fond of people and as you can see,” he chuckled a little before continuing, “I’m pretty weird, personality wise. That time also, my family doesn’t really get along together. They just usually left me alone for a lot of time at home that people thought they left me and I lived alone. So back then people use to bully me, saying things like I’m cursed that’s why my family doesn’t stick around and this town just had to be that small guys our age probably practically knows my problem.”

Taehyung’s ice cream has beginning to melt as he realized some of them are dripping to his hands, but Jungkook swiftly gave him a tissue and gave him a smile, “Continue,”

“But middle school was different,” the taller boy smiled at the memory, “At that time, basketball was the only thing that I found myself happy with so I spend tme playing it a lot. On the last year of my middle school, Yoongi—Suga-sunbaenim found me playing and when he found out I was in the middle school that BH High was associated with he was like, forcing me to join the team. I rejected it at first... but he kept coming back and like literally begging me to join. I was afraid, Jungkook, what if they’ll see me how other’s did? What if they think I wasn’t good enough?”

The taller boy took a big spoonful of his ice cream, biting off a piece of the crepe too, “But it turns out they’re really nice—like, really, really nice. They don’t trash on my personality, they treat me just like a normal person and I feel like I finally have a family. They stood up for me when the bullies got close, they always include me on everything, it was almost too good to happen,”

Suddenly a frown came up to his face, “Ah well, good things doesn’t really last long.”

“Did... something happen?”

Taehyung smiled bitterly, “We.. ed up. Our bunch doesn’t really have a great background surrounding them... and there’s this one time in the middle of a competition... One of our members broke their leg because our opponents are pretty violent. Because of that... he resigned himself from the club and took another of our member...,”

Jungkook noticed Taehyung’s fist began to clench as he trailed off.

“...and ing betrayed us to the council.”

“The council?”

“We have great achievement on the club, but honestly the council doesn’t like us too much—the school doesn’t have an official basket field so we have to borrow places from time to time and requires the council’s permission. They thought we were annoying and wasting time, that we should have been studying instead of playing.”

“That’s really strange, why do they in so much?”

The taller boy shook his head, “I don’t know. But I know that they hate us with a passion and was finally glad when we stopped.”

As he took the last bite from his crepe, he threw the paper trash to the bin before continuing, “And because of that, we we’re short on members. There wasn’t a lot of freshman joining us—I think they’ve gotten bored of the sport—but we still keep practicing. It was too tense around us that we become so hard of each other, we didn’t realize we were breaking ourself. It took another member to collapse and we finally broke up. We turned strangers, completely different person,”

Taehyung turned to the boy beside him, giving him a bitter smile, “And I’m back to my old pathetic self.”

The black-haired boy rubbed his back, “You’re not pathetic.”

“I am, Jungkook. But I wanted to stop it,” he suddenly broke into a grin, “That’s why I’m telling you this. I’m going to be truthful—I thought Namjoon-sunbaenim was bullying you because you’re friends with me. I was afraid that my presence is going to hurt you more so I avoided you. I realized I was wrong. I’m sorry for running away from you, Jungkook,”

“It’s okay, Taehyung. Don’t say sorry. You had it hard, it’s normal that you’ll think like that.” The said name shook is head, “And don’t say you’re pathetic anymore, okay? Because you’re not. You’re a good friend.”

The brown haired boy smiled at him, while cursing Hoseok for being right. Jungkook was too nice and sincere, he wouldn’t think like how everybody else thought about him, “Thank you, Jungkook.” He almost forced himself so he wouldn’t broke into tears, “Thank you,”

Jungkook smiled back at him and he found an arcade in the corner of his eyes, suddenly an idea came up to him.

“Hey, Tae—Uhh, can I call you that?”

“Sure, why not? What is it?”

“How about we have some fun for our self?”

When they got back at school—exhausted but happy—the sun was going to set down. They had so much fun spending time by th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter