Chapter 3: Away

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook noticed that Taehyung was avoiding him.

Sinc that day he left Jungkook alone in the nurse’s office, the taller boy was avoiding any conversation or interaction with him. Everytime he asked Taehyung to go home together with him, he would retort things like ‘still had some business to do’ or ‘gotta go home quick today’ and other kind of reasons to not to go home with him.

At first Jungkook thought he really had something to do and as a friend he should understand that, but it’s getting too obvious that Taehyung always disappeared at breaktimes leaving Jungkook alone. And Jungkook was never good with being alone, he was too used with his brother always being there for him—not to mention that Namjoon and his gang kept threwing him glares and glances that could probably kill him someday.

The only thing that made him kept going to school sanely was probably how a certain blonde didn’t comment much (well, if he slamming the door and scoffing at him doesn’t count as a comment) when he keep returning to the music club’s room, sometimes standing and sitting, leaning to the outer walls as he listened to the boy do his thing peacefully. Sometimes it would be pianos sometimes it would be guitars—and surprisingly rapping to it when he didn’t realize Jungkook was out there.

He know he isn’t actually welcomed, but at least he wasn’t kicked out.

Yoongi kicks him self out as soon as he realize Jungkook was there before the younger even got time to flee, though.

As he finished his math papers, Jungkook stood right up from his seat, not even wondering when and where did Taehyung go as he ran straight to the music club. He finished pretty late, and the time was 4 in the afternoon already. Yoongi usually starts between half past 3, but he’s still worried that he missed his private concert.

His worries was right, though—Yoongi has just finished and was locking the door, looking a little less tense than he usually is.

Probably because Jungkook wasn’t tthere and he finally got the time to himself.

The blonde boy soon spotted the younger boy in the other end of the hall and started frowning. He thought the boy was finally tired of stalking but in the end he was just late. He quicky threw the music club’s room keys into his pockets and walked away, passing Jungkook and gave him a glare. The other boy just sulked, biting his lower lip in between disappointment and fear.

It wasn’t really a lucky day for Jeon Jungkook.

“Why are you avoiding him?”

Taehyung had ran out of the school as soon the home bell rang, leaving Jungkook again by himself and went to his usual loning spot, the town’s bridge that go over a big river. He felt really guilty about the day before when Namjoon approached them. He knows that its Jungkook who got himself in trouble, but as soon as he realize that Namjoon did’t do anything when he’s alone, he knows that it was him who was the problem. Namjoon picks Jungkook more because he was friends with him. He thought that befriending Jungkook would probably made him much better—but in the end, he was still a nuisance and he will still be.

So he strays away from him.

So Namjoon wouldn’t bother Jungkook again.

So he wouldn’t cause anyone danger anymore.

“I’m not avoiding anyone,”

“If you think Namjoon pick on him because he’s your friend you might want to think twice,” the older boy walked closer, “He’s still sending Jungkook glares and threats.”

Taehyung’s eyes widen at the statement, but kept his cold act, “I didn’t think like that,”

“Just listen, Tae,” the younger boy stiffened at the nickname, “You should stop pushing away people. He’s nice enough that he didn’t bother that you’re currently the talk of the students right now. You should give him a chance,”

“Stop it, Hoseok-sunbaenim,” the other boy purses his lips as Taehyung presses on the addition on his name, “Stop saying things like you care.”

The younger boy whipped his head to him, glaring at Hoseok hatefully, “The only thing you care is how your and Jimin-sunbaenim’s family sees you,”

“I don’t—,”

“And besides,” Taehyung didn’t gave him the chance to retort, “Things wouldn’t like this if you didn’t go with him.”

Hoseok grew silent.

“We would still be okay. The five of us would work out too,” the younger boy glared at him hard, biting his lower lip as he tried to stop his tears from flowing out from the memory, “Yoo—Suga-hyung wouldn’t blame himself,”

The older boy clenches his fist, staying silent as he stared on his feet. As Taehyung started to walk away he finally retorts, “You still don’t have a good reason to avoid him,”

This time, it’s Taehyung who grew silent. He knows that he is right, but the guilt still lingers in his heart.

“Even if all of us can’t go back together again, don’t let yourself be alone, Taehyung. You know you don’t like it,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter