Chapter 5: Similar but Not Him.

The Most Beautiful Moment in Y(our) Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You have one new message.

Taehyung groaned as he heard the sound. His phone just had to sound loudly in the middle of night, just when he thought he can fill in his lack of sleep for the past days. Since he shutted himself off from the people around them, he hadn’t really got enough of sleep. His mind was always keeping himself up, the rumors and the voices kept him awake. He wasn’t really that bothered with it actually—things has been worse, but still it tire him.

He lazily sat up from his position, taking the phone and seeing the notification. Frowning when he realizes it was a kakaotalk chat from his sister, he abruptly opened it in frustration.

‘How are you Taehyung-ah? Why didn’t you pick up your phone? I hope you’re okay.’

Not bothering to reply, he almost throw back his phone to the table, but he suddenly stopped as he saw his own display picture.

A selca of him with Jungkook, both smiling and helding up the peace sign.

Jungkook’s display picture wasn’t that different, it’s also a selca with him just with a different pose.

Taehyung cherished Jungkook, yes. Probably because he’s new to the school, but he befriends Taehyung without asking much—he doesn’t mind him being weird, he doesn’t mind him being too smart or anything, he doesn’t even asks him about the rumors he knows he heard  since the first day he entered. He even promised him that he’ll always be there for him, but here he is, avoiding the boy even though Jungkook was still nice to kept approaching him.

Hoseok’s words surfaced again in his mind. He knows it is right. He had not reason to keep avoiding him.

But what if Jungkook starts to question him? What if he heard about his past and what happened and then he decided that he doesn’t want to be friends with him?

“He won’t think that you’re a nuisance,”

Gripping tightly on his phone, he locked it and threw it to the table. He took back his blanket, curling inside it and covering himself.

The memory of Jungkook being bullied by Namjoon suddenly flashed by his eyes. How he knows it must have hurt a lot, how he knows it must be depressing to be bullied and alone like that...

“Why did you move here, Jungkook?”

“Something kind of happened back home..,” the boy in front of him pursed his lips, “and one of our family member... kind of went away,”

“Ah, I’m sorry for asking. It must have hurt right?”

“Yeah,” suddenly he smiled, “But that’s okay. I’m not alone anyway now! I have you as a friend, Taehyung! I wont be hurt anymore in time!”

How Jungkook has trusted him to be friends.

He gulped and glared at the ceiling before he jerks up awake and took his phone.

He decided that he’ll stop running away now.

He won’t let Jungkook feel how he had feel back then.

He won’t let himself or Jungkook alone anymore.

‘Hey, Jungkook. Can we meet today after school? I have something to tell you.’

It was afternoon when Jungkook woke up.

His head was still a little hurting, but it’s not bad as he last felt it. He realized he was in his room and not on the asphalt that he has fallen on. That means someone has saved him, but as he struggled to remember the person, nothing came up on his mind.

As he felt his stomach rumbling, he stood up from his bed and went outside in hope of finding something to eat. He saw the house was empty—no wonder, it was half past three in the afternoon already. His mother must have already long gone to work, but he was relieved when he found some dishes wrapped in plastic wrappings and a note sticked close to it.

‘Jungkook-ah, eat as soon as you wake up okay? Don’t forget to drink your medicine after it, it’s in the usual drawer. I’ll be home early today, stay safe<3’

He smiled a little as he saw the heart icon in the end of the note. Her mother always knows how to cheer him up.

Reaching a spoon from a drawer, he suddenly heard a ringing sound from the front door. Someone is on the door and he wondered who is it. It can’t be his mom, the earliest time that she can go home is around seven and its still very far from it.

Reluctantly walking to the door, he carefully unlocked the lock and opened it.

He was quite amazed to found a familiar blonde-boy in front of it.

The memory of yesterday’s event began to burst in back in his mind—how he let himslef drenched, the collapse and also how Yoongi suddenly found him...

Without saying anything, Yoongi suddenly shoved a paper bag to him. Jungkook stared at him in confusion, slowly peeking his eyes to see the contents and his eyes was greeted with a pair of clothes—his clothes?

Feeling finished what he has to do, the blonde boy truned and walked away, just to be stopped by a voice.

“S-Suga-sunbaenim! Wait!” Jungkook reached out his hand, only to be responded by a side glance by Yoongi, “U-uh, I- um, Thank you so much for yesterday...,”

The blonde boy rolled his eyes before continuing walking away, “Whatever,”

Jungkook startled when the older boy really walked away, he felt like he should say more things to him but he didn’t know what. He kept stutter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter