Sungyeol's past

You are the  of my eye
"All right spit it all out." Sunggyu ordered. 

Sungyeol took a deep breath. "Remember I said that my father abandoned me after my mother died?" Everyone nodded. "Well he left a huge debt."

"So they've been hunting you?" Hoya asked. Sungyeol just closed his eyes. 

"But that's not your debt. That's not fair." you frowned. L pulled you onto his lap and breathed into your hair. "Baby, nothing's fair in this world." 

Your shoulders sighed in defeat. "How much did your father owe?" Woohyun came from the kitchen and passed you a bottle of water. 

"I don't even want to think about it. It's too much." Sungyeol lowered his head. 

"We'll figure it out. Somehow." Leader Gyu assured. You got off L's lap and embraced the choding. "Don't worry, Sungyeol Oppa." 

Sungyeol squeezed your slim waist waist and held on for a few seconds. *Wait for it. One, two, three.* 

"Yah. You're holding onto my girl for too long." L chided. *Bingo.* Sungyeol let you go and gave you a small smile. 

You on the other hand, beamed at him. But that smile disappeared when you phone rang and you caught a glimpse of the caller Id. *shoot.* You waved your hands in the air frantically and Infinite stared at you as though you were crazy. 

"It's Gunwoo Oppa!" Infinite slightly stiffened at the mention of their rival but kept calm. They whisked themselves and you went into the room to take the call. 

"Hello?" 

"~~~~~~, Where are you? We're at the library but the guys can't find you." Your heart pounded against your ribcage and you thought it was gonna come out any time.

"~~~~~~? Sweetie can you hear me?" Gunwoo sounded anxious. 

"N-ne," You stuttered. "I just got hungry so I roamed around and stopped by a street stall." 

"Oh, mian. We got carried away with some business earlier and forgot about you. Where's the street stall?" Your stomach flipped. Then, you did the thing you despised the most again. Which was to, lie. "I don't know. There're no signboards here. Oppas go home first. I'm almost done, and I'll take a cab home straight. Okay?" 

"Okay." You were about to end the call when Gunwoo spoke again. "Be safe," 

You dropped the phone onto the bed and buried your head into the pillows. L entered and saw you depressed. "Baby what's wrong? Did they scold you?" 

"No. I wish they would." You sat up. "Oppa, I hate lying to them." 

L took your hand and interlaced his with yours. "I know, baby. I know. But it's for the best right?" you knew what L said was right. "I need to go. Can you bring me home?" 

"Sure." L kissed the back of your hand and stood up. "I'll go get my keys." 

After L left the room, you put your hand across your chest. *It's all for the best.*