The Way To Happiness

The Way To Happiness

 

The clock on the night-stand table ring with continues loud 'Beeps'. A large, manly hand reaches out for it, stirring awake from his precious sleep. Pressing the snooze button, he allow himself to roll over, burry his face into one of the white, fluffy pillows, and went back to sleep once again.

 

But it seems like luck wasn't on his side today as a knock came from the door, and soon followed by the sound of the door being open.

 

"Young master, it's time to get up!"

 

The warm and thick blanket was thrown away revealing an irritated Aaron.

 

“Young master”

 

“Alright! Alright! I’m up!”

 

~~~

 

“Good-morning sir”

 

The employees greeted as they pass by, Aaron simply return back with a slight nod.

 

He softly sighed as he settled down in his office. Eyeing the pile of paper works, he rubs his side temples and begins his work.

 

~~~

 

 

“Hey, bro! Wanna join us for lunch today?” Calvin cheerful voice broke the intense office atmosphere.

 

Aaron looks up from his piles of work and force out a small smile.

 

“Sure!”

 

 

“Busy work, eh?” Jiro leans back on his chair after handing the waitress back the menu.

 

The younger could only tiredly nod his head in reply.

 

“Hey! Listen, I’ve met this girl this weekend, she’s-“

 

“I’m not interested”

 

Disappointment washes over Calvin’s ‘sunshine’ features as he gives Aaron a disapproved look. Not cool.

 

“Come on man, it’s been two years. You couldn’t possibly still believe that she’ll come back to you..”

 

Jiro couldn’t keep his mouth shut anymore. Aaron is one of his closest buddies and seeing how he’s been drowning himself into work after graduating from college, it hurt him. It hurt him to see one of his closest friends suffer. Even if Aaron hasn’t shown anything sign of suffering, he knows him too well.

 

It has been two whole years since the incident of Even, or shall he say Gui Gui leaving. It has been hard on Aaron, especially after realizing that he has feelings for Even to find out the real truth that, Even the one that had been trying to help him getting over his first love was actually, in fact, his first love.

 

 

“I’m not hoping she’ll come back to me, Jiro. It’s just that…I’ve been busy with work lately that I don’t have any time for a relationship right now.” Aaron argued.

 

“We all know that’s a lie, Aaron. Don’t tell me you can’t find a day off out of all the days in two years,” Jiro raised his eye-brows, taking a bite out of his steak.

 

Aaron didn’t respond. He of all people knows that Jiro was right. He has been trying to run away from the fact that Even was actually Gui Gui and that she had come back to him two years ago. But when he finally find out the truth, it was already too late, she was already gone….once again.

 

After the guys finished their lunch, Wu Chun said he’ll be going to the gym to kill off the calories that he ate. As for Calvin and Jiro, they decided headed out to the club ‘to release their stresses’ as they put it, but in reality, they all know what’s they’re up to.  Hot girls are their targets.

 

But Aaron wants nothing to do with it, or not interested would be the real reason.

 

Walking back to his office, Aaron watch as couples after couples passes by happily holding each other’s hands. A regretful smile form in the corner of his lips as memories of GuiGui and himself washes over him.

 

It wasn’t until he spotted a familiar figure that caught his attention, pulling the loneliness of his poor soul back to earth.

 

Aaron froze in his place, unable to utter a word. He stares at the familiar figure walking across the street holding a grocery bag in hand.