The Way To Happiness

The Way To Happiness

I stepped out of the car as I slowly approach Aaron lazily leaning against the front of his car, hands shoved inside his pocket, looking as hot as ever. I shiver a bit as a cool breeze went by and kiss my cheeks, causing my hair to blow in every direction.

 

I don't know how we ended up on top of a hill, surrounded by luscious green grass dancing back and forth under our feet, but the thing that worries more is the expression on his face. The expression that I couldn't read, it’s just so…blank.  

 

"What do you want to talk about?" I mumble looking far ahead to the sparkling lights that shines the whole city underneath.

 

He didn't answer me, his eyes looking straight ahead. I stayed silence standing by his side.

 

After a while of silence, he finally turns around and looks at me with his sweet, addictive brown eyes. "Even...," he heavily sighed, "I don't know how to tell you this, but I think-I think..."

 

I have no idea why I find myself holding my breath, but I did. It's getting harder and harder to breathe as I wait for him to finish his sentence.

 

"I- I- think I'm...," he takes in a deep breath, "I think I'm falling for you." 

 

It takes me a while to take in whatever he just said. The words that came out of his mouths sounds like a bunch of aliens’ language to me. What.In.The.World.Did.He.Just.Said?

 

I could hear the clock in my head ticking it way in there as my brain slowly, very slowly taking in the information.

 

My head snapped up, eyes wide open, and my jaw dropped. “Y-You like…” I couldn’t even get the words out.

He nodded his head, avoiding any eye contact with me.

 

“Ha Ha Aaron, you’re funny,” I playfully pushed his shoulder not believing what he said. “Nice try, but too bad I’m not falling for it.” I shake my head endlessly trying to fake out a believable laugh.

 

“Even, I’m not kidding.  I like you,” he stated with a serious expression on his face that make me to tremble from the inside.

 

What is he saying? He likes me? As in he likes Even Wu?? Has he forgotten about Gui Gui already? I don’t know whether I should be happy or not about this. I mean he likes me so does that mean he already forgotten about me already? Am I that easy to forget? Or is it just because I look like myself that’s why he likes me? Am I a replacement?

 

I know all that sounds pretty confusing, but…he likes me?

 

Despite all the questions racing inside my head, I try to keep myself compose. “Aaron,” I sighed, “you know I’m not Gui Gui right?” I reminded him.

 

I swore I saw a flash of guilt cross his eyes, but soon replaced by his normal deep brown eyes that always make me melt.

 

“I know, you’re Even,” he answered. “And I like you.”

 

I gasped a little in surprise, but it was barely auditable. “You know your liking me might just be because I look like Gui Gui right?” I bitterly smile, hoping to knock some sense into his head. As much as I want to get back to him, I know it’s impossible for us to get back together especially when my intention of getting back here is to try to forget about the past-everything about it, including…him.

 

“No, I like you because you’re…you,” he said eyes fixed onto mine.

I was drowning into his exotic brown eyes for a second before pulling myself back to earth again. “Aaron, I know you still have feelings for Gui Gui, or maybe you did forget about her, but…I don’t think you really me,” I stated. “Even if you really like me…I already have George. Plus, I don’t think a relationship between us will work out, especially with her and me looking a like,” I told him. “I’m sorry.” I muttered before turning my heels and start walking away, heart pounding painfully.

 

I stopped in my track as his hand pulls me by the wrist. “Even…” he called, “I’m sorry,” he whimpered. “You might be right about me liking you because you look like…her,” he quietly said. “I don’t know why, but every time I’m with you, I feel like she’s back, that you’re her. I can feel the aura of being loved again, of her being by my side once again…” he trails off.

 

My body stiffens as I listen to his words. “Aaron, I got to go, George’s waiting for me,” I told him as I tried my best to look away. Try to hold him my tears.

 

I can feel his grip around my wrist loosen. I take the chance and ran away. I pulled up a taxi and throw myself against the leather chair. “To ________ please,” I quietly muttered.

 

Tears keep on flowing down my cheeks as I start sobbing loudly not minding the weird look that the taxi driver is giving me.  Look all he want, I don’t give a crap about what he thinks.

 

Blurrily, I fish out my phone in my pocket and dial a number that I know so well.

 

“Hello?” a similiar voice from the other line answered.  

 

__________________________
__________________________

A/N: This is so depressing. I surprised myself that I can even write something like this. TT___TT This chapter was super hard to write and it break my heart. ;______; Sorry guys for taking forever to update. I hate myself for that too. I've been having a huge writer's block on this fic. =______=ll I'm planning to type up another chapter tonight for tomorrow or another day later this week, but you know how I am so don't get your hope up too high. I'm planning to finish this fic by the end of this year the latest, and start another GuiLun fic. I have the plot already, but of course I won't tell you now. keke... >;PP (will let you know that it'll be a romcom fic though, haha...I can't stand writing depressing stuff anymore >.<) Will let you have a little sneak peak when this fic have about 3-4 chapters left to finish. But for now....you gotta wait. haha...

As always, feel free to leave me any questions, comment, concerns down the comment box below and I'll try to reply you all if I'm not lazy. ;3 Thanks for reading up to now.

-FlamingFrog