Timey wimey pt. 2

Red

Shaye, Tao, Kai and Chen all rolled their eyes, Shaye especially. She would’ve thought that their pack had known that the three boys were related.

“As far as I know he’s a cousin on our father’s side but for all I know he could be another brother, ask them” she nodded towards the trio. Tao sat in an empty seat across from Shaye and leaned on his hand ignoring everyone else as he silently threw the other two under the bus. Shaye looked up at him with wide eyes as he tilted his head “So were you able to see anything?”

Shaye shrugged in return, “Haven’t had the chance to find out yet.” She took another bite of food as her eyes started to glow while everyone else was still trying to get an answer on whether or not Tao was a cousin or a brother. Shook her head trying to clear it “Go away” she muttered. Of course some of the guys heard her and immediately turned their attention on her. “No.” She stood, palms flat on the table as she glared across it at a spot above Tao’s head.

Yoongi growled “Is it your dad again?” Chen, Kai and Tao all nodded.

NamJoon placed a hand on her shoulder. She immediately sweeps it off and locks his wrist as she slams his shoulder to the table. The collective ‘Ooh’ and his hiss of pain is what wakes her from her inner conversation and she realizes that it’s not her father who she has pinned to the table. She immediately lets go, apologizing profusely as she backs away. She shook her head one eye still glowing “I thought it was him.”

Shaye moves to the wall across from the stairs sliding down it she draws her knees up and lowers her head. He’s still there in her head so she continues the conversation out loud not caring that the others could only hear half of it. “I told you to leave me alone and not to bother me unless…” she paused knowing she would have to be careful with how she phrased the next bit. “…unless mom is in immediate danger.”

She glanced to the side “Luhan, please stay out. It’s bad enough with him in there.” She tapped the side of her head. She stared at the stairs and sighed “That’s not an excuse. If I wanted an update I could ask Yoongi or his dad. Now for the last time GET OUT OF MY HEAD.”

She closed her eyes and leaned her head back against the wall. Shaye felt someone slide down next to her and she immediately leaned into him “I’m sorry.”

He chuckled “It’s alright, I’ll live.” He cracked open a bottle and held it out to her “Drink this, it’ll help.”

Shaye takes a sip of the offered drink and swallows as fast as she can without spitting it out “What is that?” she coughs “Is this some kind of payback?” she scrunched her face up.

“No” Namjoon chuckles.

“It’s an herbal tea that should either be warmed up or refrigerated” Kyungsoo gently took the bottle from her, replacing it with a warm mug before glaring at NamJoon who sheepishly shrugged in return.

She eyed the cup, remembering the first sip from the bottle “Do I have to drink it?”

“Yes!” Everyone answered and she grimaced.

“It’ll help” Hoseok crouched in front of her and tilted her chin up so she was looking at him “You know if you don’t drink it on your own there are seven of us who would be more than happy to help you” he grinned.

“You wouldn’t” her eyes narrowed.

“Oh?” He made a move to take the mug from her and her eyes widened. She quickly downed it and pushed the mug into his chest. She groaned and buried her face in NamJoon’s shoulder while both packs chuckled.

“So your dad, huh?”

“Yeah… By the way” She leans forward to look for Kai and Chen “Has he ever bothered you that much?”

“Nope.” They both shook their heads. And Tao ducked his head to hide his smirk.

“Speaking of which” she heard directly in her ear. She had forgotten that Hoseok was still in front of her and leaning forward put him a lot closer than she expected. She turned to look at him and he pecked her forehead before she could lean away. She froze. And he leaned back “No one has answered whether Tao is actually your brother or not.”

She studied her hands “Is it really that important? Because I kind of have something I need to do before I lose what I saw.”

“It can wait.”

“Thanks.” She relaxed against the wall, Tao skipped over to sit on the stairs and watch the process. “You’re doing it here?”

“Yeah that was the plan even before he decided to talk to me. It’s not like I’m physically doing anything.”

“Um” Luhan got up from the table “If it’s alright with you and BTS can I travel with you?”

She shrugged “I don’t mind. Just don’t go digging please.” Shaye held out her hand for Luhan to take as he sat next to her and they entered her memories.

--

Luhan stared at all of the frozen streams of color “Is this what it was like when you guys were stuck here?”

 Shaye nodded as she looked around “Kind of, though I have everything frozen at the moment.”

Luhan shoved his hands into his pockets as he walked to her side “Alright, so what are we looking for?” Shaye summoned an image for him “This face.”

“You mean that man, right?”

“No, his face. The man from that particular image is dead but he does have a twin and possibly even a doppelganger from another dimension.”

“So we’re playing where’s Waldo or the ‘human’ version of facial recognition software is.”

“Correct. Tao saw something and he wants to know if I can see the same thing.”

Luhan glanced at her “What’s up with you and Tao anyways?”

“Why does everyone from your pack want to know so bad? The three of them are your pack mates. I figure ya’ll would know the answer.”

“Well sure we know they’re related and that Kai and Chen were brothers but no one has actually ever asked how they’re related until now.”

“Well help me with this first and maybe I’ll tell you when we wake up.”

“Alright” He shrugged.

“There!” they looked at each other.

“Where are you pointing?”

“He’s standing at the window of the top floor of that building.”

Shaye looked in the direction he was pointing and swore under her breath. “He’s also right over there at the mouth of the alleyway.”

“So… which one is it?”

“Top floor is my uncle; he’s too nicely dressed not to be. Alley is the one I’m looking for. Come on.” Luhan grabbed her shoulder to stop her “What?”

“Don’t engage.”

“Why?”

Luhan shook his head “There’s something off about him.”

“We’re in my memories he can’t do anything” she crossed the street to the man at the alley. She studied his face and couldn’t believe she was standing that close to someone who looked like him. “I want to try something.”

She napped her fingers unfreezing his image and he looked right at her, eyes wide and glowing “She looked just like you.” He raised a hand and Luhan pulled her back. “I didn’t mean to. It was an accident, I’m sorry.”

Shaye’s eyes widened “We need to go.”