Ch. 26

Red

“Hey, sorry we can’t stick around to help get the girls back to their homes.”

 “Not a problem man” Arren shook Yoongi’s hand “With Ezra and Isaac out at that meeting, your help was most welcomed. Even if you mostly came because of Shaye’s curiosity.” Arren affectionately ruffled her hair. “It was nice having an Alpha present.”

Shaye smiled “You guys would’ve done just fine had we not been here.”

“True” Arren ducked his head “However it would’ve taken longer to catch them.”

“I’m just glad we were able to save as many as we did.” Shaye gave him a light hug “Seeya on the flipside.”

Arren nodded “Stay safe.”

The three turned for the door when Kasper called out to Shaye “Aren’t you forgetting something?”

Shaye turned back and hugged him “I’m sorry I didn’t come find you to say goodbye.”

He chuckled “That’s not what I meant. Besides it’s crazy around here.” He placed something in her hand “I believe that’s the piece you’ve been searching for?”

She hugged him again “Thank you.”

“Anything for you sis. Stay safe.”

“You too.” She joined Taehyung and Yoongi by the door. “Keep me updated on the girls, yeah?”

“Yes Captain” Arren and Kasper replied with huge grins on their faces.

NamJoon was anxiously waiting for them as they came through the doorway at Exo’s place.

“Dude I’m alright.” Shaye tells him when he pulls her in front of him. “Did you know that space pirates were a thing?” NamJoon was too busy searching for any sign of old wounds. Shaye frowns as she stills his hands “Hey, hey.” She brought his attention to her eyes. “Is this about Raven’s brother?” he nodded slightly. “I’m fine. No scars. That incident happened a couple of years ago. And, he won’t get the chance to do it again.”

He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, holding her to him.

“This is why I wanted to wait for you to be there so you could hear that one from me.”

He pulls away and his eyes zero in on the nick under her left eye. She wonders how he over looked it in his search earlier. “What’s this?” he asks, face darkening as he runs his thumb under it.

“Scuffle with a space pirate. Which” She raises a finger “I knew they weren’t going to be, but I can’t help but be a little disappointed that they weren’t the ‘Arr!’ hook and pegleg kind with bandanas and big hats. I’d throw eyepatch in there but one of them really had one.”

NamJoon glanced at Yoongi and Taehyung as Shaye bounced on her feet like a kid in a toy store.

“You should’ve seen it, I gave ‘em the boot and a hiyah!” she kicked out and chopped her hand through the air. She turned back to him and couldn’t help but laugh lightly at the horrified look on his face as she held her side.

“You didn’t.”

Yoongi palmed his face “Unfortunately that’s exactly what she did. She played the part of a meek girl so we could find out what they were really up to. They claimed to be stranded but they were really trafficking females.”

“You let her do what?” NamJoon’s voice was dangerously low causing a shiver to run down Shaye’s spine.

She rolled her eyes at his over-protectiveness. “Calm down, it’s just a couple of scrapes and-” He hugged her tight causing her to take in a sharp breath. He immediately let her go and tugged up her shirt “a couple of bruised ribs.”

He met her gaze, eyes glowing dangerously. “Why aren’t you healing?”

Taehyung rested a hand on his shoulder “She is, just not as fast as normal.”

“Why?” he growled and Shaye swore “Were we gone long enough to miss the full moon?” Everyone nodded “.”

“We’ll explain once we get back to the house. We need to get her to Jin as soon as possible.”

“Geez Yoongi, you make it sound like I’m dying. It’s just bruised ribs” she pouted.

Tao slung an arm over Taehyung’s shoulders “Why don’t you take them home before that one” he jabs a finger in his sister’s direction “decides it’s a good idea to use her own powers to get home. We’ll have Kai drop the car off for you.”

NamJoon tossed him his keys and dipped his head in thanks before Taehyung brought them home.

---

Upon their arrival home Jungkook immediately picked her up and swung her around. Yoongi smacked his head.

“Hyung!”

Yoongi sighed “you guys can’t keep jumping her every time she comes home after a few days.” The youngest pouted slightly “Why not?” He looked to Shaye who was trying to hide the grimace of pain on her face. “Whats wrong?” he took a step toward her.

Shaye shook her head slightly “It’s just some bruised ribs.”

“That we hope aren’t cracked” Namjoon gave him a pointed look.

He gave Shaye an apologetic look before looking back at NamJoon “How are we supposed to know if she’s injured or not? And shouldn’t she have healed on her own by now?”

“Just assume she has some sort of injury, unless she says otherwise.” He turned back to the trio “As to why she isn’t healing properly we still need to discuss that. But first, Where’s Jin?”

“Right here.” Jin took one look at her and asked Taehyung to bring her to the infirmary.”

“How did I not know you guys have an infirmary here?”

“It doesn’t get used often.” Taehyung explained as he brought her to Jin’s room. “It’s also a safe room that’s connected to Jin’s. So unless the door is open no one can teleport in.” he explained before she could ask why they were in in’s room. Shaye shivered when Taehyung opened the door for her. “Hang on” Taehyung said as she sat on the counter.

Jin slapped his hand away before he could even touch the temp for the room. “How many times have I asked you not to mess with that?”

“But she’s cold and you’re going to ask her to take her shirt off.” Jin sighed and turned to Namjoon who raised the temperature in the room with his powers. Jin turns back to Shaye who has already slipped her shirt off, and swears at the bruise that’s spread across her side.

He hovers his hand over her side and tries to heal her a couple of times but nothing changes other than Shaye biting her lip in pain. He’s about to give up when she grabs his hand and presses it to her side. “Try one more time.” The pain is so great this time that her lip starts to bleed.

Jin frowns and cups her face with a look of worry in his eyes “Don’t pass out on us sweetheart.” Jin turns to Yoongi and Taehyung “Why can’t I heal her?”

Shaye slips her shirt back on with slight difficulty and clears “Why isn’t anyone asking me?” she rolled her eyes “Anyways” she more blood off of her lip “The pirates injected me with something that’s meant to subdue the person which worked on the human girls but with the rest of us it just slowed us down. As far as I know all its doing is slowing down my healing process and apparently blocking any outside help.”

Jin nodded “I’ll need to take a blood sample and hopefully I’ll be able to reverse the effects.” When he was down drawing blood he tossed a roll of bandages to Hoseok and asked him to take Shaye back to her room so she could rest.

---

“Move your arm.” She did as asked so Hoseok could finish binding her ribs, and turned her head away. He glanced up at the movement and smirked “Why are you blushing?” he teased.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” she threw back and he chuckled “I’m not looking at you any differently than I usually do.”

He helped her with her shirt. “Now,” he kept a hand on her uninjured side. “Jin will kill us all if you don’t; so please rest. I’ll go grab an icepack for you.”

Shaye sighed and waited for him to leave before trying to bring her laptop to her. After it didn’t work the first time she took as much of a deep settling breath as she could and stuck her tongue out in concentration before giving up. She threw her head back and groaned when it didn’t work and got up to get it herself.

“I thought I asked you to rest?” Hoseok asked when she was opening the laptop.

Shaye rolled her eyes “I just need to check my email to make sure that I haven’t neglected and missed any important deadlines.” She hissed when he placed the ice on her side. “Can I at least borrow your phone?”

He shook his head “I’m serious. You need to rest. How did you get your laptop anyways?”

She sighed “The same reason I need to call Kai. I have the last thing I need for the house but I had to get up to get my laptop. I can’t finish the house without my powers, so I need my brothers’ magic to do so.”

“Fine” he handed her his phone. “Hey Kai, are you on the road yet?”

“No, what’s up?”

“My magic is currently blocked. So I was wondering if you could bring Chen and Tao with you so I can explain what needs to be done to finish the house. If you guys don’t mind?”

“You’re trusting us with the house?”

“I wouldn’t be asking if I didn’t. That and you guys are the only ones aside from myself who can do it.”

“We’ll see you when we get there.”

“Thanks Kai.” Shaye hands the phone back to Hoseok.

“Laptop too.”

“But.”

He shook his head “You need to rest. Besides the majority of the people you’re working with will understand.”

She scrunched her nose in dislike as she passed him the laptop “I can’t exactly tell them that space pirates put me out of commission and that my mates are making me rest.”

He leaned in to kiss her cheek “You’re smart, I know you’ll think of something.”

Jimin and Jungkook came bounding into the room in their wolf forms with Taehyung trailing behind them. Shaye smiled “What’s this?”

“Jin hyung was thinking that the serum might run its course faster if you sleep. In the meantime he heard that your brothers are coming over and hopes to get some blood from them thinking that their blood might help with the solution.”

Shaye nodded as she absentmindedly ran her fingers through Jimin’s fur as he stood next to the bed. “If I sleep now… will someone wake me when my brothers get here?”

Taehyung shook his head “Jin’s orders are to let you sleep.”

“But, I have to- oh fine. We’ll do it his way.” She conceded. “Tae can you please grab the bag that we brought back from the other? And Hoseok can you please grab the red bag from my closet and bring me a pen and paper? So I can write out what they need to do with the house.”

Hoseok leaned over Jimin and kissed her forehead. “Sure thing.”

Jimin and Jungkook hopped up on the bed when Hoseok stepped away and tried not to jostle her too much as they settled in around her.

---

“” Chen’s head shot up while Jin was drawing his blood.

“Sorry, I’m almost done.”

Chen shook his head “It’s not you doc. Shaye has a visitor.”

Tao and Kai were already on their way to Shaye’s room. Not that they could do much. But out of the four of them she trusted their father the least and they wanted to be there to support her in any way they could. Jungkook moved to the end of the bed so that Tao who had been in a similar situation could sit next to his sister.

He smoothed some hair out of her face before whispering a message to her. “The blood won’t harm you, but it’s also not necessary. Don’t take the blood if you don’t want to.”

---

Shaye bolted up on the bench, knocking her father’s out stretched hand to the side. She wrapped an arm around her side a little annoyed that she could still feel that much pain in the dreamscape. She slowly turned her head toward him “What were you doing?” She stared at the blood dripping from his hand as it made ripples when it landed on the ground.

“Trying to help you.”

Shaye noticed a figure behind him and held back her snarky retort “I appreciate the thought, but I don’t want to drink your blood.”

“Honey, please let him help.”

She pursed her lips “Hey Ma.” ‘well this saves me a trip’ “How are the Mins?”

“They’re great. Stop trying to change the subject. Will you please let your father heal you.”

Shaye stubbornly shook her head. “I’ve been in worse shape than this and they’re working on it back at the house. I don’t want his blood. I’ll be fine. Speaking of which; we got her put away. So you’re freer to move around but please stay with the Mins just a bit longer unless of course they’ve accepted you into the pack already.”

Her mother nodded.

“Congrats” Shaye smiled at her mother before turning her gaze back to her father. “Once again: I appreciate the thought but please stop doing unnecessary things. You’ll still keep an eye on ma though right?”

“Always.” He placed his arm around Shaye’s mom “Let’s get you back home.”

“We can’t just leave our daughter here by herself.”

“She’ll be fine. Besides she’s not alone.”

“I love you, you know that right?”

Shaye dipped her head “I know ma, I’ll try to visit sometime.”

“You better” her mother stood with her hands on her hips “And be sure to bring your brothers and mates with.”

Shaye nodded as she didn’t trust herself to speak. “Come on” her father spoke softly as he pulled her mother away. Shaye lay back on the bench once they were gone.

---

Tao swiped a thumb under her eyes “It’ll be alright.” He looked at Jimin and Jungkook “They’re gone. Dad brought her mom with him this time. You’re her mates so I know you’ll take care of her. Please keep us updated on her recovery.” The two wolves nod at him and he dips his head in thanks before leaving the room with Kai.