Dynamics

Red

Junhong came down the stairs with a dejected look on his face.

“What happened?” Youngjae came to his side.

“Raven is still hurt and Shaye kicked me out of the room.”

Everyone’s eyes widened in horror at the thought of the two being alone in a room together, especially as Shaye didn’t look all too happy when she entered the house. Everyone kept quiet as they listened for any signs of fighting.

“Alright, what’s going on up there?” Jimin asked when they could hear nothing.

NamJoon, along with Yongguk, Chanyeol and Yoongi made their way to Shaye’s room and knocked on the door. They shared a look when they received no answer. Yongguk turned the knob and sighed in relief knowing it wasn’t locked. When they peaked inside they were shocked as the two were cuddled together asleep on Shaye’s bed. They closed the door and made their way back to the others downstairs.

NamJoon smiled and shared a look with Yongguk “They’re sleeping. No one is to bother them until at least one of them leaves the room.”

Junhong and the youngest 3 of Shaye’s mates weren’t happy to hear that. “Arent they hurt?”

Yongguk raised a hand stopping them “They’re fine. I’m sure nothing was life threatening or Shaye would’ve called a least one of the healers in.”

Namjoon nodded in agreement turning to Hoseok “Now, what happened?”

He shrugged “Ten and his mother are dead and aside from the fight I’m in the same boat as everyone else.”

“She’s getting stronger” Chen chimed in, hand to chin in thought. “Well she has been preparing to deal with him” Tao pointed out.

Hoseok shook his head “I torched the guy because I thought she needed help. But she sent him flying with one kick.”

“There’s the possibility that she was channeling Coyote. Anyways the guy is dead right?” Hoseok nods. “Did either of you call a fae cleanup crew?”

Jimin blanched “That’s a thing?”

“Yup” Tao slung an arm around his shoulder. Hoseok shook his head “She did mention something about paperwork since I torched him.”

Kris stood from his seat “I’ll call them” Chen placed a hand on his shoulder “I’ll do it.” Kris sat back down as Chen walked out of the room.

“Why is Shaye so protective of Raven at times but could care less other times?” Sehun started from his place against a wall. All eyes land on Junhong “Has Raven ever talked about their mom?” He shook his head.

“Ten called Raven a mutt” Hoseok recalled “Has Shaye ever mentioned anything about Raven not fully being fae?”

Jungkook sighed, getting up and made for the stairs when Kai appeared in front of him. “Where are you going?”

“The only way we’re gonna get answers” he left off pointing up the stairs.

And Kai pointed at him “Did you not hear Yongguk earlier? Do Not Wake the Bobbsey twins.”

“But they went up there” he motioned to the brothers and Yoongi.

“Just to make sure they weren’t killing each other.”

Jungkook glanced down before he smirked “I dare you to call them that to their faces.”

Kai just stared at him with a bored look and patted him on the shoulder “I don’t have a death wish kid” he slung an arm over Jungkook’s shoulder “Come on” he dragged him back to the living room.

---

‘You must stop interfering.’

Jo smirked haughtily as she crossed her arms ‘Who are you to talk to me like that? I’m not the one interfering. I know she could’ve handled him on her own just fine. Plus the mate helped out. That boy carried his hatred and vengeance into another dimension at the suggestions of someone here, in so doing destroyed an innocent life. I figured it was time for some divine intervention.’ She glowered at the man and waited for the head to jump in.

Someone cleared their throat ‘Thought we told you to stay away from them. We agree that we need them as part of the council but none of them are ready yet and not just because she and her brothers haven’t come into their full power yet. It’s too soon.’

‘But-’

He slammed his fist on the table. ‘No! Why are you still letting them talk to you. You were warned last time and too soon is too soon. Lock him away for the time being, make sure they can’t reach him.’

They watched in silence as he was dragged out of the room, before a feminine voice spoke up ‘We should bring her in for a preliminary meeting that way the others-’

“Shut up” Shaye mumbled pulling a pillow over her ears as she rolled away from Raven’s side.

They froze in their seats ‘Her mind drifts too close to the barrier.’

‘She’s not the only one.’

---

Shaye was sitting on the kitchen floor leaning against a cabinet with her arms wrapped around her when Raven found her. “How did you even make it down here?”

She barely looked up at them before her eyes rolled as she leaned her head against the cabinet. “Can you stop moving around so much, it hurts even when you breathe.”

“I thought Maru and I told you to stop doing that. Seeing s it almost killed you the last time because of your own wounds.” Raven stretched out a hand to help Shaye up.

“Look whose decided to act their age.” She grumbled taking Raven’s hand “I only rolled in some glass this time” She croaked out as Their pain was getting to her. “What else am I supposed to do when you refuse a healer?” Shaye swayed on her feet “If you’d stop being so stubborn and see a healer right away I wouldn’t leach your pain. You know how to end this I’m going back to bed.” Shaye squeaked when she moved around Raven finally taking notice of the audience they’d gathered.

She smiled meekly refusing to meet the eyes of her mates “We came back in one piece.” She said before slowly making her way through the group.

Junhong wrapped his arms around Raven causing Shaye’s knees to buckle as she cried out in pain. Taehyung was the one to catch her before teleporting to her room. As the rest glared at the young wolf when Raven removed his arms and reminded him that they still had broken ribs.

Raven growls out of frustration “I hate when she does this, can someone heal me please?” Lay motioned for Raven to follow him to the living room.

“Somehow I don’t think we’ll ever understand the dynamics between you two.” Chanyeol quipped.

Raven huffed and Lay gave them a stern look. They muttered an apology before looking at Chanyeol “Stop trying, you’ll only confuse yourselves more.”

Lay nodded to Jin once he finished healing Raven.

---

“Thank the gods” Shaye stretched out on the bed once the pain from Raven’s injuries disappeared.

Taehyung tisked at her as he pulled her back up by her arms. “You’re getting blood on the bed. I thought your injuries weren’t that bad?”

“They weren’t” she shrugged “Must’ve torn the bigger ones back open. Most of my injuries are from glass, I didn’t do a whole lot of physical fighting.”

Jin rushed into the room and cupped her face in his hands “Are you alright?” She winced and glared at him when he swiped a thumb over a cut on her cheek. “That’s what you get when you don’t heal yourself before pulling like that with Raven.”

“I pulled out most of the glass fragments. So you may want to do a once over before healing the rest of the cuts. I know how to assess my own injuries. Mine weren’t that bad this time so Raven was priority.”

Jin leaned back on his heels and sighed “Let’s get you to the bathroom so we can check for glass and get you healed up before your blood drive the rest crazy.”

“I thought blood only bothered vampires?”

Jin and Taehyung share a look as they follow her into the bathroom. “Normally yes. But the next full moon is just a week away and your blood carries a punch with your scent.”

“Sorry” she scratched her neck before pulling her shirt over her head. Taehyung swore “Why does is look like you’re the one with broken ribs and not Raven?”

“Residual side effect which results in bruising if the other party’s injuries are that bad and even some phantom pain after they’ve been healed. I know the bruising looks bad but ask Jin if you don’t believe me.”

He stepped behind her to stay out of Jin’s way and buried his face in her neck “I believe you, it’s just hard to wrap my mind around it when the bruising looks that bad.”

---

Meanwhile downstairs

“Can we ask you what your other half is?” Jimin nudged Sehun “We’re not supposed to talk with Them when Shaye’s not here.”

Raven glanced at Yoongi who gave the okay and shook their head “It’s alright I know her rules well enough plus she’s still in the house, she’d kill me if I dare act up. Yoongi is here plus her brothers who are part trickster so its fine. My mother was a Raven trickster.”

“Any relation to Coyote?” Kris asked.

“Actually yes, my mother was Coyote’s youngest sibling.”

“Hey, well met cousin” Kai greeted and Raven nodded in return.

“Ya’ll have cousins just poppin’ out of the wood work don’t cha” Baekhyun nudged Chen. “Does she know?”

Raven shrugs “Probably. Until recently though we’ve always had our arrangement. I leave her alone and she leaves me alone until we need to work together. But despite the distance for our sanity, we both keep tabs just to make sure neither of us is getting into too much trouble. We were always fine working together with Maru there and I know she has a lot on her plate at the moment which is why I’ve been trying to stay in the background but that obviously hasn’t been working.”

“She always says it’s because of your nature…” Namjoon prompted.

Raven sighed “It’s like when an Angel and a demon have a child together. Its neither good nor evil but has the potential to be one or the other or both.” Raven rested their elbows on their knees “Now when people think of tricksters the fox tends to be the demon in all the lore. But it’s actually the Raven who is the darkest of the three. ‘As is my nature’ there are times when my trickster side acts up and it does more damage than usual since it has access to fae magic. Which is why she deems me as so dangerous. I have it under control most of the time but we never know when it’s going to act up.”

“So… how is Shaye able to take your pain when it’s not actually one of her powers?” Jungkook asked.

“Blood pact. It’s something she did to help control my other half if it ever acted up while we worked together. She also found out that she could use it for the purpose you saw today. She takes my pain to force me to see a healer because she knows that I can’t stand to see her in pain. Which probably has something to do with the trickster family line because with almost anyone else I wouldn’t care.”

“If you have such a soft spot for her and her likewise why do you two always talk about not being left alone together or being in the same room for long?” Suho asked.

Raven tilted their head before straightening “I’ll leave that one to your thoughts. On a serious note: I don’t know how much she knows or is aware of wat is to come. But we need to be ready to help her with anything. Do me a favor and keep an eye on her. Ya’ll know that if she could have it her way she would die alone so that everyone could live. And that’s the extreme end of it.”

“What are you getting at?” Jungkook nearly growled though he knew They were right.

Raven sighed but kept their eyes trained on the floor “They’re grooming her or probably all of us now, seeing as we’ve met some of your counterparts from another dimension and have formed a pack with them.”

“They who and what for?” NamJoon asked.

Raven shook their head “Can’t say for sure other than the fates seem to be stirring up trouble again. Apparently they’ve been talking someone’s ear off. Nothing good comes from the fates as most of the trouble they foresee is trouble caused by them. Last my father heard of them, they’d been locked away. But someone’s let them out and is listening intently to them.”

“Does she know?”

“I’ve no doubt that she does on some level. There’s more than the reason of becoming a god that she fights against her first death so much. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but she doesn’t much like playing by others rules and fights against ‘divine intervention’ as much as she can.”

Raven looked to their cousins “Your dad isn’t the one pulling the strings, he’s genuinely trying to help as much as he can. I don’t know what their end game is but they won’t get what they want.”

“How do you know about this” Junhong nudged his mate.

“I’ve heard whispers. I’ve no doubt that she’s heard some too. Anyways, she knows what she’s doing. And whether she’s aware of it or not she’ll play right into their hands just enough to make them think everything is going as planned when really everything is going exactly how she wants. She’s the one in control, not them.”

“You make her sound so devious.”

Raven blinked “Have you not met her? There’ll be times where she doesn’t seem fully there but she knows exactly what she’s doing even if she’s unable to put it into words.”

Tao huffed “You’re not wrong.”

“What nonsense have you been spouting?” Shaye entered with a raised eyebrow and Jimin pulled her down to sit with him.

Raven smirked “Quite a lot actually.”

“How much do you know” Luhan directed at Shaye.

“I know a lot about a lot of things and nothing at all.” Shaye kept her gaze on Raven while the room took volleyed glances between the two.

“This isn’t weird at all” Jimin tucked his chin in Shaye’s neck.

“Raven refused to go into your relationship” YoungJae pouted.

“So?”

“Come one! Throw us a bone we’re so confused!”

The two in question tilted their heads “But it’s more fun this way” they replied in unison. Causing half the room to shudder and mutter about how creepy that was.

“I’ve got it!” Baekhyun called out gaining the room’s attention “They’re the siblings that are always trying to kill each other. Yeah they care about each other but they just can’t help but fight.”

“What is he talking about?”

“Their dynamic” Yoongi pointed between Shaye and Raven.

“You might have something there but I feel like it’s only partially correct” Raven held back a smirk and Shaye cracked up laughing while holding her side. “Don’t make me laugh it hurts.”

Everyone turned to her with worried expressions “But Lay healed Raven.”

“Its residual pain” she, Raven, Jin and Tae all replied.

“Just a side effect” Shaye waved her hand “Anyways, ya’ll are a hoot.”

“Are you going to tell them if they’re right or wrong?” Sehun asked as if he knew the answer himself.

She sobered up real quick while her eyes still danced with mirth and something akin to mischief “No.”

“Why not!?”

“Because this is really entertaining” she replied.

Raven chuckled “You should ask her about the temples.”

Shaye’s gaze flashed to Raven’s real quick “Not tonight and I think you’ve said enough”

“Alright” Yongguk clapped his hands together “I believe it’s time we head home. We can call a meeting of the Alpha’s later” he winked at Shaye before his pack disappeared.

“Why’d you do that?” Jimin spoke into her neck.

“Habit” She looked around the room to see Exo getting to leave as well. Shaye stood and made her way over to Kris.

“What’s up little one?”

She scratched the back of her neck before looking up at him. “Will you and Suho both be available in the next couple of days for an Alpha meeting? I have a decision to make but I’d like all of your opinions.”

“Sure where at?”

“If it wouldn’t be too much of a bother can we hold it at Exo’s? I need Raven to be there too.”

His eyebrows shot up at that “not a problem.” He ruffled her hair “Get some rest yeah?”

“No promises” she smiled lightly moving away so the group could leave. Shaye swayed lightly on her feet again. Those that took notice weren’t sure if she was consciously doing so and getting ready to bolt for whatever reason or if she was about to pass out. She held the heel of her hand to her forehead “I’m gonna go back to bed, hopefully the bruise will be gone when I wake up.”

“What bruise?”

“It’s nothing.”

Jimin and Jungkook narrowed their eyes at her.

Shaye shook her head slightly. Inching towards the stairs. “It’s really not that bad.”

The two shared a look before advancing toward her “Well now we have to see it.”

Shaye gripped the hem of her shirt “No. I don’t need you unnecessarily getting upset with me or Raven over it so just let it be.” Yoongi came to her side giving the two a look to stay put before ushering Shaye upstairs.

He paused in the doorway of her room before shaking his head and bringing her to his room “We need to clean your sheets he muttered as he closed his door behind them. He moved to stand in front of her.

“What are you doing?” she studied him.

“Can I see it?” his eyes flashed to hers.

“You have to promise not to get upset as its another residual thing from Raven’s injuries and I get to wear one of your jerseys without complaint. He nodded silently and she sighed before reaching for the hem of her shirt. Her eyes closed at his sharp intake of breath.

One of his hands came up to rest on her waist as the other lightly traced the bruise. Shaye glanced down eyes following his fingers “It already looks better than it did earlier.”

“You were right not to let the younger ones see it. They definitely would’ve broken something.”

“Tae must have really good control over his anger then. He saw it when Jin was healing me. And all he did was hug me as he tried to stay out of Jin’s way.”

Yoongi nodded moving away to grab a jersey for her. “That sounds like Tae. Arms.” Shaye put out her arms as instructed and Yoongi put the jersey on her. “There. Now, lets go sleep.”