Wibbly wobbly

Red

Everyone was gathered in the living room when Shaye suddenly appeared between Taehyung and Yoongi, which caused some of the boys to jump. “You’re awake.” She gripped Yoongi’s hand and leaned into Taehyung, eyes clenched shut. “…and in pain.”

“Those idiots” Yoongi growled. "They were supposed to check up on you not-" Shaye squeezed his hand to let him know it was alright and that she was alright.

Jimin rushes into the room followed by Jin “Where is she?” Everyone points to the couch. They landed on their knees in front of her. “We’re so sorry!”

She peeked up at them, managing a small smile “It wasn’t an ideal thing to wake up to but you bonded and that’s something you don’t need to apologize for.” She closes her eyes again “How long was I out?”

“A couple of days” NamJoon answers from somewhere in the room and she groans. “Any idea what happened?” Baekhyun asks.

She nods “Sorta, but I’m not awake enough to explain it.” She stands “Shower and coffee” and sways.

Jin and Jimin move to steady her if need be “How about coffee first.”

“Why?”

The boys all trade glances “I don’t think you’re steady enough to take a shower without some kind of help.”

“I’m fine” she waves them off as Lay comes to stand next to Jin “Are you sure?”

“Fairly certain. Why?”

“You… almost died.”

Shaye shook her head “I did die.”

“What?!”

“Well, not me here. Me somewhere else.”

“Did she have a really high fever at all while she was out?” Kris asked. Jin and Lay both shook their heads.

“I’m right here and I’m not crazy!” She buried her face in her hands with a groan “I’m not awake enough for this .” Yoongi stood and she held onto his sleeve. He helped her to the kitchen, not before she asked Kai and Chen to call Fujimaru to explain in her stead so she could wake up properly and get her bearings straight.

Everyone turns to Chen and Kai “Who is Fujimaru?”

 The boys groan and Kai scrubs his face “Falcon.”

Jungkook and Hoseok perk up at the name “Are you going to call him?”

The two in question shake their heads “Not if we don’t absolutely have to” Chen responded. “Because we don’t need them both going off on a geeky tirade” Kai tacked on.

“What do you mean?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Shaye isn’t crazy. And for us to explain you’re going to need to drop all your previous notions about what she said being crazy” Kai started. “Think of it in hypothetical terms if it’ll help.” They all nodded. “So hypothetically speaking, what did it sound like she was talking about?” Chen continued on, trying to get the others’ minds working in a way it would be easier to explain to them.

“Well,” Sehun started “She said she died but it was the other her somewhere else. So un-hypothetically speaking does she have a twin?”

It was a logical question and everyone except for Kai, Chen and Tao turned to Yoongi in question, who was now standing in the doorway so he could help Shaye if she needed it. He shook his head “Biologically she’s an only child.”

“Well then from a linear time perspective it’s not possible that it was her past self or she wouldn’t still be here. But it could have been her future self” Chanyeol threw out there.

Kai shook his head and even Tao who could control time knew that what Shaye had meant had nothing to do with time or time travel. “That’s not it. You have to think broader; it has nothing to do with time.” Chen proudly nudged Tao’s shoulder.

“Then that just leaves; science fiction, alternate realities and pocket universes.”

Kai smiled broadly at Luhan “Close, in this case it would be science non-fiction and parallel universes.”

“Why has no one heard of this outside of stories then?” Suho asked still a little skeptical. Chen shrugged “Hackers have control and keep an eye on things so information about it doesn’t land in government hands. It’s the one thing we all work together on.”

“Nice job” Shaye clapped their shoulders.

“Well had we let you or Maru explain they’d be thoroughly confused” Kai poked her side. “Had you waited I’d been able to explain just fine without losing them. Can I see your phone?” She held her hand out.

“Why?”

“We still need to call Maru. I didn’t ask you to call him to explain away my ‘crazy’.” She shook her head as they still didn’t get it. “Portals. Energy anomalies.” As she took the phone from Kai she didn’t notice Yoongi motioning to the younger pack members.

Before she knew it, the phone was slipped out of her hand and she was pulled to the floor in a small puppy pile. Shortly after, members from the other packs joined in. Shaye blinked not fully sure how she ended up on the floor “What’s going on?”

“You just woke up from a quite literal near death experience and you want to start working right away?” Jin stood next to Yoongi with his arms crossed over his chest.

“What’s wrong with that?”

“Is she always like this?” Kai, Chen and Yoongi all nodded “Sadly.”

Chanyeol turned to her “You have pack in-laws, in-laws and mates that are very happy that you didn’t actually die. Rest. Let Chen or Kai contact Fujimaru.”

She rolled her eyes “As if I have a choice. I’m just not used to this…” She trailed off as she snuggled into Taehyung’s side.

Yoongi motions Kai and Chen over, “Is there somewhere we can talk?” Chen studied his face for a moment before sighing “Yeah, we can use Suho’s office.” Yoongi followed them to the room and closed the door behind him.

“So how long have you known and does she know?”

Kai looked at Chen “Um.”

“It’s alright” Chen nodded. Kai turned back to Yoongi “She’s too smart not to know. And even though we haven’t actually had that conversation yet, she’s the one who reached out to us first.”

Chen leaned against the desk “It’s hard to explain exactly but there’s this feeling and you just know.” Yoongi nodded in understanding. “How did she find you?”

“All tricksters have similar signatures online no matter how much we try to change it. Luckily only other tricksters can spot it. Everyone else, even the best hackers are blind to it.” Yoongi went to ask another question when the door opened.

“It’s Shaye.” Kris stood in the doorway “She seems to be stuck in a dream, no one can wake her. So we moved her to the guest room.”

Yoongi bowed his head slightly to Kris “Thanks” he turned to the other two “Shall we go check on her?” He followed Chen and Kai to her room, and nearly growled once they entered the room.

“, it’s him” Chen swore.

Kai nodded “Think it’s their first conversation?”

“No doubt about it, look at her face. She’s livid.”