Same page

Red

It was mid-afternoon and there was no sign of Maru and their possible ally. Shaye was currently sitting upside down on the couch in between NamJoon and Hoseok. “Why did we have to wait for them to come here? Why couldn’t we just pick them up?”

Kai and Chen shared a look. “I’ve tried that before and by the sounds of it Maru is worse at traveling like that than Jimin.”

“Hey!” Jimin called from somewhere in the house.

“Shut up, you know it’s true” Taehyung spat back. Shaye rolled her eyes in frustration.

“So… how’s it going with that information that you couldn’t quite reach?” Kai asked as he tapped the side of his head.

“Yeah… about that. Had an unwanted visitor in my dream last night” she sneered “I hate that he’s been doing that more but couldn’t ever be around until now. At least he was helpful this time, as frustrating as it is to admit that. That stuff that I couldn’t reach ended up being memories that someone continuously blocked off. Today is going to be interesting” she said with a tight smile.

“You’re not allowed to stab anyone in this house.”

Shaye blinked and turned her gaze on Kris “Why would I want to stab anyone here?”

“I mean it. I know that look. Stop playing with your words-” Luhan nudged him and he sighed before carefully choosing his next words “No mortally wounding anyone that comes to this house today.”

“Fine” she rolled off the couch and headed for the door “I’ll get it.”

Everyone rushed to the hallway curious about the change in her demeanor. Shaye opened the door ready to jump on Maru when she locked eyes with the man behind him. She immediately slammed the door in Maru’s face and he walked through it. “Ow. Hello to you too.”

“Wait you can walk through stuff but you get sick when teleporting?”

He shrugged “Sorry we’re late, there was an issue with the hotel.”

“Why don’t you just stay here?” Suho offered.

“Thank you but I’m not sure if Shaye would be able to stay in the same place as my guest for long.” He moved to open the door when she jumped on his back.

“Do we have to?”

“Honest to gods Red! He’s here to help. He said his sister needed to be stopped.”

“Fine.”

Maru opened the door. The man stood there with his head bowed.

“Everyone. Meet my uncle Kieran.” Shaye hopped off of Maru’s back and walked away.

“But he’s-” Luhan followed her.

“Yep.”

“But the doppel-”

“Was the one in the window with the suit and is actually his dopple and not my stepdad’s.”

“How do you figure?”

She shrugged “Everything just clicked, besides you’d have to know my aunt. My step dad was her favorite person on the planet aside from herself. So of course she would throw the ‘weaker’ brother away if she found someone who was nearly exactly the same as her favorite brother. He might be Kieran’s doppel but I’m pretty sure he has Nick’s personality. I’m sure it’s almost like he never died. By the way, would you stop staring at me? Seriously. Take a picture, it last longer. I’m alive and you didn’t kill me or anyone who looks like me like that sister of yours wanted you to think.”

Kieran’s eyes widened “How did you know about that?” His question followed her as she ran upstairs to one of the rooms and buried herself under the sheets.

“Someone’s having fun” Yoongi crossed his arms.

“You call that fun?” Jimin asked confused.

“Did you see the look on her face as she was explaining things to Luhan?”

Jimin’s face lit up “She has more pieces that are falling together.”

“Why did you block her memories? You were always nice to her. You’d think you’d want her to have good memories even when your brother was experimenting on her.”

“To keep her a little bit safer while she was in the hands of my brother. If he had ever learned that I doted on her in anyway he would harm her in worse ways than he already was just to teach me a lesson.”

Yoongi stepped forward, hand out stretched “Thanks for keeping her safe in your own way.”

Kieran took the hand “You must’ve been the boy that she wasn’t allowed to visit anymore. She talked about you a lot.”

--

Taehyung followed Shaye upstairs and had to laugh because even though she wasn’t teleporting, this wasn’t their house and he wasn’t in the room. She still went to the room he was staying in. Taehyung pulled the covers back, revealing her fox form. “I see you’re getting comfortable with changing forms.”

He sat down and placed her on his lap. Shaye shifted back and snuggled into his chest.

“You were a lot more conservative than any of us were expecting especially after Kris warned you.”

“I think I’m more frustrated than anything. I can’t just kill the guy. It would be un-just. He did for me what he could, short of killing his own twin. And he’s a victim of his family as much as I am.”

He pinched her side “You should go talk to him.”

“I know, but I can’t just yet. Can I stay here a little longer?”

“Of course” He placed a kiss on her forehead.

---

At dinner Shaye was so lost in her thoughts that she hadn’t realized that she kept bouncing her knees. It got to the point where Yoongi would place a hand on her leg to stop it only for the other one to start up and Hoseok would stop that one. She would be still for a few minutes after they removed their hands before her legs started back up again.

No one was able to get her attention to which Kyungsoo just chuckled and said “At least she’s eating.”

She seemed to wake up from her haze when she stood up to place her dishes by the sink. She tapped Suho on the shoulder. “May I?”

“It’s all yours.” She dipped her head in thanks before turning to her uncle “Follow me.”

“Would you like anyone else to go with?”

She shook her head slightly before responding to Kris “I don’t think it’ll be necessary but if it’ll make everyone more comfortable then why not.”

The two Alpha’s turned to NamJoon who nodded his consent before Kris asked Luhan to go with Shaye and her uncle to the office.

Shaye sat on the desk while her uncle took the couch and Luhan found a spot against the wall. “I want to try and establish a base line of what’s going on. So I’ll tell you what I know or what I think I know. Please correct me if I’m wrong on anything.”

Kieran nodded.

“Alright” she started swinging her legs “Obviously I’m not going to know everything. I know that your doppel killed the ‘me’ from his world and then by accident or design ended up here where Lani found him. She knew he was yours but he didn’t have your personality. His was more like Nick’s. She knew with Nick being dead that both of you couldn’t be walking around. So for whatever reason they gave you his memories of killing the other me and somehow got a portal and sent you to another dimension.”

“Why not just kill him?” Luhan interjected.

“That would be too easy” Shaye and Kieran both replied.

“That’s pretty good so far,” Kieran nodded. “They gave me his memories as a way to torture me. You know how my sister is.”

Shaye nodded “Unfortunately.”

“As for the portal, Lani has a hacker on payroll plus the help of Emmet.”

Shaye swore under her breath “Do you know who?”

“I believe his tag is Raven.”

“Please tell me you’re joking.”

Kieran slowly shook his head.

“Wait how do you know so much about hackers and portals?”

Shaye looked at Luhan while she pointed at her uncle “Because he is one.”

Luhan opened his mouth to which Shaye waved her hand before focusing back on her uncle.

“So what are they trying to do?”

“Nick thought he was keeping things pretty hush hush. But Lani still found out about your blood. So she’s been trying to find another you that matches or comes close.”

“Are they stupid?!” Shaye launched herself off the desk. “Don’t answer that. There may be many realities with many me’s but there is only one me. And of course she’s killing them when they don’t work out.”

“How do you know?”

“I can feel the deaths. It’s really weird and some of them hurt like hell. It’s a bit like that movie: The One. Only I don’t gain anything from the deaths of my other selves like the main character does.”

“I’m-”

Shaye raised a hand “Don’t. We’re going to stop her right?”

“Definitely.” 

"That's all I need to hear."

 


Hey everyone ^^

So there's a few new names being tossed around in this chapter.

  • Shaye's step uncle: Kieran
  • Shaye's step aunt: Lani 
  • Shaye's stepdad: Nick
  • Kieran's doppelganger: Emmet