Ch. 25

Red

The boys make Shaye take a break to watch a movie. It was Jungkook’s turn to pick. To the dismay of Jimin and Hoseok he chose Insidious. Shaye was currently seated between Jin and NamJoon.

“I could be getting more work done” she grumbled with her arms wrapped around a pillow as Jungkook started the movie.

--

“Never again” Hoseok shook his head at the end of the movie.

“Is Shaye okay?” Jimin asked trying to distract himself.

NamJoon snorted as he looked at her peaceful face as she was asleep on his shoulder. “She fell asleep somewhere around ‘tiptoes through the tulips’.”

Jungkook looked to Taehyung “Do you think she’s afraid of anything?”

Taehyung shrugged “Wanna find out? I can whip up a batch of fake blood real quick.”

“We won’t be able to fake any deaths, but yes. Come on hyungs!” Jungkook got up and followed Taehyung.

Jin and NamJoon shrugged before following them. Jimin and Hoseok’s curiosities got the better of them and they got up as well. “Are you coming hyung?” They asked Yoongi.

He shook his head and stretched out next to Shaye “I’m gonna nap some.”

---

Shaye wakes to a dark and silent house. She notices Yoongi passed out on the couch next to her and figures the rest went to their rooms or on a run. She goes to the kitchen and tries the light. Power outage. She sighs and moves on to the fridge to pour herself a glass of water. But it comes out dark and putrid smelling. She moves to set it in the sink to look at later and steps in a puddle.

It had a metallic scent to it.

She froze and her heartbeat started to race when she noticed the foot prints leading away from it. “Guys? This isn’t funny” She let her voice tremble a little as she walked back towards the living room. Yoongi was still sleeping. She shook her head, boy could sleep through anything. She stripped her clothes and set them in a neat pile next to the couch.

There was a groan of pain somewhere and she smirked ‘7 can play this game’ she shifted into her fox form and rolled around in one of the puddles of blood before searching for the others. She found two under one of the bigger beds.

Shaye snuck in between the “Stop touching me.” Jungkook complained.

“I’m not touching you.”

“Then who” he reached out a  hand but felt nothing but wetness “That’s not funny” he could’ve sworn neither of them brought extra blood with them.

Still in fox form, Shaye projected a wispy voice as she chucked “Who said it was supposed to be?” The boys locked eyes before they scrambled out from under the bed.

Shaye waited a bit before she teleported to another room she knew would be empty and made her presence known before throwing a voice to another part of the house. “I can hear you and I’m coming for you.”

In her own voice she whimpered “Guys this isn’t funny anymore.” She let out a terrified scream before hiding herself again and moving on to find the other four.

She found Jimin next. He was sitting in a corner with his face buried in his knees. Her heart softened and she ruffled his hair, kneeling in front of him. “It’s just me, but don’t open your eyes just yet. It’ll be alright, go find Yoongi in the living room.” She told him softly before moving on.

She found Jin and Hoseok in the office “This isn’t how this was supposed to go.”

“No kidding. How are we supposed to signal a surrender?” Shaye sat on the ceiling and let a few drops of blood drip down on them. They both slowly looked up and Hosek was suddenly in Jin’s arms.

“It ends when the lights come on” she had a twisted grin on her face. Jin dropped Hoseok and they took off for the breaker.

She landed on her feet giggling down the hall. She jumped ever so slightly when a pair of arms wrapped around her waist “Got you.”

She smirked before making him see her head turn fully towards him with a deranged look on her face. “Nope, I got you.” Namjoon shouted in shock but refused to let her go. And then the lights came back on and he saw that her neck wasn’t twisted. She turned in his arms and kissed him on the lips “That was fun. I’m gonna go shower.”

---

“Why didn’t you warn us?” The boys joined Yoongi at the table in the kitchen.

“I said it wasn’t going to work.”

“No… you didn’t” Jimin pointed out.

“Oh” Yoongi shrugged “Sorry.” Yoongi looked around the table and started chuckling.

“It’s not funny.”

“It kind of is. Ya’ll forgot that she’s not just a fox she’s a trickster.”

Shaye came downstairs wearing a sports bra and basketball shorts. She joined them at the table, choosing to sit with NamJoon.

“We are never doing that again” Jin muttered looking around at the mess that still needed to be cleaned up.

“I dunno, it was kind of fun.”

“Yeah for you maybe” Jimin pouted and Shaye reached out to ruffle his hair.

“I’m surprised that you and Hoseok joined in. Why were ya’ll trying to scare me anyways?”

“You fell asleep during the movie and we wanted to see what would scare you” Taehyung explained.

Shaye leaded back when NamJoon slightly tightened his arms around her waist. “Okay, well one: Yoongi was asleep on the couch. You should’ve taken that as a hint to not try it. And two: none of that stuff scares me.”

“How?”

Shaye shrugged “It just doesn’t get to me. Ah, yeah. Gore doesn’t bother me either. And if you think back on it; this is a house full of wolves. And Yoongi and I were asleep on the couch. Had anything actually happened we would’ve been the first to die.”

Jin scrunched his nose “You have a morbid way of thinking.”

Shaye shook her head. “Not so much morbid as logical: this time. But I agree with you from earlier.”

“And what was that?”

“As fun as it was, let’s not do that again.” She raised her eyebrows.

“Could’ve been worse” Yoongi nudged her and she smirked back.

“I believe you mean it could have been better. But I wouldn’t do that to them.”

Everyone froze except for Taehyung who had a look of excitement in his eyes “You mean she gets scarier?”

Yoongi nodded. Jimin and Hoseok briefly shared a look before turning back to the rest “Tae, no.”

Taehyung rolled his eyes and sighed “Alright.”

Shaye’s head started to lull. She froze when she realized it was because NamJoon was drawing circles on her sides.

“What’s wrong?” he asked softly, arms tightening a little. She closed her eyes for a moment to focus her mind.

“Can you stop for a moment, I’m having trouble concentrating. And I need to ask something.”

He paused his fingers “Ask away” a smirk evident in his voice.

One glance around the table showed some of the others failing to keep their faces straight as well. “Can someone come with me to Japan tomorrow? I need a couple of things I can’t find here.”

“I’ll go” Namjoon rested his chin on her shoulder.

“You can’t, you have a meeting.”

He pouted “If I have a meeting then you have a meeting” he poked her side.

“I already checked” she shook her head “They don’t need me this time.”

“Alright then, can I go with you?” Jimin asked.

“Sure” She smiled at him.

“So what exactly are you getting?”

Shaye shrugged in response to Jin’s question and NamJoon pinched her side for it. “You’ll see when we get back.”

“So it’s illegal then.”

She pointed at Jungkook “I didn’t say that. It’s just not the easiest to obtain. We might come back empty handed.”

Yoongi huffed “As long as its empty handed and not handless. They’ll be fine.” He knew where she was going. And was trying to reassure the others that it’d be fine. Even though she wasn’t asking for permission. He was just glad that she asked for someone to go with her.

---

-Later the next day-

They exited the building and Shaye reached up to ruffle Jimin’s hair. “See, that wasn’t so bad. And it wasn’t even the black market like most of you probably assumed.”

“Yeah but they didn’t have something you were looking for. You’re trying to hide your disappointment.” He lifted the bag he was carrying “What’s all of this for anyway?”

“Many things. A door being one of them” she muttered.

Jimin moved in front of her “I thought we all agreed that wasn’t a good idea.”

Shaye matched his gaze “It’s not like I’m building it in the house or right in the yard. But we do need one reasonably nearby. Especially with how things are changing. And unlike my brothers I actually know how to secure things properly.” She sighed “Look Yoongi probably knows exactly what I’m doing. I just need to keep it quiet from Jin and NamJoon a little longer, please.”

“Alright fine.” He rolled his eyes “Can we go home now?”

“Sure.” They turn in search of a secluded space.

When a voice called out to them “Well if it isn’t little Red.”

Shaye swore under her breath before turning around. “Leave me alone, Ten. We were just leaving.”

He took a deep breath as he studied her. “It’s a shame none of the scars stuck. Oh well maybe next time.” He his lips and Shaye gripped Jimin’s hand to keep him still.

“You won’t get to lay a hand on me again to do that kind of damage.”

He shrugged and swayed flippantly in a single smooth motion as he rolled his eyes. “We’ll see. By the way you wouldn’t happen to know where my precious sibling is hiding now would you?”

“Yeah about that.” She smiled viciously as her eyes glowed purple. “This is the only warning you’re going to get. Raven is now a part of my pack. If you come anywhere near them or the pack with the intent to harm or kill. You will die. If you somehow manage to hurt Raven or anyone in the pack you will die. Whether it’s of my hands or another pack member so be it. There’s no point in trying to kill Raven anyways. Because even in you were to succeed you still gain nothing. Not even the place as your father’s heir.”

His face darkened “You’ll regret this.”

“I doubt it.”

He smirked “I’ll be your worst nightmare.”

It was her turn to smirk “Honey, that will never happen again” she eyed him as he shook where he stood.

“How? Where is that energy coming from? You didn’t have it before.”

“As if I would tell you that” she huffed “Just be a good boy and run home to your mother. Make sure you tell her my warning as it includes her and anyone you might send.” She flicked her fingers spinning him in the direction he came from.

---

“Well that’ll have an interesting fall out” Shaye commented when they arrived home.

“How so?”

“I might not have touched him but I definitely bruised his ego.”

“What happened?” Taehyung asked bringing Shaye and Jimin’s attention to the living room where the others were sans NamJoon who was still at the meeting.

“We ran into Raven’s brother, Ten.” Jimin started to explain before turning to Shaye “Is his name really Ten?”

Shaye blinked up at him. “No, it’s not. However that’s the only name you need to know of his.”

“So do you know his real name?” Jungkook walked towards them, his curiosity piqued.

“Yes” her voice was tight “But I’m not going to tell you. And before you ask” She stopped his advance with a hand on his chest. “Names hold power. Especially with fae. Unfortunately saying his true name in his presence gives him full control over you.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, now if you’ll excuse me. I got a weird text from Arren while we were out. Something about space pirates? Which is fine, I need to make a trip there anyways. Japan didn’t have everything I needed.” She reached for the bag Jimin was holding.

He moved it out of her reach “What was he talking about, saying that the scars didn’t stick?” Shaye visibly deflated in front of them and Taehyung gently pulled her over to sit between him and Hoseok. “What is he talking about?”

“Shouldn’t we talk about this when NamJoon is here as well?”

“We’ll fill him in, now spill.” Shaye sighed and started at Yoongi. He nodded for her to go on. He knew they weren’t going to like what she was about to say. But it was a part of her story and they needed to hear it.

“It was the last time I worked with Raven on something. There was a surprise attempt on Their life. In the midst of the fight Raven took off and left me for dead with their brother. He tortured me for information on where Raven could’ve gone and especially loved cutting into me and occasionally leaving burns.”

Hoseok had pulled her onto his lap while she spoke. “Is that why you and Raven can’t be around each other for long?”

She couldn’t help herself but to curl into his embrace as everyone watched her. “No, that’s why I don’t trust Raven with my life. The reason we can’t be around each other for long is we either; get along too well and cause trouble or we try to kill each other. Our natures are just that conflicting. It’s a wonder Maru still talks with us let alone works with us with all the we’ve put him through. Anyways, running into Ten means I really need to finish that house up. And hey, space pirates.” Shaye stood up “So who wants to come with to see the others?”

“You’re serious about the space pirates?” Jin asked and she tossed him her phone

“I don’t know if they're a thing, but I have no reason to make that one up.”

 


 

I don't even know where to start with this chapter...

Anyways I hope ya'll liked it for the most part.

Also I hope everyone is doing well. Whether you're in the US or somewhere else in the world and whether life is throwing at you or not. I wish you all a good rest of your week. 

Until next time.

- Fayt