Ch. 34

Red

“Wake up already.”

Shaye could practically hear the person roll their eyes. She opened her eyes and immediately shoved Raven away with more force than necessary causing them to fly across the room.

“What was that for?!”

Shaye gave them a pointed look “You would’ve done the same thing had you woken up to my face hovering above yours.”

Raven picked themselves off the floor “Would you just shut up and drink the tea Kyungsoo made for you.” Shaye stared at the steaming cup on the nightstand. Raven sighed “There’s a fresh pot of paint thinner downstairs but I was given explicit instructions that you needed to drink that first. Now hurry up so we can get this meeting over with.”

“I will never understand what you have against coffee. It’s better than that cough medicine tastin’ you call an energy drink.” She fired back before downing the tea. “Of everyone here, why’d they send you up to get me?”

Raven scratched their neck and shrugged “I was getting bored…”

Shaye sighed “You better not have lied about that coffee.”

Somethings coming. The two froze near the top of the stairs, and shook their heads refusing to look at each other. “Not today” Shaye muttered as she moved down the stairs first. Yongguk, met them at the bottom of the stairs with a mug of coffee held out for Shaye. He moved it out of her reach when she reached for it.

Her face fell slightly as he looked at her expectantly “You can keep it, I’ll get my own.”

“It’s the last mug.”

Shaye glanced at Raven who was still standing next to her. “Yongguk hyung is funny” she turned back to him “Raven said that under Kyungsoo’s orders that I could have coffee if I drank the tea. But I guess it’s okay if you keep it, just don’t let it go to waste.” Sullenly she moved to the gathering in the living room and chose to sit with NamJoon on his lap.

He wrapped an arm around her waist as she seemed to melt into him. “We told him it wasn’t going to work” he spoke to her softly as he leaned over to the side table to hand her the full mug of coffee that was sitting there. She took a sip with both hands wrapped around it “Hmmm, thank you” she closed her eyes in content.

“It’s not fair.” Shaye nearly choked at hearing the forlorn tone in Yongguk’s voice.

“What do you mean it’s not fair? We’ve been over this. She doesn’t call anyone oppa, not her brothers nor her mates. You’ll just have to wait until Yongnam or Chanyeol find their mates.”

“But who knows when that’s going to happen!” he cried out.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “I’m sure Shaye didn’t call us all here to discuss whether or not she’ll call anyone oppa. Can we please get on with the meeting now that everyone is here?”

“Thank you” NamJoon slipped the mug from her hand. “Alright then” Shaye stood so she could travel around the room as she spoke. “As some of you may know I met with Uncle almost a week ago now. And for those who don’t know, Uncle is Raven’s father: One of the fae leaders.”

She raised a hand slightly “Before you ask: Yes I know his name and no I will not tell you what it is. If you ever have the pleasure of talking with him you can address him as Uncle, sir or his title. Anyways I asked you all here for you opinions. He requested to become allies with the pack.”

“Why would he do that?” Suho asked curiously.

Shaye looked to Hoseok who stood and offered his spot to her. She gladly took it and he continued on for her. “He wishes to show its possible to live in peace between the fae and non fae. And there’s also the fact that having Shaye and the pack as a whole as allies might help keep the dark fae in check. So what do you think?”

“If it will help keep relations between the races peaceful then I don’t see why not” Kris threw out and Suho nodded.

“Things are stirring up, they could be a valuable asset” Jungkook spoke.

“I take it you trust this fae leader?” Yongnam turned to Shaye.

She dipped her head in agreement “He’s one of the two that I actually trust. I just didn’t want to agree to it without consulting the rest of you first.”

“I’ve got a question” Jungup rose from his seat next to Daehyun “Our generation for the most part have only known peace with the fae of this region. How is teaming up with Shaye noona and the rest of us supposed to help the other regions?”

Raven rolled their eyes “Shaye has worked all over and has never had a run in with another fae that wasn’t under my brother’s orders. Father seems to think the others are…’wise’ enough to fear Shaye due to her lineage. Honestly I think they leave her alone because she’s not a wolf but hey.” They caught the pillow Shaye had chucked at them.

“Do you think we should agree or not?”

“It’s your decision, Captain.” Raven motioned to the rest of the room “We’re just along for the ride.”

Shaye sighed “I know I have the final say but he’s your father. If even a small part of you is saying not to do it because it’s a bad idea. Then I won’t do it.”

Raven tossed their head back in a dramatic flair of rolling their eyes. “I can’t believe you’re even contemplating that with what’s coming. Yes! It’s a good idea. Okay? Go through with it!”

“Thank you” Shaye mock curtsied.

“How is it so easy for you to get a reaction like that out of Raven. But I can’t get you to call us oppa.”

Shaye blinked at him before shifting her weight to one leg and lifting a finger to poke her cheek “Because Yongguk-ie” she started in a cutesy voice and everyone’s jaws dropped including Yoongi who hasn’t seen her act cut since they were little. “You are you and I am me. Which means different tactics and” she dropped the act, crossing her arms “You should give up and wait until your other brothers find mates because I don’t use that word. Okay? Yongguk-ie…hyung” she arched an eyebrow.

Yongguk just pointed at her “You make absolutely no sense.”

“But ya love me anyways” she replied cheekily before Hoseok and Yoongi pulled her down to them on the couch.

Yongguk smirked “Well then all in favor of the captain agreeing to the alliance with Raven’s father say aye.”

“Aye.” “Aye!” the room called out. Shaye momentarily buried her face in Yoongi’s shoulder before disentangling herself from him and Hoseok to stand and face Yongguk and the rest of the room.

“Listen here. Just because I prefer being called captain than Alpha does not mean I’m running a pirate ship.”

“But you’ve already fought pirates.” Chanyeol and Baekhyun pointed out. “They’ve got a point.”

Shaye waved them off before sitting with Yoongi and Hoseok again “Whatever. Do what ya want.”

Suddenly half the room raised a fist to the air “Do what you want cause a pirate is free! You are a pirate!” After a brief moment of silence Shaye burst out laughing. While the older members looked on with disbelief as Tao, Kai, Sehun, Junhong, Jongup, Tae, Jimin, and Jungkook started dancing around the room as they sung the pirate song.

“How do you all know that song?” Baekhyun asked as he and the rest of the older guys watched on in amusement.

“You don’t want to know” Shaye groaned into Yoongi’s arm having had enough of the pirate silliness.

“Let’s order pizza” Kris suggested moving the topic away from pirates.

“Who’s payin’ for it?”

“Suho and I will this time.”

“Cool” Shaye shrugged “Well then, why don’t you call it in and Tae, Kai and I can go pick it up. Save you a bit of money that way.”

NamJoon locked eyes with her from across the room, they’ve both been on edge for the last day or two and are surprised the rest of their pack hasn’t said anything about it. “Are you sure” he asked and she quirked a brow. “It’ll be fine and I need air.”

“What’s going on?” Hoseok poked her side.

“Nothing, yet” She kissed his cheek before standing “Shall we?” She looked to Tae and Kai who nodded and the three of them disappeared from the room.

Jin looked at NamJoon “What was that about?”

“Nothing to worry about, yet. And it might be nothing at all.”

Twenty minutes later a stack of pizza boxes appeared in the middle of the living room followed shortly by Kai and Taehyung without Shaye.

“What happened?” Kris asked only to be ignored as Tae shoved at Kai’s shoulder “Why did you stop me” his voice was dangerously low.

Kai just stood there taking the assault “One” it’s dangerous and two” I recognized the energy signature of the being who changed Shaye’s course.” He spoke calmly “She’ll be fine, it was aunt Jo.”

Looks were shared around the room, what could Jo ‘family or not’ Coyote need with Shaye?

“Cause that makes things so much better” Jungkook scoffed from his place on the floor.

“Although she’s The trickster. Unless we’ve done something to deserve it. Jo won’t turn against family. She’s in god hands” Tao explained as he came to stand next to Tae and Kai.

“Is this what you were talking about earlier?” Jin stared Namjoon down.

“Yes, at least I think so.”

“What do you mean, ‘think so’.”

“She mentioned having the feeling that someone needed to talk to her. She didn’t know who or when it would happen. Just that it’d probably be a time sensitive thing and not to worry too much unless she’s gone for more than a week.”

“So what are we supposed to do now?” Jungkook asked.

Yoongi shrugged “Eat the pizza and go back to our respective homes like nothing’s changed. We research what we can for the prophecy. That way we have a place to start when she comes home” he stated with finality knowing it did no good to worry at the time.

“I’m good with that” Chen grabbed plates, breaking the last bit of tension before everyone started digging in.

---

Shaye held her head as she leaned against the wall of a dimly lit hallway “There’s a reason we don’t travel like that” she growled lowly. She rolled her eyes when she didn’t get a reply.

She looked down to find that someone had swapped her clothes out for a simple white dress. “You’ve got to be kidding me” She swore under her breath. To her knowledge she had never worn a dress in her life. And she didn’t care how important the beings were that she was about to meet, but she wasn’t going to start wearing them now.

With a snap of her fingers she exchanged the dress for one of her favorite ‘work’ outfit’s; A red and black cowl neck hoodie with a black knee length jacket. Finished off with a pair of black jeans, boots and black leather hand wraps. “Well this should be interesting” she rolled her sleeves up, and raised her hood as she followed the hallway down to the only door she could see.

Thanks to the hood she was able to take in the room’s initial reaction to her rather than fight off the temporary blindness the bright lights of the room should’ve caused. At least half of the room didn’t seem to know who she was or why she was even there. One thing she knew for sure was that they were all vastly older than her. Even so she bit her lip to keep from laughing. These were all powerful beings and she could feel all but two maybe three who were trying to suppress or hide their power and failing miserably if the buzzing sensation in the air was anything to go by.

She knew for a fact that anyone in the room who didn’t already know who she was wouldn’t be able to tell that she was anything more than a human.

‘Is that thing mocking us?’

She kept completely still as not to give any indication that she heard them. She glanced up, catching her aunt’s eye who was at the main table in front of her with four others.

“State your name and position for the records.”

Shaye bowed politely as her attention was brought to the being in the middle. She smirked briefly as she couldn’t feel him at all. “With all due respect, I know of your records and I would very much like to keep in charge of my own person, and there for will be keeping my name to myself. But” she raised her voice over the horrified murmurs of the crowd. “For the necessity of your records I will supply this: I am Red, the Alpha of the Lotus clan. May I know why I’m here?”

“First can you give us some insight as to why your clan works together?”

“Okay…” she tucked both hands into her pockets “Permission to speak freely?” The head nodded. “Now that more of you seem to be aware of who I am. It’s my understanding that there are some who may not be happy that our clan is made up of multiple packs from different dimensions. May I remind anyone who needs it that we are not in violation of any divine rules. I’d also like to point out that we don’t mess with time travel,”

She tilted her head with a slight shrug “Well not purposely. We simply travel between dimensions for family gatherings and work. Which honestly doesn’t happen as much as you probably think. As many of you do and don’t know we have a tendency to clean up what gets missed without being asked to. And we won’t stop even if you ask. We don’t kill and everything is done within ‘legal’ parameters. Now” she moved her hood back slightly as she made a show of looking at everyone in the room. “May I ask again why I was brought here today?”

The head folded his hands on the table “We brought you here today because many of us believe it or not approve of what you are doing and would’ve left you alone. But some were curious.”

“Oh” her eyebrows rose, sensing there was more she sought out Jo’s gaze until she nodded at the head of the council who dismissed everyone but her aunt and two others.

“You may speak your mind.”

Shaye carded a hand through her hair, helping the hood to fall off the rest of the way. “One” she waved her hand around the room “They’re all centuries plus old right? And not a single one can suppress their power properly?”

Jo burst out laughing “They have gotten lazy in their age. Not everyone was here today. Trust me they’re not all like that.”

“The sad thing is I could feel them trying. Anyways was this an introductory meeting or a plea for help?”

“Both.”

“Okay… and what am I or we supposed to do to help you? We’re so little compared to those of you who reside in the elsewhere.”

“You will watch your tone” the man at the other end of the table spoke up.

Shaye watched him out of the corner of her eye “Or what?”

She didn’t let her face react as the woman next to him held him in place with a hand on his chest “Excuse his temper he is the son of a demon and very loyal to the son of Weneg.”

“Wouldn’t that make him a demon…” she shook her head “There’s nothing to excuse.”

“How much do you know?” The head asked. Jo shifted just so causing Shaye to reign in her sarcastic remark.

“Just that something had been released and there’s a possibility of losing two dimensions this time.”

“Yes, unfortunately the fates have been released by a now former member of this council. Many of our hands are tied in this situation. I’m hoping that you and yours would be able to aide us in putting them back.”

Shaye crossed her arms “Alright for the sake of this conversation let’s say it is the fates that destroyed a dimension.”

“They did” demon boy growled.

“If your so called divine intervention can’t put them away again what makes you think that we can? Especially after councilperson chuckles couldn’t keep their ears shut and released them?”

“Young blood” the woman next to the ‘demon boy’ spoke.

Shaye huffed “You’re banking the fate of multiple worlds on the fact that we’re younger than you?”

“Careful now. It’s not just that you’re younger. You also have more freedom than any of us at the moment.” The council head explained.

“Okay” She nodded “Honestly I don’t know if we’d be able to put them back. And if we try to, just know that it’s not because it was asked of us. There’s a lot of in the world that doesn’t mean an entire world and more need to disappear because some vengeful deities got bored. Give us some time to think over stuff.”

She straightened to her full height (which wasn’t much) “Seeing as several of us have heard the whisperings.” She rolled her eyes “Not to mention spewing prophetic bs” Her eyes flashed back up to them. “Just know that if we choose to dabble in these matters that its not for your sake but for the lives of many.”

“Are you done?”

“Nope.” She popped the ‘p’ as she turned to her aunt “May I go? The others are probably wondering where I am.”

Jo nodded.

“Wait before you go you should know that even though many of our hands are tied with this matter. That if you need information or help of any kind. We will do our best to provide them.”

Shaye nodded to him before glancing at her aunt. “Loopholes?”

“Loopholes.” They shared a smirk as she walked out the door.

---

“I like her and I see why you had the others leave. They might want them on the council sooner or later but most of them can’t be trusted with the knowledge that she knows what she does. Also that attitude will get her in trouble someday.”

The council head chuckled at that “Her attitude is similar to Jo’s. I think she’ll be fine.”

Jo nodded “She certainly does have my attitude. However Chen takes after my brother more and the other two are a bit of a mix. Thank you for not denying them help. It is after all our problem and its only theirs now because their lives and others depend on it.”

His eyebrows shot up “Yeah I’d rather not live under your wrath again, thank you very much.”

“Wait, what?” the other two blinked.

“Nothing.”

Kal snaps her fingers “I thought her line died out.”

“That doesn’t appear to be the case.”

They all look to Jo “Did you know?”

She shrugged “She’s my niece, I kind of make it a habit to know these things. However that information does not leave this room.”

“She’s right.”

---

“So where’d you end up?” Namjoon had been waiting for her as he rested against one of the trees when Shaye crossed through the doorway.

“How?”

He shrugged with his hands in his pocket “We followed Jungkook out here a couple days ago. He had a feeling you’d come back through here, so we’ve been taking turns waiting.”

“So you’re not upset about the door?” she glanced at him.

“Nope. So…” he nudged her.

“Oh yeah, sorry. Council meeting in the elsewhere.” She muttered as they trekked back to the house.

NamJoon ran in front of her and made her stop. “Everything alright?”

She blinked as she looked up at him “Yeah sorry, a lot on my mind right now. I’ll fill you in with the rest at the house.” She sighed “I still don’t know how you guys talked me into being head Alpha of our group for both dimensions.”

“Yes you do.”

“Ezra” they spoke together.

“Remind me to return the favor one day.”

“It’s not like you don’t have the mind set for it. What I don’t understand is how you built a doorway out in the woods on your own.”

“Back to that are we?”

He nodded.

“Well I can’t take full credit. Either way you wouldn’t have stopped me, we needed one close by and I wasn’t going to put it in the house.”

“Another reason you are Alpha oh Captain my-” Shaye rolled her eyes as she covered his mouth, “I am first your mate, Captain, Alpha whatever comes last. Here in this house you are the Alpha of this pack and that includes me.”

He stared down at her “I could kiss you.”

“Too late” she said right as the front door opened and she was pulled inside. Her hands landed on Jin’s chest “Hi” she bit her lip as she looked up at him.

He dipped his head to kiss her briefly “Welcome back.”

“Shaye’s home!” Her eyes widened slightly at the stampede of feet “Don’t” Jin warned her before he ended up under the pile of limbs on the floor.

Shaye who was now standing near the living room was trying not to laugh out loud. “Got you” she jumped when Yoongi spoke next to her ear.

“Hey” she turned into his embrace.

“Three days.” He answered her silent question.

“Not bad, thought I’d be gone a little longer.”

“You can’t just disappear like that” Jimin wrapped his arms around her from behind effectively sandwiching her with Yoongi.

“It’s not like I plan these things.” She reached behind her to ruffle his hair.

Jungkook and Hoseok pulled her away to sit with them and Taehyung on the couch. She was immediately pulled on to Tae’s lap, where he wrapped his arms around her waist with no intentions of letting go anytime soon.

“Hey” she buried her face in the crook of his neck quietly apologizing for suddenly disappearing on him like she did.

“What with these clothes?” Jungkook ran a hand over her legs.

“Why, don’t like them?” she muttered.

“No, they’re hot and not your brother’s.”

“Ah. Someone- what are you doing?” Taehyung was trying to help Hoseok remove her jacket.

“Aren’t you warm?”

“No…” she complied with removing her arms from the sleeves. She ignored the sudden chill on her back as it was now bare due to the cutout of the hoodie. “Anyways some smartass decided that the clothes I had on weren’t good enough so they replaced them with a simple white dress and hell no was I going to walk into a room full of people wearing that. So I changed into something I’d wear during active missions.”

“Do you normally war cutouts on missions?” Her back went straight when she felt Hoseok’s lips on her markings.

“No…” she strangled out “I think you have my aunt to thank for that.”

“So what happened with the council?” NamJoon asked.

“What council? There isn’t a council.”

“Yeah well apparently there is” Shaye turned so that her back was flush with Tae’s chest so she could be free of distractions for a bit. “I was just there.” She laughed “What’s more fitting than a council of gods to watch over all of the dimensions?”

“So what did they want?”

“An introduction and help with what’s coming as their ‘hands are tied’.”

“You mean the stuff we’ve already been working on?”

“Yep.” She snapped her fingers “Speaking of which-”

Tae covered with his hand “Suga hyung had everyone doing research while you were gone.” He pulled his hand away and wiped it on her cheek after she it.

“Alright, I’m back. Tell me what ya got.”

“Nope” Yoongi walked toward her.

“No?” she arched an eyebrow.

“No.” Tae released his grip on her waist so Yoongi could put her over his shoulder.

“Put me down.”

“Nope” he smacked her .

“Was that necessary?”

“Absolutely” he replied as the rest chuckled. “Its late-”

“The sun hasn’t even fully set yet!”

“You’ve technically been up for three days, that’s going to catch up to you real quick now that you’re back in regular time. We’ll call an all pack meeting after you wake up” he set her down on her bed and started to remove her boots.

“Fine” she said through a yawn.

He set her boots at the foot of her bed. She was already zonked out when he turned back to her. “Told you so,” he shook his head as he pulled an extra blanket over her.

---

Shaye slept for a day and a half. There was coffee waiting for her. As promised the guys had called a meeting of the packs. Ezra decided it was their turn to host, which meant they were going to travel via the doorway at the tree. They were just waiting for Shaye to be ready so they could go.

On the way to the doorway she falls back and pauses as she focuses on something in the trees. She couldn’t help the feeling of being watched.

A small smile graces her lips. “These are my people, my family. I will protect them as they will me. And for all the I’ve been through in this life I wouldn’t change a thing. Well” She smirked to herself “Maybe the part about being an Alpha.”

Yoongi wraps his arms around her “Who are you talking to?”

She turned to face him with a playful glint in her eyes “Don’t worry about it.” She takes his hand “Come on, we’re gonna be late.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: Alright, this is the end for now. I do have ideas for continuing if ya’ll are interested in reading more. If you are and if I can make it work the way I want it to then I’ll just keep posting new chapters right here instead of starting a separate story. Please let me know what you think. Thank you so much for reading to this point, I hope you’ve enjoyed the story.

Until next time

-Fayt

 

pirate song