What's black and white and red all over?

Red

“So, do you guys have a computer, I’d like to check something.”

“Do we!”

“I think that can wait till tomorrow.” Jungkook and Hoseok visibly deflated.

“Why don’t we find something to eat and call it a night?” The boys all nodded and made their way to the kitchen.

Shaye felt a tap on her shoulder. Yoongi tilted his head and she followed him upstairs. “You can sleep in my room tonight and we’ll clean the guest room up tomorrow.”

“The couch will be fine.” He shook his head “Already called it.” Shaye crossed her arms “I am not kicking you out of your room.”

“Fine I’ll take the floor.” This time she rolled her eyes “Or your bed.”

“But-”

“But nothing.” She looked around his room, coming to a stop in front of a desk with a small smile on her lips. “You still have pictures of us from when we were younger.”

“Yeah” he replied, his voice as soft as hers.

“I wasn’t sure if there were any copies left.”

He touched her shoulder “What do you mean?”

“That Jerk tore mine up. Mom might have a copy hidden somewhere, but that doesn’t do me any good.” She touched one of the pictures before turning to face him “I’m hungry, are you hungry? We should probably join the others.”

Yoongi watched her “Shaye…”

She shrugged walking past him “What?” She grabbed his hat and took off for the kitchen “Hey!” she came to a full stop in the doorway of the dining room “Uh, Tae catch!” She sat in an empty seat next to Jin right as Yoongi entered the room.

“What took you two so long?” Hoseok grinned.

“Where’s my hat?”

“Just had a small trip down memory lane, and I’ll give it back after dinner.” She told him as he sat across from her.

“You don’t even have it anymore, you gave it to Taehyung.”

“Wait, is Shaye the girl from your photos?”

NamJoon pointed at Jimin “Noona” reminding him of his manners.

“Yes, I’m the girl and just Shaye is fine. I’m not used to being called noona so…”she shrugged.

“And what makes you think I don’t still have your hat?” she snapped her fingers with a playful glint in her eyes and it appeared on her head.

“Um… I thought Shaye noona was human?” Jungkook questioned in awe.

“I am-She is” Shaye and Yoongi answered together.

“Then…” Jungkook just shook his head.

“So… Can we ask why those guys were after Shaye now?”

She bit her lip. “I think that can wait till tomorrow as well” NamJoon intervened. “No, it’s alright” she pushed her plate away. “If you don’t mind that is?” not wanting to undermine an Alpha.

“If you really want to, then by all means” he waved his hand.

She bit her lip again and looked at Yoongi who already knew the story and what happened for the most part. He gave her a reassuring nod. “For all intents and purposes they think I killed my step dad.”

“Start from the beginning.”

“Do I have to?”

Please, it’ll help us understand” NamJoon encouraged.

“Alright” she sighed “Do you remember how my blood has healing properties?” They nodded “Well in the wrong hands I can be weaponized and I say I because they need me along with my blood to do it. He found out what my blood could do and wanted to use it to his advantage, which meant that I couldn’t hang out with Yoongi anymore. And I was going to be forced to marry someone of his choice so he could keep control over me. Mom found out all of his plans and just couldn’t take it anymore. I came home from class to see mom standing over his body and blood everywhere. I cleaned her up the best I could and told her to run.”

“You took the fall” Jin said quietly.

“Yes I did” she straightened her shoulder. “He was selfish so as far as I know no one else knew about my blood and I destroyed his lab. So they’re only after me because they think I killed him.”

“Why weren’t you ever arrested for it?”

She turned to Taehyung “The police have never liked his family and no amount of money from them is enough to bribe them. Also…” she paused staring into space. “What?” She felt a nudge under the table “My dad… whoever he is/was apparently has friends on the force.”

“Have you ever met your father?” Hoseok shoved Jimin’s shoulder.

She shook her head “I don’t even know if he’s still alive. Mom never confirmed either way.”

 “So… do you know where your mom is?” Jungkook asked. Shaye nodded. “Do you ever visit her?”

“Nope, too dangerous.”

“For you or her?”

“Her” she yawned.

“That’s enough for tonight” Yoongi stood up. Shaye stood; plate in hand. Jin gently took it from her hand. “It’s Jimin and Taehyung’s turn to do dishes tonight.”

“Alright” she shrugged before heading upstairs.

“Stay out of the top drawer!” Yoongi called after her.

“You don’t keep your underwear or anything in the top drawer.” Jimin commented.

“You’re right” Shaye chimed in “But that is where he keeps his favorite shirts. Always has” she smirked.

By the time Yoongi made it to his room, Shaye had already changed into one of his shirts and was asleep, leaving half of the bed open for him. The jersey she had picked had slid down one of her shoulders revealing a rather nasty scar right where their mark was supposed to be. He stormed out of the house to the back yard where he started hitting a tree until his knuckles bled and then some. NamJoon and Jin ran out and pulled him away from the tree.

“What happened?”

Yoongi took a deep breath and pulled away from the two. “If that man wasn’t already dead I would kill him myself.”

“Again, what happened?”

“Of the skin you could see, have you seen any scars, even tiny ones?” They shook their heads. “I can’t fully explain why at the moment but she never scars. He did something to her that left a scar on the back of her shoulder.”

“Right where the mark is supposed to go?” NamJoon asked.

“Yes, but that’s not why I’m upset. He hurt her to the point of scarring.”

“What’s done is done” NamJoon patted his shoulder “We’ll figure something out. Now how about we clean your hands up before the skin starts healing over the bits of bark that you’ve embedded in them.” Yoongi nodded and followed them into the kitchen.

Yoongi sat at the table and Jin went to grab the first aid kit. But it was Shaye who sat next to him and started picking out pieces of tree from his hands. “It was a tracking device” she said after a while, breaking the silence. He went to clench his fists be she grabbed his wrists “Don’t do that.” She finished cleaning his cuts up. “I took it out, that’s why it’s a mess.” She rested her forehead on his shoulder. “Think I hit some nerves or something, cause it still hurts every now and again. You might not be able to see it but the mark is still there” she said softly.

“How do you know?”

She sat up and looked him in the eye “I can feel it.”

He just nodded. “I thought you were sleeping, you should sleep.”

“So should you.” She stood up and swayed. “Put me down.”

“No. You’re asleep on your feet.”

“But your hands.”

“They’ll heal.”

Jin and NamJoon shook their heads as the two left the room. “I thought they haven’t actually mated yet?” Jin smacked the younger’s head “And you’re the Alpha.” He shook his head “The mark can appear when mates have found and/or accepted each other.”

NamJoon rubbed his head “Right, my mom might have said something about that.”

---

Yoongi sensed her heart beat increase rapidly and was ready for when Shaye sat up in a panic ready for a fight. He held her tight and turned her to face him. “Hey. You’re safe. Okay?”

She took a deep calming breath before nodding and falling back on the bed, burrowing back under the blankets. “Sorry.”

He pulled the blankets down some “It’s alright.”

“No its really not” She sat back up and he rubbed her shoulders before placing a kiss over the scar. “It will be alright.” She nodded “Fine, what time is it anyways?”

“8:30am” She groaned and started falling back but he stopped her “You’re awake anyways may as well grab a shower if you want one while there’s still hot water.”

“Fine.” They both got up and he threw a towel at her and told her where the nearest bathroom was.

She passed Hoseok on the way there. “Morning red.” She froze and slowly turned towards him “What?”

“Ugh… morning” he gave her a little wave.

“I got that bit. Why’d you call me Red?” She watched him carefully.

“Oh that, because of the red streak in your hair” he shrugged.

She tilted her head forward letting her hair fall over her eyes. “I forgot about that.”

He chuckled “You’re not fully awake yet are you?” She groaned and leaned her head on the wall “No. Kinda had a shaky start this morning and Yoongi said since I was up I should take a shower if I wanted one with hot water. I would much rather go back to bed.”

“Well he’s not wrong” Hoseok took her by the shoulders and turned her in the direction of the bathroom. Breakfast rolled around and everyone found Shaye asleep at the table. Taehyung Jungkook raced to get the seats on either side of her. Taehyung tried shaking her awake but she wouldn’t budge. “Uh Suga, is Shaye okay?”

Yoongi rolled his eyes as he place a cup of coffee in front of her “She’ll be fine, she was just up later than she should’ve been.”

“Don’t-” Jin winced.

“Can I have some more?” Shaye was now sitting up with an empty cup in front of her. “That, that was fresh coffee. Didn’t it burn?” She shook her head. “Let me see” She blinked at him “What?”

“Please stick out your tongue.”

“No. I’m fine.” She stood and found the pot of coffee.  She rejoined them at the table and took the time to savor her second cup.

“So who gets to take Noona shopping?” Jimin asks as Shaye chokes on her breakfast “What?” Taehyung handed her a glass of water asking if she’s alright. She nods in answer before turning back to the rest waiting for someone to answer her question. “You need clothes and stuff for here” NamJoon answered.

She shook a bit frustrated, “I have things. I just need to check if it’s safe to get them.” Yoongi sighed “You can use the computer when we get back from the store.” S

he groaned, not understanding why he was being like this. Out of everyone in the room, he is the one who knows how crucial it was for her o get on a computer. “I’m not going anywhere without checking things. At the moment I’m a sitting duck. Take me anywhere outside of this house without letting me check things I’ll be a blind sitting duck. Besides I did just blow up one of my living spaces, I should probably lay low for a while.”

“You could’ve gone on the computer at anytime. I’m sure you know where it is by now” Jin pointed out.

Shaye nodded “I do. However I find it rude to use someone’s computer without asking first especially with what I use them for.” She gave Yoongi a look. NamJoon crossed his arms in thought “She’s right, she should lay low for a while.”

“But she still needs clothes” Jin pointed out. “She is still here” Shaye piped up. “If you’re that insistent that I have clothes of my own here and what not then Yoongi can go shopping for me. He knows my sizes and what I like.”

NamJoon nodded “Alright. Well I have to get to work. Suga and Jin can go to the store.”

“I wanna go with” Jimin said slight pout. NamJoon looked to Yoongi and Jin who nodded their okay. “One more thing” NamJoon paused in the doorway “Enough of this computer nonsense.” He gave Yoongi a knowing look. “Shaye, you’re welcome to use the computer whenever you need to.”

“Thanks.” The three going to the store started to put their things away. Shaye quickly untied a bracelet from her wrist and tied it on one of Yoongi’s “What?” he stared at his wrist. “It’ll help when it comes to buying certain things.” He shrugged “Alright, try not to blow up the internet while we’re gone.” She waved him off before heading upstairs to brush her teeth.

--

-In the car on the way to the mall-

“So whats with you and Shaye and computers?”

Yoongi sighed and looked out the window “It’s her life line.”

“What?”

“She’s a hacker.”

Jin raised an eyebrow “Blackhat?”

Yoongi shook his head “No, but she’s not white either really. She’s more checkered than anything. Her tag is Red but she makes a living under another name by programing and hacking into companies’ security systems to find weaknesses for them to fix.”

“Haven’t Hoseok and Kook mentioned a Red? What did they say… Red the vigilante hacker?” Yoongi winced “And we left her with those two.”

Yoongi nodded.

“What are you two talking about?” Jimin asked, reminding them that he was also in the car. “Hyung, are you alright?” Jimin eyed Yoongi who seemed to be fidgeting more than was usual for him.

Jin eyed him as they pulled into the parking lot “It’s the bond isn’t it.” Yoongi nodded “It’s never been this bad.” “You know exactly what she likes right? So we’ll be in and out and home before you know it.”