In which coffee cures all...

Red

A/N: First off: There is a new chapter under this. I just wanted to apologize for the 3 month delay. We were in the midst of getting ready to move and moving. Also we‘ve been busy with wedding plans and work. Which yikes we’re down to a month and 6 days…. Anyways! I’d like to apologize again for the delay and thank you to any of you who are still looking forward to reading this and any new subscribers. Also I am actively working on the chapter that’ll follow this one so I will get that one up asap.

-Fayt

 

 

Where we left off: Shaye was thinking about talking with her dead grandparents in hopes of finding out more about herself and Jimin misunderstood in thinking she wanted to revive the dead.

---

 

Jin motioned for the others to leave the room.

“Dude” Yoongi’s hand tightens slightly on Jimin’s shoulder “What?” he tried to shrug away from the elder.

Yoongi shakes his head “You can’t just jump on her like that.”

“But-”

“You didn’t even give her a chance to properly explain. I bet you only caught part of their conversation assumed the worse and jumped from there.” Yoongi eyed the younger as he hung his head knowing he was in the wrong. “You’re going to have to apologize to her.”

Jimin looked up and nodded. Yoongi stopped him with a hand on his chest when he moved towards the door. “Not right this second. Let her have her space.”

Jimin’s wolf whined through him at not being allowed to go to Shaye.

“I know buddy.” Yoongi sighed “Just wait a little longer.”

---

Hoseok met them outside and shook his head.

“No reply?”

“Nope”

NamJoon shrugged “Alright, maybe she’ll might meet us later.”

He turned and the rest followed except for Jin who held Hoseok back “She’s not in her room is she?”

Hoseok clicked his tongue as his head tilted in response.

Jin rolled his eyes, nudging his shoulder “Let’s go” he turned, following the rest of the pack.

Unbeknownst to the rest, Shaye is close behind following in the trees moving between them like a Cheshire cat.

About an hour into their run she nearly lost her footing almost falling out of a tree as her heart stopped at the wet sounding thwack and a yelp from Jimin.

Jin and Namjoon were immediately at his side in their human forms. Jin held his nose “Its poison, not one I can get rid of without time. We need to get him to Shaye as soon as possible.”

“Tae!” Namjoon waved him over. The remaining three were searching the area for anymore traps. NamJoon turned to Jin “Is it okay to change him back?”

Jin pulled the arrow out “It is now.” NamJoon placed a hand on Jimin’s head forcing him to shift back before letting Tae take him.

Taehyung arrives back at the house while supporting Jimin.

He jumps slightly as Shaye appears behind them. He stares at her as she runs a hand through her hair “What?” she shakes her head as she runs past them to the kitchen to wash her hands “Put him on the table.”

“But Jin-”

“He’ll understand but I will deal with him later if need be.” She met them at the table “Now help me get him on the table.”

Jimin partially conscious hissed in discomfort as they moved him too fast. Shaye ran a hand through his hair in apology.

“He triggered an old trap. Which shouldn’t be possible as we cleared them all out of that area.”

“I know I was out there.” She helps Jimin with his shirt before swiping a finger across the wound.

“No.” Jimin croaked out and Taehyung grabbed her wrist when she went to bring it to .

She took a deep breath “It’s not going to do anything other than possibly make my mouth go numb for a bit, but I need to see what I’m working with.” She her finger and rolled the substance around before spitting it out. “It’s not something Jin can heal on his own. However if I were a spiteful person… in the end he’d be fine if I didn’t do anything. He’d suffer of course but” she shrugged and Taehyung stared at her with wide eyes. “Oh shut up.” She bit her lip and took Jimin’s chin in her hand. “Stay with us Min.”

“I thought you said he’d be fine.”

“He will, I just want him to hear what I have to say before he passes out.” She turned back to Jimin “I want to hear nothing of apologies for earlier, You’re forgiven. It was a heat of the moment thing and I know you wanted to talk to me earlier but the others said to give me space. Understand?”

He nodded slowly with tears in his eyes. She bit her lip again and brought her lips to his. She leaned back and swiped a hand over his eyes. “Rest, you might be a bit weak tomorrow but overall you’ll be fine.”

“Is he going to be okay now?” Shaye looked at Tae as her head swayed side to side “Okay is a relative term. It was in his system long enough that he might still hallucinate a little bit” She held a finger to her head.

Tae swiped a thumb across her lip and she caught his wrist before any traces of blood off of it herself. “Not tonight. I only gave him enough to take care of the poison and speed up his healing. However being full moon and all I don’t know if it’ll have any adverse effects. I don’t need you acting up as well.”

“Acting up how?”

“Clingier than normal full moon antics. Now help me get him to his room before Jin and the rest get home.”

“Too late.”

Shaye sighed as her head dropped to rest briefly against Tae’s chest before turning to greet the others.

“Is he alright?”

“Should be, though would you mind checking him over just to make sure he’s healing properly?”

“I thought your blood has healing properties?” Jungkook spoke as Jin moved passed them to check over Jimin.

“It does but there was something different about the substance.”

“Don’t care for the sound of that.” NamJoon muttered.

“You shouldn’t, none of us do” Hoseok nudged his shoulder before addressing Shaye “Are-” He stopped when she held a finger to her lips.

“He’ll be fine, someone help me move him to his room.”

“I’ll go, wanna wrap up that wound.” Jin replied.

---

“Whatever it was, was nasty but not intended for wolves.” Shaye explained as she and Jin made their way to the others. “But it was old and Still extremely potent being so.”

“We searched the area and didn’t find any more traps. Even so we’ll stay out of that area for a while” Yoongi explained.

“Well if we’re doing that we should set some kind of monitoring system.”

“I’ll leave that to your capable hands.” NamJoon ruffled her hair. She closed her eyes and sighed, as if she didn’t have other things to worry about.

“We’ll take care of it” Jungkook volunteered Hoseok and himself.

“Thanks guys” She joined them on the couch.

“Hey Tae” Yoongi kept his eyes on Shaye “Did she taste the poison?”

“Ye-up”

“Idiot” Yoongi tsked.

She curled into Jungkook side. “I needed to know what it was. Its target specific, anyone who it’s not intended for has a 50/50 chance of surviving. However its fast acting and extremely painful. I’ll be fine. Now why am I an idiot?”

“Your eyes are glowing.”

“No they’re not” Her eyes narrowed slightly.

“Yes they are.”

Everyone watched as she curled up closer to Jungkook, as she kept her eyes on Yoongi. “Why would glowing eyes be an indication of having tested poison? They’ve glowed before and its always had to do with my Kitsune side. They didn’t glow when I took poison from Jae.”

Yoongi moved to crouch before the three on the couch. “Your kitsune eyes are purple. Right now one eye is purple and the other is glowing blue. Whatever powers or magic you have from your other side are finally waking up or evolving.”

“Alright good to know” She nodded. “I’m… gonna go check up on Jimin now.” Shaye stumbles just after passing Yoongi and NamJoon is right there to catch her.

“Woah there, you okay?” he caught her gaze.

“I’m just a little light headed is all, possibly from the blood magic.”

He frowned a little “But that doesn’t normally affect you like this- Stupid.” He closed his eyes and sighed “Full moon.”

Shaye giggled when he voiced the connection. “Yup.”

She moved to go upstairs when Hoseok called out to her. “You said it had been target specific” Shaye nodded “Then why does anyone it’s not intended for still only have a 50/50 percent chance of survival?”

“It’s extremely fast working pain wise. Also it causes hallucinations. Generally if the pain doesn’t get you, what you see will. They’re both unfortunate side effects of the substance. However when made correctly it is 100 percent lethal for the intended.”

Everyone stare at her in shock. Taehyung got up and kissed her temple, speaking softly to her “I’m glad you weren’t spiteful today. Thank you.”

She silently turned away and made her way upstairs.

She knelt beside his bed and held his hand in hers. “I know you’re alright, or you should be” her brows furrowed “Whatever you do, don’t go down the rabbit hole.” She kissed his hand “Please wake up soon. I’m so sorry. You wouldn’t have had to go through any of that had we cleared the air beforehand. Please forgive me.” She closed her eyes as she rested her head on the bed.

Suddenly she feels a hand running through her hair and she looks up to find Jimin gazing at her. “Shh… It’s alright. Yoongi explained things. Come here” Not yet strong enough to pull her up himself, he tugged on her hand and she joined him on the bed.

She promptly dropped her head on his chest.

“What’s wrong?”

“Just a little dizzy, it’ll pass.”

“Did you taste the poison?”

“You were really out of it weren’t you?” She glanced up briefly catching his eyes before promptly dropping her head back down, refusing to look up at him again as she replied to his question “I needed to know what type it was. The tiny amount I tasted with your blood wasn’t enough to do anything to me. Plus if you hadn’t already heard it was a target poison meant for a specific person.”

Her head rose and fell with the sigh he released “How many poison are you immune to?”

“You don’t want to know and no I’m not magically immune to poisons.”

“Are you sure about that?” Shaye jumped slightly when Jungkook squeezed her waist.

“Fairly.” She looked over her shoulder at him before finding Taehyung and watching him as he joined the three of them on the bed.

She pouted slightly thinking they’d come to collect her. “I want to stay here tonight.” Her hand tightened on Jimin’s shirt.

“The four of us are saying right here tonight.” Taehyung said as he snuggled into Jimin’s other side.

“Hey Shaye?” She glanced up at Jimin with an eyebrow raised in question “Is there any other side effects I should expect?” She turned as much as Jungkook’s arms allowed and propped her chin on her hand. “What’s going to happen is you’ll either wake up in the morning with what seems to be the worst hangover you’ve ever had or.”

“There’s an ‘or’?””

She nods “You’ll feel like you were hit by a truck. She shrugs a shoulder “Of course you could feel perfectly fine as well.”

She chuckled but winced when Jungkook pinched her side. “Couldn’t you have started with that?”

She locked eyes with Tae as they spoke together “Where’s the fun in that?”

Jimin and Jungkook shook their heads as the two broke into giggles. “You two are horrible.”

---

Shaye was in the kitchen fixing herself a cup of coffee when a pair of arms wrapped around her midsection. “You left us alone.”

“Down side to being the first up I suppose.” She shrugged “But I have stuff to get done. How’re you doing?”

“Heads a bit sore” he replied, burying his face in her neck.

“No you may not.”

“What?”

“You were contemplating asking if you could have a little more blood to ease the pain. Were you not?” She felt him nod. “Seeing as you’re not a vampire and don’t need he blood, I will not give you any at the moment as you don’t need to gain an addiction to it.”

“What if I’m already addicted to you?” She rolled her eyes as he caught the elbow that was aimed for his stomach.

“However, I’ve got the next best thing.”

Jimin leaned against the counter as she moved around the kitchen. “But I don’t like coffee,” he pouted as she filled a mug halfway before adding other stuff to it.

“Hush, the caffeine will help and you won’t even taste it.”

“Fine” he took a cautionary sip as Shaye cleaned up the space. She turned around in time to catch the face Jimin made as he downed the rest of the mug.

She slid it out of his hand “Better?”

She watched as his face smoothed out “N.. actually yes” he stared at her with wide eyes “How’d you do that?”

Shaye chucked as she turned away to wash the mug. “Would you believe me if I told you it was the coffee?” She felt arms wrap around her waist before she received his reply.

“For the love of the gods, do not get Jimin hooked on coffee” Yoongi growled playfully in her ear.

“It’s better that than my blood.” She said as softly as she could “No promises.” She stated louder “Though I don’t think you need to worry, there wasn’t that much coffee in the mix and he still made faces.”

“Not that much?” The two turned to Jimin who’s eyebrows were raised. “I watched you prepare it. Half of it was coffee.”

Yoongi pinches Shaye’s side to which she retaliated by elbowing him back.

“It worked didn’t it?”

“Yeah but-”

Yoongi rolled his eyes and tossed him a strawberry milk from the fridge “Shut up and drink that.”

Jimin took a sip before focusing back on Shaye “Noona, can I travel with you to Exo’s?”

Shaye tilted her head briefly glancing at Yoongi “Hmm not this time.”

“Why not?”

“Because Yoongi just said that I’m not allowed to get you hooked on coffee.”

Yoongi chuckled at Jimin’s confused expression “Dude you get travel sick and to prevent that, she would give you another concoction with coffee in it.”

Jimin pouted “Don’t you know anything else?”

Shaye dipped her head “Yes, but nothing as effective. Doesn’t matter anyways cause I believe we’re all driving this time?” She turned to NamJoon who stood in the doorway.

“That would be correct. Get whatever you need to bring with, we leave in 10.”

---

“I get to sit next to Shaye!” Jimin and Taehyung called out before anyone else could.

“But I wanted to sit next to Shaye” Jungkook and Hoseok added. Jungkook while pouting and Hoseok who didn’t mind not sitting next to her but wanted to shake things up. Shaye stared down Jin and Yoongi who both held a playful look in their eyes to keep their mouths shut.

“I call shotgun” She called softly and appeared in the seat before anyone else could take it and force her to sit in the back.

NamJoon got in the driver’s seat and ruffled her hair “Well played.”

Not bothering to fix her hair she closed her eyes for the ride as the rest climbed into the back speaking amongst themselves as if they hadn’t just been about to fight over who she’d sit with.

---

Once they reached Exo’s place NamJoon tried waking her by shaking her shoulder. When that didn’t work Hoseok went to her side and carried her in from the van. He slowed down when her head moved on his shoulder

“Are we there yet?” she muttered to which he chuckled softly.

“We’re walking in right now.”

“Can you set me down?” She mumbled rubbing her eyes.

“Are you awake enough to walk?”

“Probably not” She replied with a slight pout, eyes still closed.

“Then probably not.”

Suho opened the door for them “Hi, uh is she alright?”

“She’ll be fine. She gave Jimin some of her blood last night to counteract a poison.”

Suho ushered them into the living room “Chen!”

“What? Oh” he came to a stop in front of Hoseok and Shaye. Chen gently pried open one of her eyes before moving to the other before she pushed his hand away. Suho repeated what Hoseok had told him.

Chen made a non-committal noise as his eyes rolled to the ceiling in thought. “Put her in one of the guest rooms, let her sleep for an hour and she should be fine.”

“Should be?” Jin and Lay round on him.

“I’m fine right now, ‘m just tired” She spoke softly as Hoseok moved towards the rooms with her still in his arms.

Chen gave the two healers a look before gesturing towards his sister “Prime example of why anyone who can do blood magic shouldn’t use it during the full moon-” he bursts out laughing at the sight of Shaye giving him the bird behind Hoseok’s back “-unless it’s an emergency. You could’ve let me finish.”

Chen frowned at the same time Luhan started laughing “That’s not nice.”

Luhan slung an arm around his shoulders “I don’t believe it was meant to be.”