Trust me

Red

Shaye entered her room to a puddle of water and an old friend by the window. “Yoongi what the- hang on.” She threw a towel at him before searching for a set of dry clothes. “Here before you catch a cold. Now what-” Her head whipped towards her door as she heard movement downstairs as Yoongi cursed “Don’t-” She was out the door before he could stop her.

She has no scent or presence until she drops in on her ‘intruders’ knocking down two of them in the process. She was about to take care of a few more when the light and Yoongi wrapped his arm around her waist holding her back. “They’re my pack” he whispered to her. He glared at the rest “I told you not to follow me if anything happened and that I would find you.”

“But there was blood Hyung and so much pain” one of the younger ones tried to reason.

“I told you she was extremely protective.”

“How were we supposed to know that this house belonged to the friend that you talk about” another said.

“You talk about me?” she looked up at him.

“You weren’t supposed to know because you weren’t supposed to follow me” he growled.

It was her turn to hold him back as she swore under her breath. “Yoongi, you’re not the only one injured.” She ran to check the windows. “Did anyone else follow you guys?” They all shook their heads. “Are you sure? Did you cover your tracks?”

“Yes and yes.”

“Go wait in the kitchen; I have to go do something.”

“Geez Hyung where did you find this one?”

“Childhood friend.” Yoongi and Shaye both answered.

“What is she doing?”

“Probably cloaking the house” Yoongi shrugged.

Jin clamped a hand over Jimin’s mouth “Speaking of cloaking… none of us knew she was in the house until she dropped on us.” Jimin removed Jin’s hand “That’s right! She didn’t even have a scent.”

“Yeah, um…” Yoongi rubbed his neck.

Shaye swept into the room “Yoongi, table please.” “But-” She pointed to the table “I don’t care if you’re a wolf, you were injured enough to come here and obviously you’re not healing as fast as you should. So humor me and get on the damn table.”

 “Are you going to cut the shirt off?” She glanced over her shoulder at one of the younger boys “Yup. Had I realized at the time where he was injured, I wouldn’t have given him a shirt until after I cleaned the wound.” She pulled the material away from the wound and nearly slapped him in the side. “Idiot” she met eyes with him before letting out a string of curses as she examined and cleaned the wound. “Please leave the room for a bit.”

“But-” “Guys, please do as she asks.”

She waited for them to leave before biting her lower lip hard enough to draw blood. “This thing isn’t going to follow you is it?” Yoongi shook his head “You’re safe.”

“I hate you so much right now” She said before kissing him.

“She kicked us out so she could kiss him!” one of the younger boys called and they all walked back into the kitchen. “Does this mean we all get an aftercare kiss?” Yoongi growled gaining s attention making some of them smirk.

Shaye studied them all and inhaled before shaking her head. “It doesn’t seem like anyone else has tainted blood, so there won’t be anymore ‘after care kisses’ tonight.”

“We could change that” Another one started to put his arm around her shoulder when a final simultaneous growl from Yoongi and one other put an end to that.

“Think you can stay awake long enough to introduce us all while I clean the rest of their wounds?”

“I can try. Jin-”

“Came away unscathed or just had scratches that have already healed.”

“- is a year older than me” Yoongi finished, amused as he watched his pack mates’ reactions to his friend. “Next are Hoseok and Namjoon our Alpha, they’re the same year as you but of the three you’re the youngest.” She studied the guy who almost put his arm around her and the other who growled along with Yoongi. That made a lot more sense now. “They’re alright like Jin.”

“Are you sure?” Hoseok leaned forward. She spun on her heal and grabbed an ice pack from the freezer, tossing it to him as she walked back to him. “What’s this for?”

“Thought you needed that?” He slowly shook his head and she slugged him in the arm “Be sure to ice that.”

She moved on as the rest guffawed. “Jimin and Taehyung are both a year younger than you.” The two had been on the floor with laughter but immediately stood at the mention of their names. “Jimin is okay…” she studied the two taking note that Taehyung was the one who started the ‘After care kisses’ convo. “Taehyung on the other hand has a busted ankle, may I?”

“Its healing” he shrugged but sat down anyways. “Looks like it was a clean break and that it doesn’t need to be reset. I’m still going to wrap it though, give it a bit more support as it heals.” Taehyung nodded.

“And last but not least” she said once she was done. “Jungkook, the youngest.”

“Please hold out your hands” he complied with her request. “What’d you do? Use a brick wall as a punching bag?”

“Something like that” he winced as she cleaned and put salve on his hands before bandaging them. “Should be good as new within an hour or so. Now” she pinned them with her gaze before glancing at her friend “Yoongi you better get your up off my table and walk it to the couch or one of the spare rooms.” He sighed sitting up “I’m sleeping in your room tonight” She rolled her eyes “Fine.”

She turned to NamJoon who had a knowing smirk on his face. “I’m assuming you guys have your own living place?” He just nodded “And it’s still safe, it hasn’t been compromised or anything?”

“Should still be okay” he shrugged.

“Good, then I don’t mean to be rude but I’d like for you guys to go home in the morning.” Jimin sneezed and she remembered it had been raining before they showed up. “, um I’ll go grab towels. There’s a shower down here and one upstairs. Washer and dryer are through there” she pointed behind her “if any of you would like to wash your clothes. I should have enough spares for everyone to change into. There’s a spare bedroom as well as an office with a futon upstairs, and the couch in the living room. I’ll make sure everyone has blankets.” Shaye ran off to find everything and the pack turned to Yoongi who shrugged.

“For a moment there I thought her heart was made of ice” Hoseok joked.

Yoongi stood and nearly fell over, Namjoon steadied him “Do you know which room is hers?” He nodded and told him where to go.

--

 She entered her room once everyone was settled. “You’re supposed to be sleeping” she closed her door.

“We needed to talk.”

She motioned him to move over before settling on the bed. “You trust me right?” She nodded. “I need you to trust the others as well.”

“Why?”

“You need to come with us in the morning.”

“My house has been compromised hasn’t it?”

Yoongi nodded “There’s a very good possibility that it has.” She studied his eyes. “Well we better get to sleep then.”

--

Shaye woke to the silent alarm on her watch and a pile of boys outside her door as she made her way to the hall to turn the alarm off. “What the hell was that?” Taehyung asked as she ran back into her room to put some proper clothes on.

“What was that about not having been followed?” She slammed her hat on her head as she ran to the office. Yoongi close behind “Get dressed we’re leaving soon.”

Jin was the first to join them in the office, eyes wide at the amount of monitors that ‘hadn’t’ been there the night before. “We weren’t followed.”

“Then what’s going on? Someone has tripped my alarms.”

He scratched his neck “Truth of the matter is, Suga had a feeling that something was going to happen to you. So no, they didn’t follow us. They were already on their way here.”

“You ran into them on the way here?” By now the entire pack was in the room.

“Suga had taken off yesterday morning saying he had something he needed to do; Jungkook didn’t feel right about it so we followed just in case. We were a little late in reaching him to help. But we got him out of there” Namjoon explained.

“Yeah they were even supposed to meet me in town, not follow me here” Yoongi glared at his pack.

“The pups wouldn’t leave Namjoon alone about following you, Hyung” Hoseok explained. Jin watched the monitors “With the amount of damage that group had taken we thought they’d go back to regroup but we were wrong.”

Shaye closed her eyes and sighed “We haven’t seen or talked to each other for at least five years. And I’ve been in trouble and in danger plenty of times. What makes this time any different?”

“It felt different.”

“What?!” Shaye and half the pack asked. “How would you be able to sense that she’s in danger… unless?” Jimin pondered and all eyes went to Shaye and Yoongi. “Hyung, is she your mate?” Taehyung asked. Shaye and Yoongi both nodded. “Wait if Noona knew then why were you so shocked?”

“Because although we’re each other’s mate we haven’t actually made the connection and like I said five plus years apart, he shouldn’t have been able to sense any danger pertaining to me. Excuse me.” She ran out of the room.

“Hyung!”

“Just because he knows who his mate is doesn’t guarantee that she’s our mate as well. And he probably didn’t want her to be overwhelmed had you known before-hand.”

“You knew, Jin hyung!”

Yoongi sighed “Will you please shut up? She’s very well aware of the possibility of being mated to a pack. It’s a small part of why she’s been on her own.”

Shaye ran back into the room and came to a full stop when she saw that they were all still in there. “Stop talking about me and go put your together. There won’t be anything to come back for if you forget anything.” The boys shared a look as she packed up her laptop and Hoseok mimed an explosion. “Are you really going to blow up your house?” Jungkook stood at her elbow. Shaye nodded as she focused on what she was doing. “But what about all of your things?”

She shrugged “It’s just stuff.” Jimin looks over her shoulder “If you’re deleting everything on your computer, then why blow up the house?”

“Nothing is ever truly deleted” Hoseok and Shaye said together.

“They also don’t need to see what equipment I use. There’s also a virus for if anything survives the fire enough to get information from.” Shaye glanced over her shoulder and sighed returning her attention back to what she was doing. Yoongi walked back in dropping a bag “Why are you all still in here?” He asked after sensing Shaye’s frustration. Her shoulders visibly relaxed once they left to get their things. “They’re curious.” She nodded “I know but there isn’t time for that right now.” She turned to face him when she was done.

“I know you have at least one other place to go. But why don’t you stay with us for a while.”

“One: is that even okay with the others and two: give me one good reason why I should.”

“Yeah I was talking to Namjoon about it. He said it was okay. Also” he swung his arm out “They found out about this place. How sure are you that they don’t know about the others?”

“I’m not.”

“Then come stay with us. I know you have ways of checking in on what’s yours.”

“And what’s not” she muttered. “Fine.”

Jin poked his head in the door “Are you two ready?”

“Yeah, tell everyone to meet by the basement door please.” Jin nodded and left. Shaye pointed at the bag by Yoongi’s feet “I hope you picked some decent stuff.” Yoongi just smirked picking the bag up before following her out of the room.

“So how much of a rush are we in?” Hoseok asked.

“Enough” she lead them downstairs. “The explosion won’t happen until we’re far enough away.”

“How?”

“I have a sensor, the second we’re safely out of range. No more house.”

“Why don’t we wait for those guys to get here? That’ll take care of part of your problem.”

She pointed at him eyes narrowed “Jimin, right?” He nodded. “Contrary to popular belief, I’m not a killer.”

“Sorry Noona.” Shaye nodded to him before leading them into the tunnel at a run.