Ch. 20

Red

Shaye turned around as Jungkook joined them in the backyard. “Why are we going for a run so early in the day?” he asked eyes closed. Shaye jumped up wrapping her arms around his neck to give him a brief kiss before dropping down and dancing away before he could wrap his arms around her. “Its noon and why didn’t you go to bed earlier?”

“Let’s go” NamJoon motioned for her to lead. She brought them to a clearing.

“Why did we stop? I thought you wanted to go for a run?”

She hummed a confirmation before closing her eyes to gather her thoughts. “I want you guys to know as much about the plan as you can. Being this far out I have a bit of control on who hears it and who doesn’t.” She tapped the side of her head “Luhan and Arren will be listening in shortly and relaying stuff to the other Alphas and Ezra’s pack.”

Hoseok caught her hand “What aren’t you telling us?” She met his eyes “A couple of things actually but I’d rather tell everyone who needs to know at once.”

‘Is this a bad time?’

“Nope it’s actually perfect timing.” Shaye gestured to Namjoon to let him know about Arren and Luhan. “Alright then, as you know everyone knows bits of a plan. No one actually knows the entire thing because it’s safer that way. My Aunt is my responsibility. I don’t want any unnecessary losses. Yoongi is the only one coming with me from this pack.”

“But!” Namjoon cleared his throat silencing his pack and she sent him a look of thanks. “Like I was saying; Yoongi is coming with me not because I don’t trust the rest of my mates but because I know he won’t be focused on my safety alone. I don’t need anyone to be distracted because of me. But that doesn’t mean you won’t be able to help. And unless any of the Alphas have any suggestions it’ll probably only be Ezra’s pack that comes with. Only because Jae is their pack mate however I don’t wish to put them in harm’s way either.”

“So it’s a suicide mission” Hoseok grumbled and she hugged him.

“That’s another thing, I can’t die. I’ll just come back with my full powers and a supposed god status, which my father would like. Which means that no it’s not a suicide mission as I do not plan on dying.”

“I still feel like you don’t trust us” Jimin pouted.

Shaye held his gaze “If I didn’t trust you. You wouldn’t know anything.” She turned her attention back to everyone listening “Maru and a couple of the guys are already working getting us eyes. This needs to be done in one shot. We will save Jae, my uncle’s doppel; Emmet needs to be captured and sent back to his dimension to face charges. My aunt will be stopped in every way possible and packaged neatly for the police to face everything she has coming for her.”

--

Kai and Kasper shivered back at the house. Kasper leaved over to Kai “Our sister is amazing.”

“Yeah she is. Wait our sister?”

“I’m an only child where I’m from. I hope you don’t mind?”

“No, that’s cool.”

--

“Alphas please get back to me with your suggestions asap. And be ready to kick things off or go at a moment’s notice. I’m not saying when we’ll start ahead of time.” She looked around her pack “We will come back alive and well. Lani is not taking prisoners.”

Jimin hugged her from behind “Now that you’re filling us in and you better come back as promised. How are you getting into the building undetected?”

“Teleportation. However, personally I’ll be walking through the front door. They won’t know I’m there. Anyone have anything else to add?”

‘Um yeah. We have eyes. Jae looks to be unconscious but well and Emmet just left the building.’

“Inform extraction team 2 right away for the switch if you haven’t already. We’re on our way back to the house.”

Jimin tightened his hold on her waist keeping her in place. “Who’s in extraction team 2?”

Yoongi stepped forward “Unless she changed the lineup. It’s Yongguk, Himchan, Kai, Lay and Kieran.”

Share raised a finger “You forgot Luhan. We need him to extract Emmet’s memories for Kieran so she’ll never be able to tell that they switched.”

She slips out of Jimin’s hold and races back to the house. Upon entering Chen hands her and ear piece, she frowned slightly before putting it in her hear and running off to change. She joined the others downstairs after raiding her brother’s closets for red and black clothing as well as a mask and hat. She rested a hand on Maru’s shoulder as he pulled up the footage for her to see. She nodded at what she saw before cocking her head as she listened to Luhan through the radio. “It sounds like your aunt has taken a few too many crazy pills.”

Shaye groaned “What’d she do now?”
 

“In her Mind Emmet truly became your stepdad and somewhere along the line she forgot that the girls he brought her weren’t you.”

“Great… have you given those memories to Kieran yet?”

“No.”

“Good don’t give them to him and keep him out of the building. Plans changed.”

 “We’ll try.”

After leaving Maru and his team with a few instructions she ran upstairs to gather her team.

Taehyung stayed off to the side as the others gave her good luck kisses. He hugged her when it was his turn, pulling her off to the side. “I know what you’ve been doing in preparation for this.” He said softly, stepping back to look her in the eye. “Use your magic sparingly if you have to at all. Otherwise if you use too much too fast or over a long period of time it will deplete your strength.”

“I’ll keep that in mind. So… no see you later kiss?”

He chuckles and shakes his head “I’ll get mine when you get back.” He smiled down at her.

“Everyone is coming back alive.” She promised before joining Yoongi and Ezra’s pack.

---

Shaye brought them to the roof in the rain. She took note of the helicopter and nodded to Yoongi as it started to rain harder. “I’ll leave that to you and the doorway to Ezra’s pack. The only way Lani is leaving this building is alive in police custody. Before I forget if by chance you come across Raven and they’re tide up. Don’t listen to anything they say that might get you to free them.”

“How is that even a possibility?” Riley questioned.

“Either Raven is truly employed by my aunt so it would be a trap. Or my Aunt was just using Raven. Take ‘m with you for me to deal with later if it makes you feel better, just don’t untie them.”

With a nod from Ezra and Yoongi she disappeared heading for the front door. Kasper brought their pack to the floor they were assigned.

“Ez, why are we letting a practical stranger rescue our pack mate?”

Ezra rolled his eyes ‘why are you complaining about this now?’ “Because she knows the enemy. Besides you don’t hear Mason complaining.”

“Yeah” Arren nudged Riley “Seeing the way she thinks if Jae wasn’t our pack mate we wouldn’t be here. Now shut up and let’s take control of the building.”

---

Shaye entered the building but it was too quiet for her liking. “Arren, have you guys run into anyone yet? This is too quiet even for my aunt.”

“We found a few bodies in a room, looks like Emmet’s doing. Other than-” Arren got quieter “We just found a bunch near the control room.”

“You’ll be alright handling them?”

“*scoff* Are you seriously asking?”

“Thought so. Hoepfully they’re all concentrated there. I’m gonna go after Lani and get Jae. Good luck.”

“Like wise.”

The building shook and Shaye rolled her eyes as she made her way up the floors. “Bored?”

“A bit” Yoongi chuckled.

---

“Well she was right about where the control room would be” Mason pointed out.

“Yeah but she was wrong about the number of guards” Riley grumbled as he wiped blood off of his lip where one of said guards got a lucky shot.

Kasper hit the back of his head “So she was a little off it was an educated guess and wasn’t so bad for what little time she had.”

“Would you two shut up and get back to work?”

“Yes Alpha.”

Arren whistled low as he opened a closet while Kasper, Riley and Mason worked on the doorway. “You must be Raven.” He cringed and held his ears at a high pitched sound “Well that’s an out dated PA system” he muttered.

“I know you’re here Red. I know you’ve been after me for some time now. I happen to have my niece with me. – “I’m not your niece!” – Shut up! You can either save her or take me in but you can’t have both. What will you do?”

Shaye came over the team’s radio “Can’t have both my . Watch me. Plan’s changed again guys. I need you to trust me and be ready to grab my aunt when she tries to leave the building. She truly thinks Jae is me. I’ll have to force her hand but in the end Jae will be alive and well. Trust me.”

She turned down the hall coming face to face with a lone guard who immediately backed into a door. She rolled her eyes and tilted her head it was Lani’s secretary “Move.” He shook his head as he cowered into the door. “I know you have a family, didn’t your wife just have a baby girl a while ago?”

He nodded. Shaye jerked her head towards the door “She’s not worth dying for. Get out of here and go home to your family. She kicked him in the for good measure as he ran past her. Shaye kicked the door open and raised an eyebrow at her aunt “Really? One guard? And a secretary with no combat training at that” she smirked beneath her mask.

“If I die she dies” Lani grabs Jae and holds a knife to her.

“Why do you think I’m here to kill you?” Shaye scoffs “You actually think you’re deserving of death. That would be too easy. No, you. You are going to suffer and pay for all of your crimes. Besides I’m neither a killer nor a general criminal. I’m nothing like you and your lot.”

Lani glances at the door, her voice shaking “I’ve heard things about you.”

“Huh” Shaye started to slowly circle the two “The way you’re acting I’d say that most if not any of it isn’t true.”

“But you’re Red.”

Shaye resisted the urge to roll her eyes “Yes…” she slowly moved closer. “But I don’t ever handle things this way. But you my dear did something particularly stupid. Now you can give me the girl and you can attempt to get out of the building alone or I can tie you up nicely for the police. Either way the only one left in the building who could possibly help you is still tied up.”

“Who?”

“Raven? The hacker you had on payroll.”

“Oh that mutt” Lani sneered causing Shaye to frown.

“That ‘mutt’ is the reason you knew I was coming. I’m honestly a little surprised you hung around.”

Lani pulled Jae closer to her (if that’s possible) and glanced towards the window. Shaye winked at Jae while she got closer “I wouldn’t do that unless you want an agonizing death.”

“Don’t!” Lani realized just how close Shaye was “Come any closer and she’ll die.” She tightened her grip on the knife and held it closer to Jae’s throat.

“Nah you won’t don that” Shaye clenched her fists.

“All I need is one nick. There’s a poison that’s specially tuned to her blood and without me you won’t get the antidote.”

Shaye nodded ever so slightly at Jae before unclenching her fists, who let go of Lani’s arm. “Yeah” Shaye tilted her head “I’m pretty sure there isn’t an antidote but we won’t need one.”

Before her aunt knew what was going on she was kicked back into a wall and Shaye had thrown the knife off to the side. She ran to Jae’s side and swore, it was small but her aunt had still managed to get her.

“She’s getting away” Jae pointed out as Lani stumbled out of the room.

Shaye shook her head “It’ll be fine, she has nowhere to go.” She removed her mask “Your pack will kill me if I don’t get you back to them alive.”

“You’re-”

“Her real niece. I hear our blood is similar and there’s no way of knowing whose blood the poison was for. One of us will get really sick and the other will die. I’d rather you weren’t the one to die so please bear with me.” She tilted Jae’s chin and started to on the wound. As soon as the poison hit her tongue she knew it wasn’t one that she’d be fine after spitting out. She stopped once she knew Jae would be fine.

Jae’s pack and Yoongi ran in “They have your aunt in custody.”

Shaye was having trouble keeping her eyes open as she slumped over Jae. “Officially they can’t know I was here…”

“Let’s get going then” Yoongi swooped Shaye up as Jae started crying in her twin’s arms sobbing apologies. “You’re safe now, whats wrong?” Jae shook her head unable to speak.

Arren swore “We have to get them back to Exo’s place. Now.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Jae was poisoned and Shaye extracted it. It’s a target poison and they’re not sure if it was meant for Jae or Shaye.”

“Damn it. You said you would live” Yoongi swore.

“Kasper” Ezra growled.

“On it.”