Ch. 22

Red

It took another day for Shaye’s heartbeat to return to semi-normal. Hoseok and NamJoon were taking their turn sitting with her when Hoseok sat up alert.

“What is it?” NamJoon asked as Hoseok stared in wonder at his hand which was holding one of Shaye’s. Her fingers tightened slightly around his a second time and he knew it wasn’t a random twitch. He looked up, locking eyes with NamJoon “I think she’s waking up.”

NamJoon stood “I’ll got get the others.” Hoseok stared longingly at her face waiting to see her eyes once again. “There she is” he breathed kissing the hand he held once her eyes opened. She winced slightly when she tried to flex her other hand.

“You were out for a few days. Jae told Jin and Lay what the poison was so they could give you fluids that wouldn’t react negatively with the poison.” He explained the reason of the IV which was the cause for some of the pain in her hand.

There was a small stampede down the hall “Is she?” Jungkook was the first through the door and collapsed on the foot of the bed when he saw her eyes were open “Thank gods.” Jimin wasn’t far behind him. Not wanting to crowd her: NamJoon, Taehyung and Yoongi stood off to the side, small smiles on their faces.

Shaye winced again as she struggled to lift her hand with the IV a fraction off the bed while she stared at Jin.

Jin shook his head as he moved to that side of the bed “I understand that you don’t like IV’s. I will remove it when you finish the bag that you’re on.”

Shaye rolled her eyes slightly showing both her annoyance and her understanding. Jimin watched her on the verge of tears again “Why isn’t she talking?”

“Give her time, from what I understand its part of the side effects. Also she’s been out for almost 4 days.” Yoongi explained.

Hoseok shifted his attention back to Shaye when she lightly squeezed his hand. Her eyes were starting to droop. “Looks like it’s time to sleep. We’ll see you when you wake.”

“She’s sleeping again?”

“You know full well that she wasn’t sleeping for the last few days. Come on let her rest. A couple more hours waiting won’t kill you.”

---

Shaye woke again a few hours later. “Shi-” her arms gave out as she tried to sit up. She fell back against the pillow in a coughing fit. NamJoon rushed in. He helped her sit up and held a bottle of water to her lips. “Slow down” he muttered against her hair.

She took a couple of seconds once she finished before she trusted herself to try speaking again. “More please” She croaked out. He kissed her temple before leaving to get more.

Jae rapped on the door before entering. “There she is. You look rough” she sat on the edge of the bed. “How are you?”

A sardonic smile graced her lips “As inconvenient as it is not being able to use your legs right away I have to say the worse part about waking up after that stuff is nearly choking to death when you first try to talk.”

“Hear, hear” Jae smiled.

“I can feel my toes, use my hands but my arms aren’t even strong enough to hold myself up yet.” She sighed “I would kill for a bath or a shower right now.”

Jae smiled “Well I don’t know about your rule but mine is that if you can use your arms you can take a bath. Do you want to try?” Shaye nodded and Jae helped her lay back down to see if she could sit herself up on her own. Jae clapped her hands and cheered before hugging Shaye who with very little struggle managed to sit up on her own.

“What’s the celebration?” NamJoon re-entered the room.

“Shaye has enough strength back in her arms to sit herself up. Which means; she can take a bath like she wanted. So I’m going to go run the water. Would you help her to the tub shortly?” Jae turned to leave.

“Your personalities are nearly flipped.”

Shaye smiled “She is a bit more chipper isn’t she?” Shaye reached for the bottled of water he held but ended up with a mug being offered to her instead. “No”

“It’ll help.”

She folded her arms “Do you remember the last time you handed me a thing of herbal tea?” she raised an eyebrow.

NamJoon pouted “Kyungsoo prepared it. And I’m pretty sure that even though you’re my mate and I’m an Alpha that he will murder me or something if you don’t drink it.”

Shaye sighed and took the mug from him.

“Careful its-”

She winced as she held the mug back out for him “Hot, I know.” She took the bottle from him and downed half of the water.

“So do I get to help you with your bath?”

Shaye slowly looked back up at him “No, Jae and I still have more to talk about.”

“But.”

“We’re virtually the same person. Aside from tattoos or scars there isn’t anything she hasn’t seen before.

“Waters ready” Jae called out and Shaye held her arms out to NamJoon who placed a kiss on her neck before carrying her to the tub. “Well I’ll leave you ladies to it. Um… holler when you’re ready to get out.”

“Will do” Jae answered and took a seat next to the tub.

“So, fill me in. What’s been happening?” Shaye started as she took the wash cloth that Jae offered to her.

“Well Emmett was immediately sent back to his dimension and by the sounds of it he is facing their death penalty. Apparently he’s been a wanted man for many years there. The other one: your friend? The hacker; is in a spelled room here.”

Shaye slid down so she could wet her hair “I’ll talk to them when I can walk otherwise the guys won’t let me near ‘em. What about her?” She sat back up and turned when Jae offered to shampoo her hair.

“No word other than she’s still in custody.”

Shaye shrugged “As long as they still have her. I left them enough stuff to keep her locked away for the rest of her life.”

“The guys were saying something about your uncle hasn’t returned?”

Shaye slid under the water once more thinking. “Well he’s gonna do what he’s gonna do. If he wants to he’ll show up again.”

“So Kas was telling me about the ideas you were rattling off when they were showing you our computer. I’ve been wanting to do similar things especially since we already have a network between multiple dimensions.”

Shaye’s gaze whipped up to Jae’s “You hack?”

Jae dipped her head “Yeah, I’m not as good as Kasper and Riley but I’m getting there. Why?”

“I was going to ask before you left because I think you’d make a good vigilante hacker.”

Jae nodded “Why were you going to ask? Are you thinking of a name change?”

Shaye shook her head “Not quite yet. I’m pretty attached to Red. But if we’re able to do what we’ve talked about. I think you and I would make a great team even if we’re not in the same dimension.”

“Definitely! However your wolves might not let you out of their sight for the next couple of months. But I’m looking forward to working with you.”

Shaye bent one of her legs up.

“Looks like it’s time to get out, who do you want me to get?” Jae asked knowing neither of them trusted the strength of Shaye’s legs just yet.

“Can you pass the towel and help me on to the edge, I want to see where my strength is at first” she tapped her head.

Jae helped her, once they had her settled on the edge of the tub with a towel wrapped around her she started with the weakest bond links and worked her way up the line. She made it to the third strongest link before she received an answer.

“He’s on his way.”

“Who did you get?”

“Taehyung.” She said, a bit frustrated with herself.

“You say that like you’re disappointed” Taehyung entered the room.

“Only in my strength” She tapped her head.

Jae pushed herself away from the counter “We can talk more later, I’ll leave you two alone.”

“Thanks, Jae.”

“Who did you start with?” Taehyung took Jae’s spot against the counter.

“This is going to sound really bad but I started with the weakest bond links. Jin and Jimin. Then Jungkook and finally NamJoon.”

“Ah that explains it” He chuckled.

“What?”

“They all had sneezing attacks one after the other as if someone had been talking about them. So I’m number 3 as far as bond strengths go?”

Shaye nodded as a shiver ran through her body and Taehyung was reminded why he was called up there as he took in Shaye sitting on the edge of the tub with a towel wrapped around her. “Sorry” He scooped her up in his arms “Let’s get you into something warm.”

She leaned her head against his shoulder.

He set her on the bed and found a pair of shorts and an oversized shirt for her. “Arms up.”

“I’m pretty sure I can dress myself.”

“As much as I would love to see you try. Humor me.” She rolled her eyes and did as asked. He kissed her briefly after tugging the shirt down.

“What was that for?”

“Welcome back.”

She tugged him closer to kiss him properly “Sorry it took me longer than planned.”

He shook his head “I knew you’d be back. We should probably join the others.”

Shaye held out her hand “Shorts first, I don’t need to be flashing everyone today.”

Taehyung shook his head and knelt so he could put the shorts on for her. He took the opportunity to feel her when he was done.

“Rude” She huffed out before he kissed her once more. “Only because you weren’t expecting it.”

“No, I expected it. But we really should join the others downstairs.”

“I suppose.” He teleported them to where everyone was gathered. Appearing where he had previously been sitting on the couch in between Jimin and Jungkook.

“Not this again” She buried her face in Taehyung’s shoulder.

“It’s not as bad this time, you were at least in the house.” Jimin replied and poked her in the side “Please sit with me” he asked softly.

Shaye lifted her head and looked at Taehyung who nodded and passed her over. “What’s wrong?” Jimin frowned since she didn’t move on her own.

“I can move my legs… they just can’t support my weight just yet. So I’ll need to rely on you guys today.” She leaned into Jimin “Has someone been feeding Raven at least?” Everyone in the room froze. “I’m not upset. You did the right thing. And when I can get around on my own, tonight or tomorrow I will talk with them. I just wanted to make sure that they’ve been eating.”

Everyone relaxed. “You think Kyungsoo would let anyone go hungry while in this house?” Chanyeol asked as he swung an arm around Kyungsoo.

Shaye shook her head “I had to check. Thank you” She looked at Kyungsoo who nodded in return.

“So what’s the deal with Raven anyways?’ Baekhyun asked.

“Raven used to be someone I could almost trust with my life. Something happened and that isn’t the case anymore. Maru chose to stay in touch with Raven because it didn’t have any direct effect on him. Raven is another trickster like me. But they’re not a kitsune and they also have fae blood.”

“And you expect us to let you talk with Raven on your own?” Jungkook commented from the other end of the couch.

“I don’t expect you to like it but despite what you think. I will talk with Raven. Besides they’re not going to do anything to me in a house full of wolves. And they won’t do anything to anyone else while I’m here.”

He turned towards Yoongi “Hyung, you can’t let her.”

Yoongi shrugged in return, he knew it was best to let her do what she was going to do and be ready to help her if she needed it.

“Raven is dangerous in their own way. But so am I and there are worse things out there, Jungkook.”

“I see where you get that” Jae nodded as she watched Shaye.

“Not you too?” Shaye groaned as she immediately caught on to what Jae was talking about. “Seriously Ez?”

Everyone in the room chuckled knowing full well that Ezra would never drop the fact that Shaye has the potential to be an Alpha.

 


Heya ^^ 

So not sure if anyone cares but I figured I'd explain the bond order?

For the most part the strength of the bonds go in order of who bonded when 

Yoongi's bond with Shaye being the strongest because they've been a bonded pair for years. Hoseok is next and Jungkook should be 3rd in strength since he bonded at the same time, however his bond was quite weak at the beginning. So naturally NamJoon should be 3rd then but is actually 4th in bond strength. Taehyung gets bumped up from 5 to 3 because he and Shaye always had a special connection. So Jungkook is 5th and Jin and Jimin I see as constantly switching between 6th and 7th for strength as they were the last two to bond with Shaye. Eventually none of this will probably matter as everyone will even out?

  1. Yoongi
  2. Hoseok
  3. Taehyung
  4. NamJoon
  5. Jungkook
  6. Jin/Jimin
  7. Jimin/Jin

I know I haven't really said much or anything at the end of the chapters of this story. But if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. And for those still reading and for anyone new I hope you're enjoying the read. The next chapter is in the works, I just need to type it up. Hopefully I'll have it posted sometime this weekend.

Until next time

- Fayt