Ch. 24

Red

Upon entering the house, Shaye caught Jae in her arms and they spun each other around. “We’ll probably talk before we see each other again, but we will see each other again.”

“Definitely.”

After pulling away from each other they pushed each other towards their mates. Blake caught Shaye to steady her and Yoongi caught Jae, who wrapped a hand behind his neck so she could pull him closer to kiss him. Yoongi’s eyes widen and meets Blake’s amused ones. He gently pulls away and he and Blake swing the girls back to their respective mate as they giggle.

“That wasn’t funny” he mutters against Shaye’s lips.

“It was a little funny” she shrugged.

“Shaye and Maru seem so worried about her and Raven being in the same place for too long. I think it’s a good thing we’re leaving. They’re not the only pair we should worry about being left alone for too long” Riley said.

“Yeah, but I’m pretty sure being in different dimensions isn’t going to matter” Sehun chuckled.

“You guys talk like it’s a bad thing. Well… it won’t be for us. But they’ll definitely become a force” Himchan added.

“Hey! We should get a group shot before everyone leaves.” Chanyeol jumped up from where he was sitting.

“Are you sure that’s something we can do?” Suho asked. A wave of shrugs went through the room.

“We’re from different dimensions not different time lines” Kasper said from his place next to Kai along the wall.

“He’s right” Hoseok agreed “It won’t unravel anything and if anyone who’s not in the know sees the picture just say you come from a big family with a long history of twins.”

“Alright” Suho nodded “Lets head out back then.”

Everyone who had one stood next to their ‘twin’ while everyone else filled in around them.

“Arren or Luhan will one of you do the honors?” Arren took the offered camera and made sure everyone was in the shot and that it was focused before going back to his spot next to Luhan.

---

“I might build a doorway when we get home” Shaye mentioned as they headed back inside to send off Ezra’s pack.

“No!” her mates objected.

Kasper sighed and rolled his eyes as he stepped forward to ruffle her hair. “Give me your IP address so we can keep in touch through the network.” He placed something in her hand before giving her a hug “Some of us have been working on this for a while. There’s a few things we’re having trouble with but I think you have the mind to figure it out.” He stepped back “We’ll see you again.”

“You better” She slipped the item into her pocket. Shaye followed them to the doorway.

Mason picked her up and swung her around “Thank you again for helping me get our sister back. Keep in touch” he ruffled her hair.

Ezra was the last one through the doorway “I look forward to seeing all the things you’ll do little one” he winked before entering the doorway.

Once it was closed Shaye turned to find Kris standing behind her. “Can I talk to you for a moment?”

“Sure”

He clears his throat, looking off to the side before focusing on her “You know, with great p-”

“Stop” Shaye threw a hand in his face.

“What?”

“You were not about to give me a pep talk starting with a quote from Spiderman.”

He nodded, wearing a serious expression on his face and Shaye burst out laughing “Oh my gods, who would’ve thought the almighty Kris was a nerd.”

He pushed her away gently “What about you? You knew the quote and exactly where it’s from before I could finish.”

Shaye sobered up some “Um hello, hacker” she gestured to herself “Of course I’m going to be a bit of a nerd.” She studied him for a bit “Where is this coming from anyway? We’ve hardly talked to each other over the time we’ve been here.”

“Sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it. There were a lot of people here.”

“Ezra asked if Suho or I could talk with you. Are you okay with how things are turning out?”

“It’s definitely gonna take some getting used to but I’ll deal.”

Kris nodded “So we were talking.”

“As you do” Shaye waved a hand.

Kris rolled his eyes “All of the Alphas. We’re pretty sure you’ll outrank us. But if it’ll be easier for you and more comfortable. We’ll stay as we are as the Alphas of the individual packs. But you’ll have the power to make executive decisions and have the final say when it comes to all of us as one pack. Does that help?”

Shaye looked like a weight had been lifted from her. “You have no idea how much just hearing that helps. Just one favor that I ask you spread through the pack.”

Kris nods.

“Don’t call me Alpha unless we’re in an official setting in front of important people.”

“Sure thing captain.” Kris laughed as she chased him back upstairs.

She froze upon entering the main room and swore under her breath as she was reminded that despite the fact that Raven found their mate that she still needed to take care of them. She turned towards Yongguk’s direction. “For the sake of a lot of things, I’m still going to ask that Maru stays wherever Raven is staying.”

Zelo stood up “Are you suggesting that we can’t keep Raven safe Noona?” there was a warning in his voice as it neared a growl towards the end.

Shaye took a step toward him and tilted her head back to meet his eyes, her gaze edging on dangerous. “Junhong, sit down while I’m being nice.” She arched a brow. “I was not suggesting that” She continued as he sat back down “And neither is it an issue of trust. But he needs to stay with you guys until I can secure a house.”

Yongguk smiled “Not a problem sis. We’ll take care of him too.”

She dipped her head “Thank you.”

Maru walked over and gave Shaye a hug “I should go put my stuff together. Don’t be a stranger especially since you have a place now. You know how to contact me.”

She nodded and he ran off to gather his things. Chanyeol and Baekhyun each wrapped an arm around her. “Like he said don’t be a stranger and visit often or we’ll come to you.”

“Yah!”

“That’s our line!”

Baekhyun turned toward her brothers “Two of you are out of the country most of the time.”

“As if that’s a problem.”

Shaye was now standing with her brothers. An identical smirk to Kai’s playing on her lips. “They have a point” She shrugged.

“Why does it sound like everyone is giving her a long term goodbye?” Jin asked as Yoongi watched her “She has a habit of disappearing.”

Shaye turned to Suho and Kris bowing slightly “Thank you for housing everyone for so long and I’m sorry for any trouble that my brothers cause.”

“It was no trouble at all and it was a pleasure getting to know a new family member.” Suho hugged her briefly.

“Alright then” She turned to her mates "I’ll meet you guys at home.”

Yoongi shook his head “Tae.”

“See ya at home.” Taehyung rested a hand on Yoongi’s shoulder and they appeared in Shaye’s room to find her already in front of her computer. “You need to rest.”

She shook her head “The sooner I get the house situation resolved the safer everyone will be.”

Taehyung sighed “You’re not going to be any help to anyone if your mind is mush.”

Shaye turned around and stared at them.

“Fine you have until the others get home.” Yoongi gave in.

She turned back to what she was working on. “I feel like you guys are always trying to get me to sleep.”

“That’s because you’d work non-stop 24/7 if we let you” Yoongi answered and Taehyung chuckled “Honestly we’re surprised you lasted so long on your own.”

“I sleep mostly between projects not during.”

“Well what about this one? You’ve been going one after the other without a break.”

Shaye paused in her typing, shrugged and began again “Everything’s connected.”

Taehyung nudged Yoongi “Did you see that? Her head just dropped as if she’s nodding off.”

Yoongi placed a finger in front of his lips.

“Please don’t do what I can feel you doing.” Shaye called over her shoulder.

“You’ll thank me later” Yoongi said from behind her.

“Don’t-”

Her body went slack and he caught her so she wouldn’t’ hit her head.

Taehyung whistled softly “You’ve done that before.”

“Not since she was 10.”

“She’s going to be pissed when she wakes.”

Yoongi nodded as he tucked her into bed. “But it’ll be worth it. It’s the only way to get her to fully sleep.”

“She sleeps.”

“She does,” Yoongi agreed with Taehyung. “But she’s usually alert even though both eyes are closed her mind does this one eye open thing. So she’s never fully asleep. Which is what she needs if she wants to continue working the way she is” Yoongi crossed his arms “I have noticed that she does sleep better with us around.”

Taehyung stared at him “Then why didn’t you wait for the rest to get home?”

Yoongi shrugged “She would’ve fought it and not gotten the sleep she needs.”

“Fair enough” Taehyung nodded.

---

It’s the middle of the night when Shaye wakes. Everyone is either asleep or at least in bed. She slams the door as she leaves her room not happy with the time that she’s lost. Grumbling as she makes her way to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee. She grabs a bottle of water before heading back upstairs to take a shower while her coffee brews. “Jerk” she cursed at Yoongi wishing him a night of restless sleep.

After her shower she grabbed a mug and brought the entire pot of coffee back to her room and kicked her door shut not caring at this point if it woke anyone up. Siting down in front of her computer she stretched her fingers, happy to find that 2 of the 3 diagnostics she had been running on her homes had finished. One of the houses had been ransacked, presumably by her aunt’s people. The obvious cameras destroyed. From what she could see of the mess nothing was missing. It was probably the house that led them to the one she blew up.

She shrugged it’s not like she had anything important stashed there anyways. And there weren’t any traps so it’d be worth checking in person if need be. But to be honest she’d probably go with the second house if everything checks out as the one she’s still waiting on is too small to gift as a place for the pack. She started a couple more things before taking a laptop downstairs to the living room.

She was beyond frustrated with Yoongi as the house business is mostly a waiting game and she’d have more information than she currently had, had he let her finish earlier. But knowing the guys would freak if she were to go out on a run in the middle of the night without at least one of them with her. She opted to look over the new networking stuff in the living room.

“What are you doing up?”

Shaye glanced up at Jin who had a glass of water in his hand “I didn’t wake you with the door slamming did I?”

He slowly shook his head and stared at her until she answered his question.

“Yoongi made me sleep earlier so now I’m wid-” she stifled a yawn and glared him “Stop that. I have stuff that I should be working on plus I’ve been neglecting work. If you put me under in any way similar to Yoongi I’ll be awake for a month and as much as I wouldn’t mind that, none of you would like that.”

Jin pouted “you should still get a bit more sleep. Come back to bed with me for a few more hours at least. And I’ll promise not to put you under.”

“Fine” she closed the laptop.

He touched her hair once she was next to him. “Yah, that’s how you get sick.” He grabbed a towel form the hall closet on the way back to his room.

“Were I going to bed right after my shower I would’ve dried it properly.”

“Sit.”

She rolled her eyes but did as told.

“Going to bed or not doesn’t matter and neither does having short hair. No matter what you’re doing, you can get sick if you don’t dry your hair properly.”

“Honestly Jin, that’s never been an issue for me. But that feels really good.” Her head had dropped forward a little as she relaxed.

Jin placed a kiss at the base of her neck “Anyone of us would do this for you.”

“But I like let- sorry” she blinked “I like letting my hair air dry and it’s not like I leave it dripping wet.”

She nearly whined when he pulled the towel away. Jin smirked and pulled her down with him. “Sweet dreams.” He whispered as he ran his fingers through her hair.

---

The next morning Shaye woke to an empty bed and a quiet house. She didn’t get the sense that anything was wrong so she just got up and changed her clothes before heading for the kitchen. There she found Jungkook and Jimin lying on the floor. “Do I even want to know?”

They both looked to her with vacant looks in their eyes “We were gone longer than we expected and all of the food went bad.”

“That would explain why the house is so quiet” she nodded to herself. “Who all went to the store?”

“Everyone but us and Hoseok hyung. So if you’re looking for Suga hyung you’ll have to wait till they get back” Jimin explained.

She shrugged “Alright, Well have fun or not…” she waved at what they were doing before turning to look for Hoseok.

She found him in the living room on her laptop. “Hey Hobi” Shaye sat on the arm rest next to him.

“Hobi?” he turned to her with a goofy grin on his face. She immediately covered his mouth with her hand, eyes wide at the name that slipped out. The last thing she needed was the younger ones or anyone else complaining they didn’t have a nickname.

He gently removed her hand “I like it and I’ll keep it to myself.” He kissed her hand before going back to what he was doing.

“Thank you” She relaxed. “What are you working on?”

“You left your laptop out so I figured I’d see if I could help with the houses. Haven’t gotten far, just been reading the reports.”

“Thank you” She said through a yawn.

He set the laptop down and pulled her to his lap. “Maybe you should sleep a bit more.”

“I’m pretty sure between Yoongi putting me out and Jin making me go back to bed that I’ve now over slept.”

Hoseok hummed as he eyed her shoulder “We just want to make sure you’re getting caught up on your sleep.”

She laughed “There’s no such thing as catching up on sleep, what’s lost is lost. At this point I’ll be up for days on end and none of you will like that.”

“Have you ever thought about wearing tank tops at home?” his fingers played with the sleeve of her jersey.

 “Nope” she popped the ‘p’.

“Why not?”

Shaye shrugged “I’ve never really cared for them. Why do you ask?”

He tugged the sleeve down “Because it’s nice to see our marks on your shoulder.”

“I’ll think about it but tank tops probably won’t happen. Especially the ones with spaghetti straps.” She froze as he found his mark and traced a finger over it before placing a gentle kiss on it.

“I’m surprised you know what those are.” She kicked out at Jungkook who was now sitting in front of them on the floor.

“I might not be super feminine but that doesn’t mean I don’t know what the stores supply for women’s clothing these days.”

“Ignore him. He’s just teasing you.” Hoseok rubbed her arms “Feminine or not you’re perfect for us and we love you as you are.”