Timey wimey

Red

Shaye was suddenly aware that she was no longer in Exo’s house as she was grabbed and slammed into a brick wall. She wasn’t completely sure what was happening but she opened her eyes in time to see a fist coming towards her face. She dodged it and kicked out at her attackers whom she noticed were faceless. She wiped blood off of her lip as she huffed a laugh. Of course this was a dream. Taking control she dropped a wall between her and the faceless before turning and running towards the mouth of the alley. Someone snagged her arm as she turned the corner. “No!” she kicked out as they tightened their hold around her waist.

“It’s okay I’ve got you.”

She froze upon hearing the voice. Any other situation she would’ve laughed. It’s her first time hearing the voice but she would know it anywhere. He loosened his hold and she pushes away from him “What do you think you’re doing?” She studied his face; she’s seen it only once before in a photo her mom kept hidden in her favorite book.

“Helping you.”

Shaye’s jaw clenched as she glanced away before meeting his eyes with a fire in her own. “Help me? You think you’re going to play daddy and help me now? Where were you when she married that Thing?” she spat “Did you know about all the tests he did on me because of my blood?! Where were you when he would beat me for running away or not cooperating with his tests!? Were you waiting to show up when I was within an inch of life or after I had died?”

He hung his head “There were rules, and you would’ve come back had you died.”

“What, as some god or demon status full blooded fox thing.” She whipped around to him. “Had that happened, you would be dead” she said lowly “And what’s this about rules? You broke the damn rules to be with my mother long enough for me to be here!” She spun around for a breath before swooping back in “And don’t tell me it’s because you were forced to marry against your will. Because if I have a vampire, cat, vixen thing as a step mother make sure we never meet.”

“It’s not like that.”

She just stared at him and knew she wasn’t going to get a proper explanation “Whatever” she shook her head. “If you want to help then keep an eye on mom and don’t think I don’t know.”

“I’m-” she dismissed him with a wave of her hand.

She shot awake to find Yoongi and her brothers curled around her on the bed. Shaye climbed over the boys and off the bed in a panicked jitter. With shaking hands she found a spare shirt and hoodie before heading to the bathroom to change.

Hearing a door close Kai sat up blinking away sleep. “Where’s Shaye?” he shook the other two awake and the three ran out of the room in time to see Shaye walking down the stairs, hat low on her face.

“Where are you off to?” Chen caught up and set a hand on her shoulder she shrugged it off.

“I need some air” she turned and Jungkook grabs her wrist as she teleports.

“No!’ Kai and Taehyung shout.

“What happened?”

If anyone had still been sleeping they were woken by the teleporters’ shout. “Kook jumped with Shaye.”

“ing hell” NamJoon crossed his arms.

“I suppose neither of you can track nor follow them?” Kris asked knowing both of their abilities.

They both shook their heads “Not in this situation. We’ll have to hope they’re able to contact us after they hopefully reach wherever she was trying to go.”

--

They landed in a heap, breathing hard. Shaye pushed Jungkook over “Are you alright?” He nodded still catching his breath. “Good” she hit him “Never do that again.” She stood up, taking in as much of their surroundings as she could.

“Where are we and what’s with all the streaks?”

“We’re in the city and by the looks of it we’re in a time bubble.”

“Wouldn’t that be a loop?”

“Nope” she popped the ‘p’ “Bubble.”

“Why are the buildings so clear?”

“Because they’re stationary. Time in here is normal for us. But compared to outside the bubble we’re actually slower. All of those streaks of color. The brighter ones are lights most likely belonging to cars and the duller ones are people as well as anything else that’s moving.” She sat down on the sidewalk, legs crossed under her as she held her phone out to Jungkook. “Here, yell at me later about running off again.”

He stared at the phone in his hand. “Why?”

“Because I’m fairly certain I’m about to pass out since my magic went wacky and I spent most of my energy making it so you wouldn’t come out of the trip with broken bones or mush for brains. My phone has coding in it that’ll allow you to get a call through the bubble. Call Kai and tell him we need Tao as well.”

He frowned “Why Kai, why not Taehyung?”

She rolled her eyes and released a sigh “Because, he’s my brother. Well half but we share blood.” She waved her hand “It’ll be easier for him to track me with Tao than it would be fore Taehyung and Tao…”

“No, no, no, no. You have to stay awake.”

She managed a weak smile “I won’t die if I close my eyes. You’ll be fine I know you can handle it.”

The first thing Jungkook sees when he unlocks her screen is a message from Fujimaru with coordinates for their location. “Going alone to get some air is all fine and well. But if you’re gonna go in search of a possible portal anomaly, take someone with you.” He shook his head as he searched for Kai’s number.

“Shaye!”

“…it’s Jungkook.” Even though she explained that Kai was her brother his voice still carried a sour note.

Kai sighed on the other end “Are you two alright?”

“I tried to keep her awake but she passed out from exhaustion.”

“You can drop the attitude. You have no right to be jealous. I’m sure she explained things to you.”

Junkook huffed “What about your attitude?”

“One: You did something stupid which was dangerous to both you and Shaye and two: I’m your hyung.”

“Save your breath on the lecture. I’m sure she plans on one when she wakes.”

“Yah!” Jungkook heard a muffled “Kai” in the background. The older sighed “Where are you?”

“In the city somewhere. We’re kind of stuck in a time bubble.”

“Are you sure it’s not a loop?”

“She called it a bubble and said we would need you and Tao.”

Kai nodded on his end “I’m putting Tao on. You’ll need to explain the type of bubble to him.”

---

Tao and Kai show up in what seems like seconds after Jungkook hung up the phone. Kai picked up Shaye as Tao looked around. “Anything you can do about this?” Jungkook gestures to the surroundings.

“Nah, it’ll fix itself after we leave. She just needed me as the catalyst to get Kai inside of it and everyone out” Tao shrugged. They each took hold of Kai’s shoulders and were back in Exo’s house.

The energy from the trip wakes Shaye up and she immediately struggles to be set down. Once on her feet, she teleports herself to the bathroom. Where she proceeds to lose the contents of her stomach, what little there was anyways.

Everyone downstairs groans “Where did she go now?” Jimin was already up the stairs after seeing her face.

“Bathroom” Kai answered with a shrug.

Jimin leaned against the counter after Shaye shook her head against any help. “Why are you getting sick if you can teleport?”

Shaye shook her head as she moved to the sink “It’s not that. It’s time sickness. My fox magic activated and threw everything out of whack.” Jimin moved over so she could get to the sink to rinse out. “Why are you up here?”

“Because you had the same look that I get after traveling with Tae.”

“Well-” ‘Grrrbl….’

A roar of laughter erupted from down stairs as Jimin smiled brightly at Shaye’s red face. He squatted in front of her “Let’s go see what Kyungsoo has been working on.”

“I can walk…” she said as she swayed.

Jimin smirked over his shoulder “Not without falling over at least once. Your other option is for me to send Suga hyung up to get you.”

“Fine” she groaned before hopping on his back.

 Jimin brings Shaye to the table to find that her favorite meal is there and that Kyungsoo helped Yoongi prepare it. “Here” Kyungsoo set down a bowl of congee “Eat some of this first.”

“But” she pouted as she looked at everything else on the table. “Why?”

Jin ruffled her hair “Because you haven’t eaten anything in the past couple of days and the congee will be easy on your stomach. Now be a good girl and listen to Kyungsoo.”

Shaye nods and grumbles under her breath before taking a bite ‘I’ve gone longer without food, my stomach’ll be fine.’

Chanyeol drops into the seat next to her “How have you survived this long on your own?”

Because of course everyone in the room heard what she said. “It’s not like I purposely skip meals all the time, I get busy and tent to forget. What?” She stared at Chanyeol’s hand.

“I want to feed my baby sister” he smiled broadly.

“No thanks, I’m good” she takes another bite.

“Please? I’ve never had a sister let alone a younger one.” Shaye silently stares him down to which he blinks and glances at Tao before slowly turning back to Shaye. “Why do you look like him?”

Shaye blinked slowly “Who?”

“Tao.”

“She looks nothing like Tao” Suho said.

Chanyeol shook his head “They have the same stare.”

“That means nothing.”

Shaye shrugged and went back to eating “Well he’s not wrong.”

“What?!”