chapter 3

Transatlanticism / ( Snow Falling To You )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When school ended, Chanyeol sneaking away to the school administration room that was empty, he  searches Yoon Bomi profile. Chanyeol copy Bomi home address at the paper and get out of the room without being noticed. Chanyeol walking on the street covered by winter snow, he stopped and looked at the street in front of him. He remembered a few weeks ago he was running in the morning and met a girl. Chanyeol see the address on the paper and continued his search, he stopped again when he saw Jina get out from the car and get into a house. Chanyeol see house numbers listed in the same paper as the house entered by Jina.

Then there was an old lady who came out of the house next to Jina house.

"Excuse me, are you know there’s a girl named Yoon Bomi live around here?" Chanyeol asked.

The old lady saw Chanyeol and turned toward Jina’s house. "Yoon Bomi? Yoon Miran’s daughter? They are maid in that house,"  the old lady pointed at Jina’s house.

"Maid?"

"Ne ... so pity because Miran died so quickly."

Chanyeol silent.

"What’s wrong young man? Are you Yoon Bomi’s friend?"

Chanyeol just give a smile. "hmm… are you saw Yoon Bomi around here today?"

"I don’t know but at night when Miran died few days ago, I heard a from the house, I haven’t seen her since that day."

"Well ... thank you Grandma."

...

Bomi see her old schools were empty from student, she went straight in there and entered the teachers' room.

"Yoon Bomi, you came here, what is it?" asked one of the teachers.

Bomi smiling. "I want to pick up the items in the locker and return the key."

Bomi teachers were allowed to pick up her items in her locker, when opening the locker, an envelope falls from there. Bomi grabbed it and read it, her eyes wide open when she read it.

...

The next day, Chanyeol going to school early as usual, he walked to his locker but feel stepped on something, immediately he picked it, it is a necklace with snowflake pendant.

"What is this? Necklace… how can someone left this in here?" Chanyeol asked as he opened his locker and he saw a letter there. Chanyeol quickly opened it and read it.

 

Hi Park Chanyeol, when you send a letter in the locker Jina but is already mine, I'm so happy because the person who I like, like my poem. I like you Park Chanyeol, I don’t know when it started but it before I reply your letter at first time, I admit it, but I’d had remember quotes from book that I read before.

"People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for" - Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird.

You only see what you see, all of you hear and see Jina read the poem and thinks that she is the owner of the poem but everyone wasn’t thinking how she could write such a thing like that while on the other hand the owner of the poem was painstakingly wrote it with full feelings for the person she liked, they only hear and see, you only hear and see without looking the truth. I'm sorry I lied to you, I want to honest to you at first but I think there is a distance between us that I can’t cross if I confessed.

I’m sorry and  goodbye Park Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol clutching the letter, he then saw the necklace he found, he believes that it is belongs to Yoon Bomi, Chanyeol save it along with the last letter Bomi gave him.

...

 

9 years later ... Autumn morning…

 

Chanyeol wake up because of the sunlight shining on his room from the ventilation. He quickly showered and got dressed very neat to go to work. Chanyeol worked as an interior design consultant. Chanyeol live in an apartment that is quite luxurious result of his work.

When he reached his office ...

"Park Chanyeol!"

"Ne, Chief Kim ..."

"Can you represent me to attend this engagement ceremony? You know Byun Baekhyun right? He is the manager of the DC group, we have project with him," Chief Kim said.

Chief Kim is Chanyeol head supervisor at construction consultant company where he worked.

"Chanyeol-ssi, you're going to Baekhyun engagement ceremony?"

"You also know Baekhyun, Hakyung?" asked Chief Kim.

Hakyung nodded. "Ne, Byun Baekhyun is my college friend. Chanyeol, you remember Baekhyun right? When we ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter