Chapter 4

New feelings

Kim Woo Bin POV

It’s been a month.  Longest since I have known Jong Suk that we have not been in touch.  I am sick of missing him.  I have been feeling let down since I had heard about his date.  It bothered me so much more than I thought it would.  The thought that had happened almost immediately after we had kissed just made matters worse.  But, rationally, I know I should not be feeling this way.  We are just friends. 

But, if that is all we are, then why is Jong Suk not contacting me.  What is this radio silence?  If he at least attempts, I can take it from there.  I don’t even know what he has been thinking..

This is not normal to him not to be in touch with me for so long.  He really does not have a lot of people to talk to.  Did I push him away?    Did I overreact?  Is he keeping away because he feels the way I feel for him?

I know he does not have a girlfriend.  So, it probably was nothing serious.  Plus, he would not have kissed me like that if he had a girlfriend.  I am very sure about that. 

I miss him.  I miss his face, his chatter, his jokes, his silliness and his laughter.  I have waited too long for him to contact me.  It is time I need to do something.  I wan to get back whatever we can get back.  We were very good friends before all the complications of physical attraction.  I going to help us get back to at least that and see how it goes.

…..

Should I call him or text him?  May be just text.  He may not be available for a call and knowing the way I feel, I will feel terrible if he can’t take the call.  Text is better.  That will give him time to react and take the pressure off.

Lee Jong Suk POV

Oh so tired!  Gosh.  When can I rest again?  Where is my phone?  There are a few missed calls.  So many texts from friends.  Is that Woo Bin?  .  Its him.  I am so anxious.  It has been a month now.  Each day has been hell missing him, feeling regret and …..

 “Hi.  It’s been a while.  How are things?”

It came three hours ago.  Oh I hate my schedule.  What kind of work that does not allow me to look at my phone during breaks?  ers!  He must be waiting for my reply and I am replying him after 3 ing hours. 

“The usual.  Sorry, I was in a shoot and could not reply immediately.  Just saw your message.  Do you want to meet?  I think I have some free time tomorrow after 8pm”

This is probably the longest text I have ever sent him.  I am rambling.  Acting like a girl.  What is wrong with me?  What happened to distance?  What will he say?  Does he have time?

 “Can’t.  Shooting schedule”

I knew it. !  Why do I feel this disappointed?  He is just a friend.  I need to rationalize this.

 “Want to meet though.  We need to talk I think.  Do you have time on Friday?”

How can this make me feel so good.  This feeling is not right.  There will be so much trouble. 

I signal my manager.  “What do I have on Friday?  Woo bin had some free time and it would be great to hang out with friends.  Get some breathing time..  Can we adjust something?”

He checks the schedule.  “I think we have some room.  What time?”

I text to Woo Bin. “What time you had in mind?  I am checking with my Manager

 “Preferably after 9pm.  Uninterrupted and not time bound”

For some reason, this text makes me weak in my knees.  I think my manager sees something.  He does not understand it.  I have become an expert in hiding my emotions.  My manager knows me too well.  He can read my micro expressions and clearly my face says something.  I put on my mask.

“He is going to be free only after 8.30 night.  I will simply ask him to come with some beers and soju to the apartment.  It is easier that way.  Can we make it work?”

I think he senses my excitement.  I know my manager loves me and wants the best for me.  He knows how hard I have been working.  I have not asked for too many exceptions.  He will make it work!  I try hard not to show any major expression.  I smile widely the way always do and tell him thanks.  I feel I am bursting with something and I don’t know what it is.  I just feel great!  I don’t know what we will talk about.  May be it will not turn out to be anything.  But for now, I can hope that we will get back to where we were – even to where we were before the kisses.  I will be happy with only that.  Anything else will be bonus.

I send the confirmation.

“Friday 9pm, will my apartment do?”

“Will do.  See ya Friday”

I have 4 days before Friday to get through.  I am already impatient.  Woo Bin talked to me again.  ers are calling me again.  I am grateful to all of them.  Really.  I get like this sometimes.  No one will know.  I put on my mask, grin widely and continue my work.  4 ing days of torture!!!

I am starting the countdown to Friday.

Kim Woo Bin POV

It’s been 3 hours since I sent the text.  Bastard has no manners!   Does he even care?  I am just as busy… it’s not like I have nothing to do except to check my phone every 5 minutes.  What did I expect anyway?  May be he is serious about keeping the distance. 

I saw a photograph my fan had clicked when I was reading Jong Suk’s text the last time.  It got me really worried.  My manager saw the same photo and then my publisher saw the photograph and everyone wanted to know what happened.  I am so glad I had the presence of mind to delete those texts from Jong Suk.  I explained it to preparing for the shoot.  Practicing emotion… looking at internet at some pictures to see the expressions etc. etc.  There was nothing suspicious and they just appreciated my commitment… I let my guard down publicly.  Can’t afford that.  I have to learn from Lee Jong Suk.  He looks happy all the time.  Smiling his wide grin, being childishly cute, hanging on to everyone, touching everyone….I know what he feels.  It is his mask.  He can really hide what he feels.  Been really good at it for a while now.  I feel sorry for the bastard. 

Ping.  Text from him.

“The usual.  Sorry, I was in a shoot and could not reply immediately.  Just saw your message.  Do you want to meet?  I think I have some free time tomorrow after 8pm”

He wants to meet?  That was quick!  What is going on in his head really?  He was an insensitive prick and then silence for one month and now he wants to meet?  Let me torture him a bit.

“Can’t.  Shooting schedule”

There, that should make him feel slightly bad.  Ha!  Poor guy.  Why am I harassing him?  He must be so stressed out already and last thing he needs is me adding to that stress.  We do need to talk like adults and deal with whatever has happened.  Get some clarity and move on one way or the other.  This can’t go on.  At least not for me. 

“Want to meet though.  We need to talk I think.  Do you have time on Friday?”

I am sure he has to check with his manager.  More in demand you are, the time is not yours anymore.  It belongs to someone else.  You have to beg to get some.  I know its going to be a big deal but hopefully they can do something.

Looks like they can adjust his schedule.  Friday 9pm at his apartment. 

I should not be this excited about this!  We are just going to talk like to adults.  We are not giddy kids anymore.  It is a complicated life now and we will need to make it as uncomplicated as possible whenever we can.  So, nothing to be so excited about.

I can’t wait to see him.  Ah!  This is too much.  What is this feeling? 

Well, I have something to look forward to at least. 

……