First fight

New feelings

Lee Jong Suk POV

I wake up with a heavy head.  It is not a bad hang over and I am surprised how much I was able to drink. 

 “How are you feeling?” his text says.

I call him as soon as I receive the text.  He picks immediately.

“Did you put me to bed?” I ask him.  I wished I was sane enough to feel him but I had decided to get drunk.  But I knew he was there.  I had felt him around me all the time despite me being half sane.  I had let myself not care knowing he was around.  He would take care of me as he always did. 

….

“You are very grabby when you are drunk” he says.  I can feel his laughter on the phone.

“I don’t know what I am when I am drunk” I tell him.

“How are you feeling?” he asks again.

“I have a heavy head.  Not bad” I tell him. 

“Ah.  So no lessons learnt then?” He says.

“If you want me to learn a lesson, next time I will drink more and actually get a headache” I tell him.

“I cannot be there to take care of you each time you get drunk” he reminds me.

I know.  Let’s not remind each other what we can and cannot do.   “I will just have to find someone else then” I snap at him.

All I hear is silence.

I am already sorry.  “I am sorry” I tell him.

“Yeah, sure” he says.  I hurt him. 

……

Today is the day to sleep it all off.  But I ruined it all by being snappy at him.  Now, all I want to do is to make sure he is okay.  I walk restlessly in the apartment and finally call my manager.

“Do you think I can visit Woo Bin at his shooting site?”

Manager “Eh? What?  Didn’t you see him yesterday?”

Me “I was drunk yesterday.  He helped me.  I have a free day.  I can watch the shoot, give him company during the break, help him practice his lines or whatever.  You know cheer, like friends do to other friends”

Manager “I don’t think they will allow it Jong Suk.  There are always fans hanging around.  If they see you, it will get worse for them.  I don’t think they will like the extra attention.”

Me “Can’t you do SOMETHING?” I am getting cranky at him.  It is not his fault.  I feel desperate and I am being childish.  “Argh!” I exclaim on the phone.

Manager “Let me call his manager okay?  Did something happen?”

Me “NOTHING HAPPENED.  NOTHING HAS TO HAPPEN FOR ME TO VISIT A FRIEND ON MY FREE DAY”

Oh ! Why this is so ing hard. 

Manager “I will check and call back okay?” he tries to soothe me. 

I want to yell and scream some more.  I want to take out my frustration.  But I need to calm down. 

“Okay” I tell him.

…..

I pace restlessly waiting.

Then it hits me.  Today is actually his MC day.  He will be at the studio.  Oh, I was so dumb.  It must be my hang over.  Making me especially dumb today. 

I call my manager excitedly. 

“He is actually going to be at the studio today for this MC gig”

Manager “Yeah, I was about to call you.  I am talking to some people.  Give me some time to sort some things out okay?  Is it okay if the camera pans you during broadcast?”

“I don’t care.  I will make V sign!   Just don’t let them tell him.  Let it be a surprise” I am all excited and giddy. 

Manager “Mmmm… Just remember there will be cameras everywhere okay?   Someone will record the surprise and publish it on YouTube”

…..

I am so excited that I almost forget to eat. 

It all works out.  I can go and they will be expecting me.  They will take me to where he rehearses and I can say hi and then watch him.  They won’t mind.  If I stay during broadcast, they may show my face during the broadcast.

…..

What should I wear? Hmmmm…

…..

My hair so messy! Style, style….

…..

Should I wear this bracelet?  May be this ring…

Oh wait, I have not worn an earring for so long.  That is going to surprise him for sure. 

….

It has been a very long time since I have felt this nervous tension.

Will he be angry? Pleasantly surprised?  Unpleasantly surprised? Will he have at least a minute to talk to me?  Will I be able to at least hug and say I am sorry?  Will he understand?

Ah… so much uncertainty…

….

I look myself in the mirror.  I guess I look okay.  I pose.  Finger my hair.  Time to leave.

I am so restless on the way.

I am familiar with the place.  So, I go where my manager had told me to go.  He meets me there and I am surprised he is there and slightly irritated.  This is supposed to be my personal time.  My day off.  I don’t need managers on my day off.

“I am not working right now” I tell him.  Why does he have to be here really?  I don’t need baby sitter.

He ignores my irritation.  I think managers develop a thick skin around people they have to manage.  He always gets the worst of me.  And he is the person I trust the most.  Right now though, I am not very appreciative of being micromanaged. 

Manager “You are in public.  Don’t worry, you will barely see me”

Me “I am seeing you now”

I actually see him suppressing a laugh at my irritation.  Argh.  So annoying.  I hate pushy managers.  I am sure agency put him up to this.  I hate them too.

“He is in rehearsal right now” he says.  That immediately makes me forget my irritation.  I am excited all over again. 

“Does he know I am coming?” I ask excitedly. 

He smiles when he says no.  I grin happily. 

“Remember the cameras” he says again.  But his smile is slightly indulging.  As if he is enjoying my excitement. 

“Yeah, yeah” I tell him exasperated.

……

They allow me to enter quietly, without disturbing the rehearsal.  But girls will be girls and one girl staffer squeals. 

Everyone is irritated and looks at her.  She points to me and then apologizes to everyone knowing she was disturbing.  I am so embarrassed.   I bend and apologize to everyone.  My eyes seek him and he looks at me utterly shocked.  And then immediately rearranges his face for the camera as they continue to rehearse.  I have no idea how he is able to show that control.  I admire how he is less nervous than me hosting a show.  I always felt I at that job.  Those were not my best days.  I sit in the corner, make myself really small, not obstructive at all and watch him.  I am just happy watching him quietly. 

He comes to me when a boy band does their rehearsal.  5 minutes before he goes back.  He has to read his script so, I probably get 1 or 2 minutes.  I don’t care.

“What the ?” he asks me as he hugs me.  It will look very weird if we don’t hug and smile when there are people around us. 

“Wanted to say sorry” I tell him.

“You have balls” he tells me.

“I thought you saw them and liked them” I tell him. 

His shoulders are shaking because he is laughing now and I know I am forgiven. 

He shakes his head in disbelief.  “Are you staying?”

“As long as you want” I tell him happily.

 I let him get back to his thing.

…..

He tells me to sit closer so that he does not waste a minute walking to me.  I go and sit wherever he tells me to.  He sits next to me during band rehearsal and I don’t disturb him when he studies his script.  I just stay quietly and watch.  I am so perfectly content.  I cannot think any other way to spend my day off.

He gives me his special looks whenever he gets a chance and I just smile and grin at him.

…..

Rehearsal is finally over and he gets just 10 minutes before they start preparing him for live broadcast.

…..

He immediately looks for me and hugs me again. 

“How did you manage this?” he asks me.

I put on my best flirty face “I have my ways”.

“Your manager handled it right?  Did you throw a fit?” He knows me too well.

I pout a little.  “He deserved it”

“He knows about us” he throws a bombshell.

“What?” I am so shocked to hear that and I forget for a moment where we are. 

“Yeah.  Careful, careful.  People around”

I lower my voice immediately “He knows?”

“You were not trying to hide it yesterday Sukkie.  If your friends were not drunk, they all would have known as well.  He saw you and he saw us.  You were not particularly careful.  So, yeah, he knows”

I am so confused at that piece of information. 

I look at my manager who has kept to his word.  He made sure he was invisible.  But when I meet his eyes, he bends his head down. Yeah, he knows.

…..

Woo Bin does not get any respite after those brief moments.  He had told me to stay for the live broadcast and I was happy to cheer for him.  Thankfully, they don’t show my face and fans don’t know I am there.  A good cap and a scarf can help. 

He knows where I am sitting and so he makes sure he looks at me and smiles whenever he can.  I smile back but he cannot see because half of my face is covered with scarf.  But I know he is happy because I am there. 

…..

When he is all done, he has to be back at the set of his drama. 

But he has a dressing room to wash up and that is where I finally have some alone time with him.

…..

The moment we enter, I do what I have been waiting for the last 5 hours.  I pull him and kiss him.  He kisses me back as hungrily.  It gets heated pretty quickly as one of his hand goes on my to pull me towards his crotch and the other circles around my neck and presses to deepen the kiss.   I thread my hand through his hair and neck, feeling every tug, every pull, every and every .

We end it with a content peck on lips.  Both of us continue to stay glued to each other.  We look into each other’s eyes as we smile.  “You look really good” he says.

“I tried” I tell him.

“How did the earing come about?”

“I thought you would be surprised” I respond back with a smile.

“I was” he says.  “Reminds me of Han Tae Sun”

“Did you watch him?” it is a dumb question.  I have watched everything he has been in I don’t know how many times. 

“Of course I did.  Now I am marathoning High Kick just to see your face “ he says as he keeps pecking at my lips, forehead, cheeks, ears and eyes.

“I have a cute face.  It is worth it” I tell him as I enjoy all the attention.

He laughs at me as he swoops to claim my lips again.

We kisses me lazily, as if we have all the time in the world.   I close my eyes and go with his pace.  He is clearly so much better at all the physical stuff we do that all I can do is enjoy the sensation and return it with as much passion and feeling as I can muster. 

My hand unconsciously moves to his that has been pressing one me for few minutes now.

“We can’t” he says.

I groan in reply. 

He finally loosens his hold. 

“ing frustrating” he says.

“May be a quickie?” I ask him.

He checks the lock.  “5 minutes or less” he tells me.

“I think 3 minutes” I tell him grinning happily.

It takes us less than 3 minutes.  First few seconds are spent in making sure we don’t have pants on so that we don’t stain. 

…..

“We are ing pathetic!” he declares.

....