There is no one else

New feelings

Lee Jong Suk Manager’s POV

Today I had a meeting at the agency with the CEO.  It is mostly a catch up meeting.  Lee Jong Suk is agency’s hottest star.  His movie is doing well.  His acting has been praised by everyone.  So, agency is in a good mood.  They expect his value going up again this year.  We need to decide how to shape his image, what kind of roles to explore after this, what we are going to do with his military duty, which products would suit the image, what are the antifans saying?  What are the fans saying?

“How is he feeling these days?” the CEO asks me.

“He is happy.  He is tired but he is better than how he was during that movie.”

“Good good”.

“I think fans are ready to see him dating.  What do you think?” CEO asks me again.

These are dangerous grounds.  I am not really supposed to tell Jong Suk everything that we discuss in these meetings.  In the end, I am an employee of the agency.  But, this is too sensitive and too personal.  I will have to talk to Jong Suk about this very soon.

“Yeah.  I think so.  I have seen threads discussing his potential girlfriend candidates” I laugh lightly.

“He has been saying he is lonely and wants to get married.  What is that about?  We did not brief him on that.” COE asks. 

“How many times has he stuck to the script?” I ask them.

“Anyway, it is a good thing.  Even if he dates, I think there won’t be too much backlash” COE ponders loudly.

“Is he interested any particular girl?  I am really surprised he has no girl friend.” he asks me.

It is cold out.  But I am sweating with all these questions. 

“He has been so busy…Where was time for girl friends?  He is so awkward to approach anyone either” I tell him.  I don’t answer anything directly.

“Well, that is part of his charm right?  That is why all the noona’s love him” CEO says thoughtfully.  I am sure he is actually thinking business.

“Is it possible he is gay?” he asks me suddenly.

“What?  What are you saying?” I show all sorts of shock on my face.

“I was just kidding.  Though, it does not matter if no one knows” CEO again.

“Eh?  It does not matter?” I question him.  That shocked me more than the sudden question.

“What? I don’t really care personally.  Why are you so shocked?  What did you think I am homophobic?”

“I am just shocked, that is all”

“It is not good for business but I don’t care at a personal level.  I have a friend who is gay by the way.  He is as normal as any guy.  In fact better.” He almost looks offended that I was shocked by his matter of fact delivery.

“Anyway, I saw him with Kim Woo Bin at the movie night.  He was sticking to him like glue and Woo Bin did not seem to mind.  I was just curious.  But he is touchy feely anyway” he goes on and on, muttering to himself. 

I stay quiet and let him ramble.  He can get quite chatty when he is in good mood.

“You want a shot of scotch?” he asks me.

I laugh at him.  He is not a bad guy.  He is much easier with his stars.  He gives them a lot of freedom.  Yes, he needs his investment returns and he can get ruthless with contracts and star’s time.  But that is part of business.  Today, I see him in another light. 

“Sure.  A toast for Lee Jong Suk then!”

He pours me and himself a glass. 

“There is time for his next drama.  Why don’t you set him up with some blind dates?” he asks me next.

“Do we really have to interfere with that?  If he likes someone, I will help him figure it out.  I don’t want to set him up unless he asks me.” I tell him.

“True True” He nods as he downs his drink.   “Ahh.  That burns” he says.

We talk more business.  At least he stops talking about Jong Suk’s love life.

I breathe a sigh of relief.

I am not sure how long we can keep this up.  But I guess we are still okay.

They both have been careful.  Though Jong Suk gets a little careless.  But good thing is, he has already built up an image of being touchy feely and his friendship with Woo Bin.  It works perfectly as a cover for now. 

…..

His schedule is getting lighter again now that movie is released.  Now, he has fan meetings next month but he gets couple of weeks off.  He wants to travel, preferably with Woo Bin.  I don’t know sometimes if he thinks things through.  I am sometimes glad Woo Bin has a head on his shoulder.

…..

He has been reading the initial script for his next drama.  We are hanging around in the agency.  I have an office there and he sits on the couch, completely focused on the script.

I watch him immersed in his work.  I admire his dedication.  My heart suddenly fills with love for this awkward, lovable boy.  He suddenly looks up and I divert my eyes. 

“What?” he says. 

“How is the script looking?  Any trouble with medical terms?”

“They are complicated.  I will have to remember all this. .. God!” he whines.

“Well, you chose it.  So,..” I needle him.  Sometimes, it is fun to get him irritated. 

He looks at me thoughtfully.  “You have something on your mind, don’t you?” hmmm…

“CEO wants me to set you up on blind dates” I tell him honestly.

Now he is irritated.

“Didn’t he say he will not interfere with my personal affairs? “

“You know it is not that simple Jong Suk” I try and explain it to him.

“Well, I am not going on blind dates” He says firmly.

“I know.  But one or two dates is not a big deal”

“What are you talking about?  You know what is going on with me!” he asks me.

“All the more reason Jong Suk” I tell him. 

“No.  I do not want to have this conversation again.  If I don’t have anything today, I want to go home now.” he tells me.  Clearly he is disturbed. 

“Talk to Woo Bin” I tell him. 

“I said I don’t want to talk about this anymore” his tone is cold.

He can get very cold when he is very angry.  I see him clench his jaws. 

Well, that is that!

My job will probably get even more difficult…

I sigh..

…..

Lee Jong Suk’s POV

I seethe as I am driven to my apartment.  Just when I am beginning to feel happiness, they want to interfere. 

I text him. “You free?”

Luckily he is available.  He calls me back.

“Hey.  How are you my Sukkie?” he is all flirty.  I instantly feel better.

“I was angry.  Now I feel better” I tell him.

“Why were you angry?”

“My agency wants me to go on blind date”

He is quiet. 

“Way to ruin the mood” he says after a beat.

“Yeah” I agree.

“Do they have a girl in mind?” he asks.

“Are you serious?  Why would I even ask that?  That does not interest me.  What?  Do you want me to go on a blind date?” I am angry at him now.

“Hey Hey…Come on..I was kidding.”

“Well, this is not kidding around topic.” I tell him.

He is quiet again.

“Don’t stress out about it.  You told them no right?  So, it’s fine.” He calms me down.

“I am still irritated”

“Okay, you can take out your frustration on me.  You have 5 full minutes” he tells me.

So, I curse my agency, industry, business, my manager, my popularity, press, antifans, and everyone else I can think about.

I finally stop.

I feel much better.

“Are you done?” he asks me.

“Yeah”

“Feel better?”

“A little bit”

I can hear him laugh. 

“Now you can start using your head.  We will talk more later okay?”

“Okay.”

He is the only person in the world I can talk to.  There is no one else. 

…..