Manager's story

New feelings

Lee Jong Suk’s Manager POV

Kim Woo Bin came in yesterday and I knew Jong Suk was not expecting him.  But just watching the way Woo Bin looked for Jong Suk, went to him, squeezed himself between friends and how naturally Jong Suk smiled and leaned on his shoulders made me worry.

That looked nothing like friendship.

That looked like Woo Bin was very possessive and Jong Suk liked it.

……

Their interactions are scaring the crap out of me.  They are just too intimate.  Their smiles for each others are nothing like friends.  Jong Suk’s body language has changed drastically the moment Woo Bin has sat next to him.  His smiles at Woo Bin are disturbing me.  That is not how friends smile at each other.  I watch them, very concerned.

Then Woo Bin looks at me.  All defiant.  Challenging me. 

…..

I watch them in the club.  How Jong Suk is always looking at Woo Bin, how he looks panicked the moment the body contact is gone and how Woo Bin responds by immediately holding his hands or putting his head on Jong Suk’s head. 

I see Jong Suk whisper something in Woo Bin’s ears.  I see both of them flush and I am suddenly uncomfortable watching them.  I divert my eyes as I see Jong Suk’s hand movements. 

My brain finally registers and understands all the knots that I have had in my stomach.

This is what that is causing all the crankiness. 

It looks like all their fans were not wrong.  There is something going on.  I don’t really know how it has happened but it has. 

I want to protect the both of them.  Mostly I want to protect Jong Suk.  Between the two of them, I worry more for Jong Suk.  But, based on what I am seeing, Woo Bin looks as engaged if not more.  I almost feel Woo Bin will be more hurt.  He watches Jong Suk with such caring in his eyes that it makes me sad. 

I pity both of them.  It is going to be so hard for both of them ….

…..

When Woo Bin says he will take care of Jong Suk after the party, I trust him enough for both of them to allow him to have his moment. 

…..

They are both adults.  They have both gone through enough hardships to know where they are.  What opportunities lie in front of them. 

They are both just becoming successful.  I am certain about both of their ambition to know enough that they will not compromise their careers.

Sometimes, they have to pay the price.  They need to decide what they want more. 

They are just too young.  I am older and I firmly believe, for now, careers come first. 

Heartaches may feel big when you are young but in the long term, they are not the same thing.

I hope for both of their sakes they are not reckless.

…..

I love Jong Suk enough to help him out with all this.  I will nudge him to take the rational path.  I will listen to him when he is heartbroken.  I will hold him when he cries because I know he will.  In the end, Jong Suk wants to be an irreplaceable actor.  That is his ambition.  He also wants to get married and have a romance like in the dramas.  He clearly does not live in real life.  He is very conflicted. 

I am hoping both the boys are going through a phase in their lives and they will get over soon.  With distance and time. 

But I want to be there for Jong Suk when he realizes that real life is not a drama.  You can’t love a boy and life rearranges itself. 

I want to do whatever I can to make them happy.  Keep away people when my Jong Suk laughs like this.  I love him like my brother.  If this is what he wants, however temporary, I want it for him.

So, I will give him privacy whenever it is Woo Bin. 

It makes his smiles brighter and I am happy for him.

......