Settling down

New feelings

Kim Woo Bin’s POV

Just a few days ago, he texted me a selfie.

He was grinning with a delighted face, with his customary V sign and his hair was all blond.

“WTF?  A wig?” I texted him back.  I could not believe he would do something shocking like that.

“Nope, all me!”

Then another selfie with a pouty mouth.  He was clearly having fun!

“Don’t you have movie promotions and an award function?” I called him back.  He made that into a video chat and started preening in front of me.

“Oops!”  He was all brightness and cheer…

“Everyone agreed to this?” I could not help laughing.

“Nope.  How do I look?”

Well, “Keep the camera a little further away, let me see” I instructed him.

“It will need some getting used to”

“You have no sense of adventure” he told me.

“I will inspect it tonight and give my final judgment” I promise him.

“Are you going to get scolded?” I asked him.

“May be.  I don’t give a right now.  I will dye it back later”

I don’t know how he can get away rebelling this way.  Our business does not really allow us to rebel much.

Even an occasional pimple is not allowed!! 

……

It made gossip headlines.  Everyone called it a prince like look.

It came up in every interview. 

I wonder if he knew the attention it would get when he impulsively decided to make the change.

But, it all worked out for him.

……

I am still getting used to it…

……

“Which color you want to try next?” I ask him.

“Grey or white” he tells me.

“Next time, dye all the hair” I tell him as I lower his boxers to give his throbbing hard on some release.

“ert!” he tells me as he groans under my machinations. 

……

He has been grabbing awards at almost every award functions recently.  I know he feels embarrassed receiving awards.  Most of the time, he feels he does not deserve them yet.   He does not realize the audience loves him and he deserves it as much as anyone who works as hard.

I have watched him smile awkwardly, accept his awards gracefully and do his little thank you speeches.

….

The network award function is coming up and I am hosting the event along with his favorite noona.  He has become very attached to her.  I still remember he actually felt all depressed for couple of days when her marriage was announced.  He was still in his character frame of mind and in his head, she was still his girlfriend. 

Sometimes, he gets attached too much….

…..

He is not really very comfortable in award functions.  He sits like a good boy but they bore him most of the time.  And if he someone he is not familiar with, it is a torture for him to sit through. 

…..

 “I will try and make sure you are sitting right in front of me” I tell him.

“Argh..I will get more nervous watching you on stage” he complaints.

“Make sure you don’t make any comments about me.  Then everyone will look at me and I hate that.”

That I know.  But I have to follow the script.  Thankfully, the network wants to give a lot of attention to the drama I was in and it all works perfectly fine.  Except for an initial reference, he does not get commented on.  I am glad he looks comfortable.  He grins at me, nods, smiles and looks perfectly okay.  It also helps his second most favorite person is also on the stage.  His noona. 

I am just glad we can have these moments. 

….

During one of the breaks, I ask him how he is doing.  He says, he is getting tired.

I ask him how I am doing.  “Looking for ego boost again?”

“Always”. 

……

“Want to create a scandal?” I ask him.

“Eh?” he asks me with a puzzled face.

“I can bend and your ears” I tell him with a straight face when I am sipping my water.

“You are a ing bastard” He tells me, all red in the face.  His ears look completely red.

“Don’t use bad words.  People are shooting videos everywhere” I tell him.  Keeping my straight face.

His red face is always priceless.  Playing with him is always fun. 

Ahem…This is not the time to flirt.  I have a show to host.

…..

These days, I try and spend nights in his apartment whenever I have a chance.   We have been seeing each other more frequently.  Though, in complete privacy.  The only person who knows is his manager.

I am not sure if his manager likes me that much.  But he loves Jong Suk and I am okay if he does not like me that much.  He does not come in our way.  I have been very thankful to him for taking care of Jong Suk.

…..

I am at the agency gym with my roommate.  Now that people recognize me, I can’t use the gym I used to go to once.  Our Agency has a gym for their assets and that is where I work out these days.  They allow you to come with a guest but they are careful who the guests are.  My roommate is allowed as he does not get start struck.

“Where are you spending your nights these days?” he asks me suddenly.  He is smiling.  Just curious more than anything else.  We all know who is dating who though no one pries much. 

“What?” I did not expect this question from him.  Our schedules are so busy that we rarely cross paths.  We have to actually make plans if we want to do something together.  So, this question comes out of the blue.

“You have not been spending time in the apartment.  Just curious.  Found a girl friend?”

I think furiously as to how to answer this question. 

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to” he says.  I laugh awkwardly.

I don’t answer his question.

“Don’t mention it to others” I tell him.  “When I am ready, I will tell”

I know he won’t.

…..

But that makes me think how long I can keep this up.  I do have close friends who will soon start getting curious. 

…..

“Lee Jong Suk is everywhere” he tells me another time.  “How is he doing?”

“What?” Jesus!  Why the am I this sensitive!

“You guys are close right?  He is in all the channels” he gestures to the TV.

Oh!  That!

Today he is wearing a shocking pink coat.  It contrasts that blond hair of his.  A short laugh escapes me at all his fashion choices.  I think his stylist noona is having a good time with him.

The volume is low and with all the noise in the gym, I can’t really hear what he is saying.  He is supposed to have presscon to promote the new movie today.  Must be one of the interviews.

I still watch him.

“When I look at you now, it looks like you are in love with that dude” my friend laughs at me.

“What?”

Yeah.  These days I seem to be saying “What?” at lot….

“Are you going to his VIP premiere?”

“Oh No.  My schedule won’t work.”

“Is he going to be disappointed?” he asks.

“Naa.  I am sure he will be fine.  His noona will be there” I laugh. 

What I don’t tell him is that I have already watched the movie.  They had a private screening for the actors & their agency bosses and actors were allowed one guest.  Jong Suk took me.

He is fantastic in the movie.  I am very proud of him.  I think it is his best work yet. 

I hope the movie does well.  It would not matter as much because, I know he will do well no matter what. 

And I can’t this up for him.

…..

He nitpicked everything after we watched it together. 

“Should I have done it that way?  May be it would have been better if it was that way!  Did I break the accent at any time?  Did you get emotional that time?  Did you laugh at that?”

“I got hurt in that scene you know.  That bastard friend of yours hit me really hard”

One of his coactor in the movie is part of my friend cirle.

His Incessant questions and chatter continued all the way home.

I finally had to pointedly ignore him by pretending to be busy with phone.

“You are not very supportive at all” he complained.

But he looks much happier with himself in this movie.  He went through several weeks of anxiety after his previous movie.

……

I have not told him about what my roommate asked me.  I don’t want to stress him about anything right now.  We will figure this out when we have to.

…..