Chapter Eight

His little sister

"____" Joon smiles at the sight of you running towards the school gate.

"oh! Annyeong oppa" you smiled back and slow down your pace when you're inside the school.

"Where's 4MINUTE?" you asked him when you notice the absence of female jjang.

"They have work to do..." Joon said.

"ooh... what about you?" you asked.

"MBLAQ? we're gonna skip class when 4Minute came back. oh? You're not with Yongguk?" his eyes brightened.

"Yongguk oppa woke up late so i left him." you chuckled and walk with Joon towards the class.

"_____!!!!" you heard a low voice shouting your name.

Behind you, Yonggu is panting and glaring at you while Joon's face turned sour.

"Why did you leave me?!" he whined.

"You were late." you just shrug.

"Well, i'm gonna go to the gym first. i have p.e " He said and ruffled your hair before he left.

"Oppa?" you called Joon who seems to be lost in his own thoughts.

"huh? oh, let's go to class." he stuttered, making you chuckle as both of you walked inside.

***

"Aish!" Hyunah cursed as she entered the cafeteria and grab a seat next to you. 4Minute just came back during the break time.

"Waeyo?" you asked.

"we fail a mission." Hyunah mumbled.

"omo! You guys are not punished aren't you?" you asked in worry.

Even though you're not in a gang, you know that if they failed a mission, their boss usually give punishments.

"No.. it's a long-term mission. It's just that we didn't get the information we needed.." Gayoon said.

"oo... " you just said, curious at the mission.

"What are you up to anyway?" yongguk asked.

"We need to find someone..." Jihyun said, leaving out the 'killing' part, since they didn't want to scare you and Yongguk who are not a part of the gang.

"who?" you asked.

"That's what we don't know... aish, this mission is the worst." Jiyoon muttered, munching on her bread.

Soon after that, BEAST joined and all of you started to talk about other things though after a while the topic came back to the mission they have.

"How's the interrogation?" Doojoon asked 4Minute.

"No use. we even use force on him but he didn't say anything. let alone the gender of our target." Sohyun said.

"He's still alive?" Yoseob asked.

"What do you think, yoseob? Of course he is.He's an asset to the company, that's what boss said." Hyunseung said, rolling his eyes.

"It's weird though." Dongwoon said.

"what's weird?" Junhyung asked.

"How there's not a single trace of her."

"Her? It's a she?" Hyunah's ears perked up.

You and Yongguk stayed silent while listening to the conversation.

"Well, it is said his sister vanished around 7-9 years ago and no one has ever heard from her again. I think we're looking for a girl here."  Dongwoon said.

You furrowed your eyebrows, curious and confused.

"i thought you got a concrete information." Hyunah said, continuing her 'jaejoong fangirling' moment.

"I think we're looking for a girl." junhyung nods, followed by the others.

"Now all we need to know is how she looks right now..." Kikwang said.

"DBSK is really great, having such ability to hide Jaejoong's little sister to such extent." Gayoon said.

You can feel your body tensed up at the words and from the corner of your eyes you saw Yongguk stopped eating.

"But they're no longer in a group. Everyone is scattered around and even that JYJ is now working as a local singer. I think it'll be easy to find her." Yoseob said.

"You're right. We'll just need to find Jaejoong's sister. hm... i wonder how she'd look like now..."  Doojoon said.

"YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!" seungho and the rest of MBLAQ suddenly runs towards them.

"what?" Junhyung asked.

"It's her photo 14 years ago!" Joon exclaimed, thrilled that they're one step closer.

You and Yongguk peeked in and let out a silent gasped when you saw the photo.

It was a picture of you, Jaejoong and your sister when you were 5 years old. Too busy celebrating, everyone didn't realized your paled face.

Yongguk holds your hand and look at your eyes as if saying 'i'll protect you,___'

You nod and scooted closer to him, feeling a comfortable feeling when you're with him. Joon noticed it and his heart burned in jealousy, misinterpreting the reason of your closeness with Yongguk.

***

2011/12/03 Saturday

By Seoulchae