Chapter One

His little sister

"Do you have any sibling?" a reporter asked him.

The latter smile in content before his head shook from left to right.

"I wish i had one though." he flashed his white teeth, earning a round of screaming from his fans.

***

You nod in approval as you watched the interview. Among the 1000+ fans who gathered today, you'd probably the only one who's not attracted to him and his fellow members. For a split second, his eyes meet yours and you simply smile before you your heels and walked away from the suffocating place.

The showcase ended three hours later and with his fellow members, he walked out of the stage, drenched in sweats. The screaming of their fans still echoed in the stadium and it puts a smile on their faces as they said their goodbyes to them.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" The maknae of the three asked him.

He sat on the couch and sighed.

"am i that embarassing to have as a brother?" he asked them.

They knew what this is all about.

"She's not embarassed..." The maknae started.

"She's just  afraid of the attention that would be given just because she's my sister." he finished.

"You can't blame her for this, jaejoong hyung..." Yoochun added.

they  all sit in silence as the past incident flashed in their mind.

 

***9 years ago***

"Jaehwa~!" 13 years old junsu ran inside the house only to find the 10 years old girl in tears as she stuffed her clothes into a suitcase.

"y-yah! what's wrong?!!" Junsu panicked, trying to stop her.

"I hate oppa." she mumbled.

The latter just glared at him and slapped his hands away.

"Jaehwa? waegeurae? [what's wrong]" Yoochun walks inside, hearing the commotion.

He watched Jaehwa tried to wriggled herself out of Junsu's grip. 

"Tell us what's wrong." Yoochun smiles at the girl.

Yoochun always has the talent to calm her down no matter what happens, and to get the truth out of her. But this time she didn't say anything. She just sat there in silence with a blank face and red puffy eyes.

Yoochun noticed her wrinkled clothes and her messy hair.

"what happened?" he brushed her hair with his fingers. 

His action stopped when he saw a faint bruise along her arms. He pulled up the sleeves and gaped at the bruises and cuts.

"Who did this to you?" Junsu whispered.

"Oppa's fans." she mumbled.

This is not the first time she came home in a bad mood but this time it has gone too far. For a little girl, Jaehwa sure have suffered a lot. 

"hey jaehwa-- what the-" jaejoong entered the room and stop in the middle of his sentence when he saw her condition.

"Oppa" 10 years old jaehwa runs into her brother's arms and bawl. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, gently caressing her back.

"Unni-deul at my school asked me for your number but i don't want to give it to them... i told them oppa is mine.. and they hit mee..." she cried.

Jaejoong's heart cringed at her cries. It was obviously his fault. His sister has never been the one under the spotlight. Their parents always adored him, ignoring her presence, which drives him mad, making him left the house to live with his childhood friends and Jaehwa. As  if it wasn't enough, Jaehwa was constantly picked on at school, for being his sister.

A sister of a kingka slash trainee slash jjang. They would approach her just to get to know the fellow kingkas. and when she rejects them, they won't hesitate to hurt her.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered, hugging her tightly.

"Oppa, i want to move school... can't i?" she asked.

Jaejoong immediately nods. He will never disagree with his most treasured person. He called the school and started to get the documents needed for her to transfer school. He's still 16 but he couldn't care less about his studies when his sister is on the line.

"Yoochun, junsu, help her out first." Jaejoong said.

"what happened?" Yunho entered the house with Changmin.

Jaejoong sighed and explained to them as he busily typed on his phone.

***

2011/11/27 sunday

By seoulchae