Chapter Twenty One

His little sister

 

 

You stared at your iPhone screen for five minutes before you look up and bit your lips, contemplating on whether you should tell your friends or not.

"what's wrong?" Kikwang approached you.

"nothing." you shook your head, deciding not to tell anyone about it.

"um, i'm going to go out for a while, oppa. Can you please tell the others so they won't look for me?" you asked kikwang.

He nods and ruffled your head.

"Be careful." he gently said, making you smile in return.

"i will." you said before the door closed.

***

Getting off the bus 10 minutes later, you walked down the road, towards a small restaurant.

"Oppa." you greeted the good looking guy in front of you.

He told you to sit.

"I know about it, Jaehwa." he started.

you widened your eyes.

"oppa... are you.."

"no i'm not gonna kill you." he smiles while you let out a sigh of relief.

"I want to help you." he said.

"you can join us."  you smiled at him but he shook his head.

"it's not gonna work. You're going to put them in danger that way, Jaehwa. It's like fighting your own brothers." He said.

you look down. He's right, you thought.

"i've been thinking...." 

"ne oppa?" 

"I'm going to leave Korea soon. I wanted to start a new life in Seattle. a friend of mine lend me some rooms. so i wonder if you'd like to come with me." he said.

"What? but i cannot leave my brother. what about my friends?" you asked, baffled. 'what about kikwang?' you thought.

"I know it's hard but it's for the best don't you think? No one will get hurt." He said.

"You're right..." you finally said after a long silence.

He smiled at you and pat your head.

"I will protect you, Jaehwa." he said.

You smile and nod.

"Thank you, Joon oppa." 

***

"what?" Jaejoong's eyes seems to get bigger as he repeated the same words.

"um... i'm leaving korea?" you said.

"are you an idiot?" he asked.

"I just don't want to trouble you anymore..." you mumbled.

"You can't leave." Jaejoong sternly said.

"I have to. You will get hurt. Everyone will get hurt." You stubbornly replied.

"I will not let you, Jaehwa. You're the only person in the family that i really love. I won't let you go." He said.

"what's wrong?" Yongguk asked, noticing the tense atmosphere between Kim siblings as he and the rest of the gang entered the penthouse.

"Nothing." you smiled and your eyes stopped at Kikwang who was worriedly looking at you.

"I'll just.. i'm gonna be in my room." you said and walked off.

"We bought dinner." Junhyung said.

"I'm full." you said and closed the door.

"what happened?" Hyunah spoke up.

Jaejoong sighed and grabs his phone.

"She wants to leave korea with her friend. She insisted that it's for the best." jaejoong said.

"but no one asked her, right?" kikwang said, panic runs all over his body, worrying that you might leave.

"That MBLAQ guy, lee joon or something. He found out and told her to leave with him." Jaejoong said, feeling the anger rise up again.

Kikwang gritted his teeth.

'that sly bast*rd. I'm going to kill him.' he thought.

***

2011/12/17 saturday

By Seoulchae