#Practice 005

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 005
It takes one to talk, to get the other to do so.

 

"Yah, why didn't you answer my calls? Do you know how worried I was? Yah Lee Mia!"

 

"..."

 

Mia remained silent as she continue to listen to Rian ranting about how inconsiderate she was for ignoring her calls. Rian was worried sick, or so she heard. Mia sighed and placed the phone on the desk, putting it on loudspeaker as she turned around to get a glass of water. It wasn't as if she wanted her to worry, she simply couldn't bring herself to answer Rian's phone calls, knowing that no matter what, this will happen. 

 

Yes, Rian will nag and rant about things no matter what she does.

 

If it weren't for her ignoring her calls, Rian would probably be ranting about something else instead.

 

The thought of that made Mia stare at the phone blankly as the girl continued to babble her day to her. Is she serious about telling her what's going on in her life now? Mia shook her head and sigh in dismay. She'll just left her phone as it is and decided to do some revision for the quiz this upcoming friday. She always does so, and Rian should have expected that by now, seeing that she never replies to anything Rian says. But to Rian, she's probably the best listener she can find, after all, she never talks back when she rants about things even though it doesn't make sense at all.

 

Mia reached for her earplugs and connected it to her laptop, thinking it'll bring a little peace to her ears from Rian's rant.

 

"And Mark-" Her ears perked up, and her eyes shot right at the phone. What did she say? 

 

"He's acting so weird today, I can't even pin point how weird he was but he spaced out more than usual today!" Mia frowned at the sound of it. That man, spaced out? She shook her head, not wanting to imagine his expression when he does so. Even so, what's wrong with spacing out? It wasn't as if he did anything wrong. 

 

"And when Jackson said he caught him checking someone out, you, YOU WERE THERE!" Rian cursed lightly, and Mia had to hold back a chuckle, recalling the moment by the window.  

 

"I was going to go to you, if I wasn't too busy arguing with that idiot..." Mia then heard a soft mumble. That was when Mia decided to remove the earphones and picked up her phone to get clearer information. 

 

Idiot? She raised an eyebrow, curious. She wasn't usually this curious of who Rian has been talking about, but seeing how she had been acting up, there must be something going on. 

 

She heard a sigh. "Nevermind, let's not talk about him. He's probably with his girlfriend right now." Rian mumbled, and all Mia can reply is a sigh in dismay.

 

Boring. She thought, throwing herself to the bed and casted the phone aside, allowing Rian to talk to herself as she closes her eyes. 

 

"His girlfriend is in your class." Mia spun her head to the phone and frowned. Who is she talking about? She wondered, but didn't bother asking. "Jisoo, even though she's sweet and all, but I still couldn't believe that they're an item. I mean really, how?" 

 

Jealous? She smirked, not voicing it out. 

 

Rian sighed once more. "Anyways, thanks for listening. What am I saying? You probably left your phone somewhere around the corner and decided to do your things..."

 

Mia shrugged. Well, she was half-correct. She faced the ceiling and stared at the blank screen. Oddly, she thought she found a shade of crimson, and the thought of that simply caused her to flip. Her call ended with 2 loud beeps, but she didn't bother to reach for her phone then.

 

Mark, that name belonged to the man whom she had helped that night, the man whom she thought that she wouldn't meet again. Mark... She hummed, recalling the little details she caught on his face. Every frown of his brows, every glitter of hope that shone in his eyes... She knew she might sound weird saying this, but every detail became so significant to her, that it has began to scare her. 

 

It hasn't even been a week that they met each other. Not even a day since she knew his name. She quickly casted the thoughts aside. That's enough mindless thoughts for the day, she decided, and pulled herself up to approach the study desk once more. She has got to get him out of her mind, and that is what she is going to do.

 

Her phone buzzed, vibrating on the thick futon. Mia turned around, her lips thinned when she unconsciously reached to grab her phone and unlocked the screen. Her heart stopped.

 

Mark. 

 

It wasn't a call. Though she was thankful, but seeing the name itself was more than enough to get his image planted back in her mind, so deeply that she found it disturbing. Why did he messaged her? She wondered. Curiously, she read the message.

 

Hey.

Sorry to bother you.

I just want to say hi.

 

She smiled slightly and responded.

 

Hi.

 

 

A smile appeared on the young man's face as he heard the sound of his phone, notifying that he had received a message. Unlocking his phone screen, he had found it. Her name was there.

 

He read the message and chuckled. Although it was a one-word reply, that was all it took to send him to cloud nine.

 

How should I continue the conversation though? He wondered, rubbing the back of his neck as he tried to construct all the possible sentences to respond to her message. 'How's your day?' Sounds too cliche, and it hasn't been a day since he had gotten her number. 'What are you doing now?', no, that would make him sound desperate. He sighed and lied on his bed. 

 

He's starting to regret being the quiet one in his circle of friends. Being the listener fo the group, he never once thought of taking the initative to sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter