#Practice 045 (The Last Practice)

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 045
The last practice, and a never ending cycle. 

 

1 year, 2 months, 3 days and still counting.

 

She strode, ran as fast as her legs can take her as she glances at her watch. She was running late. She mentally cursed her brother for holding her back from leaving the house. It was almost weird, and odd for her brother to stand all stiffly by the door as she tries her best to leave the house. She huffed, annoyed that the kid was growing slightly too tall for her liking.

 

She ran down the street, hoping that he wasn't going to wait for long. The red shade was no longer present, replaced with a beautiful shade of blonde. She pursed her lips, recalling the reason behind his sudden change of color. "Well, I'll have to pull your attention back from Jung Daehyun." She nibbled her lips as soon as she caught a glimpse of his figure leaning casually by the side of the road. He was playing with his phone while he waits for her. 

 

"Mark." He looked up and smiled at her. "Mia." He called and caught her hand. Gently, he tugged her hand into his jacket pocket as they walked. Flowers bloomed, showered down a beautiful light shade of spring before them. Mark was once again, carrying her bag as she huffs, unsatisfied with the fact that he never allows her to carry her bag. 

 

She sighed and turned to him. He was just looking straight as he walks. He wasn't looking at her, but his firm grip on her hand was a different case. Mia felt a light tint of warmth. The warmth that she always felt all these time. The silence was a bliss, gentle, comforting. Her lips tugged up into a small, unwary smile. 

 

"How are you feeling?" He asked, eyes looked down as she shakes her head in response. "Normal." She said as soon as they step into the school ground. 

 

Eyes were still on them, uncomfortably staring, chattering about them. Of course, no one would believe that they ended up like that. They knew what they saw, but this wasn't anything they had expected. 

 

No one expected that they would simply remain as friends. 

 

True, they dated for awhile, they were close, they were inseparable. But that was about it. Their relationship ended when Mia decided that she'll want to focus on her studies. She wanted to study abroad, to explore a different world that she hadn't been to. That didn't surprise anyone. What surprised them the most was when Mark actually agreed to the break up. Exactly what was the man thinking? He had been courting her for... months, and he'll allow the relationship to end in just a blink of an eye? 

 

Oddly though, the way they treated each other hadn't change despite the change in their status.

 

Mark was still picking Mia up from her place. They would constantly stay up at each other's place to study. He would be there to carry her bags for her, and he would still be there to hold her hand. 

 

Nothing changed, even though they said that it changed.

 

"Do you think you'll get enough points for the university you wanted to go to?" He asked casually as they looked up at the board. She shrugged casually and looked up as well, scanning through the names. "Who knows." She muttered, hand squeezed his as soon as she found his name.

 

"You did well." She commented, and he grinned. "Easy." He clicked his tongue and she shook her head. 

 

Now, it's her turn to find hers.

 

"Mia!" Rian's voice rang behind her ears. She groaned and turned around, annoyed with the brunette who walked up to her. Her long, staight locks were curled beautifully behind her back, and beside her was him who followed along, his once blonde hair was gone, replaced with a dark, deep locks that resembled his intense gaze. 

 

"How was it?" Rian asked with a light grin on her face. Mia sent her a look and shifted her attention back to the board. "I don't know." She said shortly and continued scanning through the names. It wasn't until the second piece of paper when she finally found her name.

 

Choi Mia. She breathed, lips pursed to hold back the small smile that was tempted to creep on her face. 

 

"I got it." She turned to Mark and said. He nodded, a smile played on his face as he ruffles her hair. "I guess you did." He grinned and wrapped his arm around her neck, pulling her in as he rests his lips on her head. "Congratulations, Mia." He whispered, and she allowed the small smile to pass.

 

"Geez, that reminds me of a certain couple back then." Junior walked up to them and said. "Oh wait, my bad, they're not even a couple now." He smirked when he felt JB's dark gaze on him. Some things never change. Junior shrugged and tugged his hands into his pocket. "Where are the rest?" He turned around and found Jackson walking up to them with Youngji behind him. 

 

"Waddup boys!" He grinned, while Youngji looked away. Her cheeks were flushed red in embarrassment when Jackson flipped his way into the group. How embarrassing can Wang Jackson be? She groaned when he swung his arm around her neck playfully. "So this is the end." He breathed, and Rian rolled her eyes. 

 

"Funny, it's not like you're going anywhere." She smirked at Jackson who had his jaw dropped ajar. "Seriously? Can't I go back to Hong Kong? Why you gotta be so mean, yo?" He faked a sniffle, and JB rolled his eyes. "Screw off, mandoo." He grinned at the younger man who clicked his tongue. 

 

"Don't get me started on how many times you failed to woo Rian back." He smirked when JB's eyes furrowed dangerously at him. "He's still failing by the way." Junior grinned and bumped his fist with Jackson.

 

Rian shrugged it off and approached Mia. "Mom's coming to congratulate us." She said, and Mia nodded. Her family is coming over as well. She turned to the familiar black car that stopped by the school. 

 

Her mother stepped out of the car with a proud smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter