#Practice 031

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 031
It is only healthy if one is willing to open up to the other. 

 

Saying that he was surprised would be an understatement. Mark was completely taken back by the sight of Mia's bold action - She was literally hovering over him. Her hands were securely pressed on either side of his head, and her expression was a pure tease when her lips cocked slightly into a soft smirk. Mia breathed, not aware of the lack of distance between the two of them. She was quite proud, actually, that Mark was for once, the one who was taken off guard. It is fresh, a total new sight to see the usually calm Mark's eyes rounded like saucers before your face. 

 

Before your face... Wait. A light blush crossed her cheeks, and she bit back the annoying twitch in her heart from stirring her thoughts. No, she wasn't going to back down, not this time, not even when her heart was strummed, tack panicked due to the warmth that engulfed their bodies. She was going to confront him. Because there is no bloody way she was going to simply let him ignore her for whatever reason he had that she wasn't wary of. 

 

She needed answers, and she's determined to get them out his mouth.

 

"Mark." She heaved a sigh. "Seriously, what's wrong?" She asked, her voice was soft, with less dominance as she takes in the comfortable warmth that emitted from his body. It wasn't just the body warmth, but the unique scent, Mark's scent that drove her off her once dominant nature. She was never going to win against him, because the latter clearly had an upper hand. 

 

Or so she thought.

 

Mark was, however, having a hard, hard time controlling himself from driving to lunacy. With the girl, whom he happened to like, hovering on top of him was clearly not the best choice anyone could ever have. He thought he made it clear to her that he, in fact, likes her to the gut, but it seemed like it has drawn in a negative effect. She was just too used to hearing it, that she might have thought of it as a joke. 

 

But that wasn't the case, the real problem here is that Lee Mia is literally hovering on top of him, her hands were trapping him in, and her eyes were staring down at him.

 

Chances are, that he will be able to escape, but not without hurting Mia in the process. It requires pushing her off and make a run for it, and that would mean that Mia might just get hurt, bruised around the corner, which is a big no-no for the red head. Another plan was to simply act and chuckle it off, but judging from the look on Mia's face, that can't happen either. He can go on with the tease method, but once again, judging from the look on her face, she wouldn't let him off the hook this time. 

 

Which means there's down to only one solution. To tell her exactly what's wrong. 

 

A soft, inaudible sigh left by his lips, and he shuffled slightly, propping himself up to look at her. Mia flinched, her hands pulled back, so did her body. "Mia..." His voice was soft, gentle, sweet even. "You were planning to introduce yourself to that guy."

 

She furrowed her brows. What? She stared at him unbelievably. "That's it?" She pursed her lips, and he sighed once more, frustrated. He knew it, he just knew that she wouldn't understand anything at all. Does he have to explain everything from A to Z? He didn't know, he wasn't sure if he should. But, once again, knowing Mia, he had to eventually. 

 

So he did.

 

"I like you." He started. He made sure that she wouldn't cut him off, by countering it with his index finger pressed on her soft, cherry lips with a gentle smile on his face. "I'll be frank here. I don't like it when you hang out with guys." He leaned in, as his fingers moved, tracing her jaw and cupped her cheek. "Because I'll get really, really jealous." He whispered, noticing the light tint on her cheeks next.

 

All these while, Mia nibbled her lips, holding back all the unwanted thoughts from surfacing to her mind. "I... I..." She breathed, her lungs desparately cried for air as she found her hands clutched tightly to his shirt. And was it her hands that were trembling? Or was it her heart that was shivering under his bold confession? She couldn't tell, but one thing's for sure. 

 

"You like him." Her teeth gritted against her lower lip. Junhong's words just wouldn't leave her alone. "If you don't want to lose him, you'll have to tell him." 

 

"Tell him about them." 

 

"Mark." She inhaled a deep, shaky breath. "I... Have something to say." She pursed her lips and watched. She saw how his shoulders tensed up upon the statement. And she shook her head, as if reassuring him that it wasn't what he thought it would be. And then, his shoulders relaxed slightly, though not completely. 

 

"I said before, that there are a lot of things that you don't know." He nodded hesitatingly, brows frowned slightly, lips pursed firmly and his eyes watched closely.

 

She didn't know where to start. Everything was so messed up in her mind when Mark decided to rest his arm casually by her waist. It was, in a sense, distracting her. She mentally knocked her head and tried her best to pull herself together. "Remember when I said that my parents are not exactly a parent material?" She asked, and he nodded, once again, hesitatingly. It was almost as if he was trying to take a guess of what she was trying to say. 

 

She continued. "My father... He was a great man. Charming, honest, loyal... He was the perfect husband. While my mother... She was a great housewife..." Her voice trailed off, her expression darkened at every word she said. "They were a loving couple, and the perfect parent for us." She said, as her gaze slowly shifted from him.

 

There was a short pause, a state of silence before she continued. "But of course, nothing lasts long." She muttered, lids dropped as her hands trembled, fingers curled into a ball of fist that clenched onto her shirt. "It wasn't long until I found out about another man that my mother had been seeing for months." She tried to chuckle, but the light crack in her voice gave her off. "She was cheating behind my father's back, and she didn't even try to deny it."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter