#Practice 010

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 010
Read between the lines, there are times where friends hide secrets as well.

 

Hello everyone, my name is Lee Rian. 

 

I might sound like I'm exaggerating but truthfully, I am not. 

 

Today might just be the last day of my life. 

 

Rian bit her lips nervously as Mia steps into her house, the housekeeper bowed and greeted them upon their entrance, but Mia couldn't be bothered. She turned to Rian, a look of boredom played on her face as she silently entered her room. Rian winced, her thoughts filled with all sorts of excuses and explanations she can come up with to save her sorry .

 

Of all things Mia hates, she hates it when whoever's related to her gets discriminated. Because that would, in a sense, hurt her pride.

 

"Erm, tea?" She tried to act like Jisoo, which caused a reverse effect instead.

 

Mia wasn't amused. "Explain." that was her only sentence as she sat comfortably on her bed.

 

"Mia..."

 

"Explain." She repeated, crossing her legs as she shot her a look.

 

Rian heaved a sigh. There's no way out of this, it seems. She bit her lips and pulled a chair to sit beside her. Mia wasn't one to jump into conclusions, which is why she needed explanations from Rian before she goes for the hunt. Rian eyed Mia nervously as she fiddled with her finger. She'll be disappointed, that's for sure. 

 

"Where do I start...?" She tried to sound cherry, but Mia doesn't seem to buy it.

 

"Wherever."

 

Rian nodded. "Well... First of all, before I start, can you promise me not to tell anyone about this?" She pursed her lips as Mia eyed her a suspicious stare. "I mean, I don't want JB and the rest to find out about this..."

 

About the harassments? Mia rolled her eyes. "Start." She crossed her arms and demanded, not wanting Rian's explanation to delay any further. 

 

"F-first off, don't get mad at me but... This isn't the first time..." Mia's eyes furrowed dangerously, her fist clenched at that moment. What did she say? She wanted to knock her off for being an idiot she is. 

 

"It happened after Jaebu- JB got together with Jisoo." Rian smiled as she rubbed her pink, slightly swollen cheek. "I understand their anxiety. I mean, which friend wouldn't feel insecure when her friend's boyfriend is still hanging out with his ex?" She tried to shake it off with a soft chuckle, but Mia knew better than to think that she wasn't bothered by it. "Though it should have been the girlfriend's problem, but I mean, it's Jisoo, she's too kind." 

 

Mia kept quiet and continued to listen.

 

"It started with simple hate letters warning me to stay away, but I threw them away. And no, don't give me that look, I doubt Jisoo's a part of it. She's too sweet to be doing something like this." Rian warned jokingly when Mia frowned. "Because Jisoo is kind, that's why her friends are worried, I guess..."

 

"I mean, it's not like I wanted to get back with him..." A smile, though cheerful, but deep in Rian's voice, Mia can only hear despair. Liar. Mia shook her head. What a terrible liar.

 

"Why did you break up?" Mia found herself asking Rian something more than she needed to. Mentally slapping herself, she clamped her lips and looked away. "Nevermind-"

 

"He wanted to focus." Rian's fist clenched, as she tried to maintain the smile on her face. "Because he promised his father that he would work hard..."

 

Mia nodded. "But in the end, he fell for Jisoo..." Rian chuckled pathetically. "It's funny how he changed his mind just because... When he was so determined when he told me that back then..."

 

Slowly, Rian held back a sniff and found herself unable to look Mia. Her eyes that were once jolly turned moist in fresh tears that threatened to fall. Mia frowned. She didn't know what to do. But one thing's for sure.

 

"Let it all out then." She said, though her expression remained stoic, her voice sounded gentle. "I'm listening."

 

That was then, Mia's first time seeing Rian's tears fall. She jumped off her chair and wrapped her arms around Mia, her cries so loud, so painful in Mia's ears. Carefully, Mia patted Rian's head. The only comfort she can give Rian, was only but the small pat on her head as she lends her a shoulder to cry on.

 

JB. She remembered that guy. He was the blond one with fairly short temper, and the boyfriend of Yoo Jisoo. She looked right at the white walls surrounding them. Though she wasn't planning to do anything in the first place, she had ought to change her mind after having the broken Rian in her arms. 

 

She was going to confront the man regarding this matter.

 

 

Dinner at Rian's place was made simple to accommodate to Mia's favor for simplicity. Mia was thankful for the meal, and was grateful for her aunt's hospitality. But despite the events that went past Mia after the small talk she had with Rian, she couldn't seem to get that out of her thoughts. The look on Rian's face when she talked about him, it felt so painful for Rian that it pisses Mia off.

 

She hated it. Every bit of it.  

 

Love, brings pain. She clenched her fist as she walks down the dark street. It is currently 10pm, which might have explained the darkness as well as the noises and groans coming from drunktards passing by. She could have cared less, they never bothere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter