#Practice 013

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 013
People make mistakes in love, he just so happened to have made a big one.

 

"Let her go, Im Jaebum." Mia's voice echoed in JB's thoughts ever since. So frequently that he couldn't even concentrate on listening to what Jisoo had said as he sends her back home. This whole time, it was only Mia's cold voice and a certain someone that he had in mind. 

 

He dropped his bag by his bedside and dropped on the bed as he looked up at the white ceiling wall. "Let her go." He bit his lips and shook his head. No. He resisted, his fist clenched tightly on the soft futon. "You're hurting her."

 

He pulled his arm to cover his eyes, crease formed between his brows as his fingers trembled in his tight fist.

 

"By being friends, you're hurting her." 

 

He got up from the bed and glared, he kicked the chair and cursed. The words Mia said, every single word made so much sense that it pisses him off just knowing how right Mia was. He hurt Rian. He knew that. He knew that very well. But he simply couldn't bring himself to let her out of his sight, not just yet, his heart wasn't ready for it. 

 

Because Rian was always there since then. She was always there when he needed her. When he fought with Junior due to his short temper, it was Rian who came in between them and resolved the problem; when his father passed on, it was Rian who came rushing from her house just to hold him; and when he found Jisoo, it was Rian...

 

He bit his lips and ruffled his hair in frustration. Rian is always there. Even though he was the one who ended their relationship, she stayed; even though he was the one who hurt her, she never left. 

 

He was a douche, and he knew it.

 

He was selfish, he knew that too.

 

"If you're friends, you should learn to keep your distance." Junior's words too, suddenly felt painful to be ringing in his ears. He didn't want to know what Junior meant by that, but deep down, he knew it fairly well that the way he hasn't gotten use to treating Rian like a friend. It was like a habit that he couldn't bring himself to change, a habit that he would like to keep, a special treatment for Rian and only Rian. 

 

He fell on his knees and panted. He breathed heavily, holding back the feelings that he thought he had long forgotten as his eyes landed on the polaroid photo he had stuck on his wall.

 

Rian. His anger died down seeing the gentle smile on her face. "Someone confessed to Rian again." His face stiffened, recalling what Junior said. 

 

"I'll convince her to try to go out with him." 

 

He clenched his fist tightly. He knew he didn't have the right to be angry. But he knew that Rian wouldn't do it, she never did. Throughout the years after their break up, Rian has never gotten into any relationship. He remembered witnessing the letters and confessions Rian received from guys every now and then, but she never accepted them. At least, for all he knows, she never did.

 

"How sure are you?" 

 

He didn't know anymore. 

 

 

That night, Rian felt the cold wind blew as she walks down the busy street. It was as if they were back in winter, before the spring came. She closed her eyes and heaved a sigh, breathing in the fresh summer night air as she steps into the park. She didn't know why, she simply felt like heading to the park for the night before heading back home. In the end, she couldn't find where Mia took JB. He wouldn't say anything either. She thought Mia would have scared him by now, but all he did was... Smile. 

 

She sighed, shivering in the cold. Summer may be warm in the morning, but it was cold at night. She could have expected that, but didn't bother to bring a jacket anyway. Rian dropped herself on the park bench, as she looked up at the night sky. Pitch black, she bit her lips and dug her nails onto the wooden surface of the bench. 

 

Exactly what did Mia tell JB? She wondered. She had so many questions to ask, but none were answered. 

 

She tried to call Mia, but there was no way to get to her. She went to her class, but she had already left. She tried to call her, but the one who answered was not Mia herself. The one who answered was Mark. Why the hell is he answering Mia's calls for her anyway? She was starting to fear for the man. She can see it, the look on Mark's face mirrored JB's back then. And unlike JB, the one Mark was looking at was Mia, the heartless ice princess. To be honest, she knew that Mia was slowly opening up to Mark, seeing the unusual skinships they have shown to each other despite Mia disliking physical contact. And that relationship Mia have with Mark...

 

She envied it.  

 

When each day passes. I'm afraid my dreams would have lost its way in the wind and disapper. Her phone buzzed, singing the melody she composed back then. Why didn't she change the ringtone? She didn't know. Hearing it reminded her of the pain she thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter